• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Blood-C BD+DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nagato-san

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Blood-C was an crummy show. I liked it up till about episode 7, but the lack of any character development and the gore honestly killed it for me. Now that I'm long over the initial shock of the last episode, I can honestly say that the major problem was that nothing was developed.

Apollo-kun wrote:
It essentially laughs at anime fandom today, and brutally subverts common tropes in order to do so. It was a brilliant meta-discursive work, and one of the few truly adult anime to come along in a while.

TL; DR. If you expected pretty girls fighting ugly monsters with romance and a cute cast, then the joke was always on you.

Yep, it's truly brilliant and adult writing, just like it is when making fun of anyone else.

I mean, I love being made fun of for my tastes! Lololololol so funny. Oh, I know that I should just grow up and take it like a man.

[/end sarcasm]

I don't really appreciate coming into the show because (a) I liked Blood+ and (b) Nana Mizuki, and coming out disgusted and disappointed while then supposedly being made a fool of. Fun times.

Zac wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:

So purely sexualized gore is A-OK with you as long as it disturbs a group of people you don't like?

You keep trying to derail this thread to prove this really hacky, obvious point and it isn't working, please move on.

How is his point hacky? Please elaborate?
jymmy

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:01 am Reply with quote
You don't have to feel like it was toying with your emotions or making fun of you, because it wasn't. It's no metatextual masterpiece, it's just a series with a particularly pronounced dark turn.
Nagato-san

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:59 pm Reply with quote
jymmy wrote:
You don't have to feel like it was toying with your emotions or making fun of you, because it wasn't. It's no metatextual masterpiece, it's just a series with a particularly pronounced dark turn.

Emphasis on supposedly in my previous post. I meant that more in relation to what Apollo-kun was saying. :)
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:00 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
I told you, truth to be told I haven't seen that much gory anime because there's not much of it and most of it is old. I have enough anime to watch that's new.

True enough. i grew up watching the high violent anime of the 90's like Ninja Scroll and Mad Bull 34. Unfortunately those days have ending cause of money and sales. which is why most anime have went to the way of the shouen jump series. and other companies have follwed creating series mainly in the teen catagory and for the younger audience.

though its once in a while to get in some high violent series once in a while . though the only ones that are popular in the shouen era is Hellsing and Black Lagoon. At least the Blood franchise is still good even long after the first movie came which was why Plus got the AS broadcast and C- got a series.

though people have mixed bags about it , it's still a good series even though i admit its inferior to blood plus and it's ending is in a way of sorts kinda similar to how Tokko ended. Incomplete and yearning for a second season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7