• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Free! Swimming Anime Unveils 2 Female Characters, New Visual

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:52 pm Reply with quote
AbZeroNow wrote:
@ Blood-. Ika Musume was hilarious. I guess those tentacular puns didn't kraken you up, huh? I was as happy as a squid in a shrimp bed. And Nyaruko was my favorite comedy last year, and it's only second to HenNeko for laughs this season.

I'd hate to think what of the dilemma you'd be in if NIS America ever licensed Milky Holmes or Nyaruko.

Blood-'s comment is only directed at one show, the one he bolded
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:01 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
AbZeroNow wrote:
@ Blood-. Ika Musume was hilarious. I guess those tentacular puns didn't kraken you up, huh? I was as happy as a squid in a shrimp bed. And Nyaruko was my favorite comedy last year, and it's only second to HenNeko for laughs this season.

I'd hate to think what of the dilemma you'd be in if NIS America ever licensed Milky Holmes or Nyaruko.

Blood-'s comment is only directed at one show, the one he bolded

Correct. I love the first season of Squid Girl. I wouldn't say it or Nichijou are better than the other since comedically speaking they are apples and oranges and both succeed very well with their respective types of humour. I can even understand anyone not liking Nichijou. I'm a big fan but not every skit landed with me. However, not to recognize its overall quality even if that brand of comedy doesn't work for you is ridiculous. Nyaruko's first season was okay, but that show basically only has three jokes and it rams them down the viewer's throat every two seconds. I have no problem saying Nichijou is better than it.

But to have the unmitigated gall to even faintly suggest that Milky Jesus Holmes is remotely worthy of carrying Nichijou's sweaty jockstrap is an offense that should be punishable by a swift kick to the nads with steel-toed boots. Unforgivable.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Rin's sister is cute so I am more than happy with her as an addition.
Here's to hoping she has shark teeth just like her brother.
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
But to have the unmitigated gall to even faintly suggest that Milky Jesus Holmes is remotely worthy of carrying Nichijou's sweaty jockstrap is an offense that should be punishable by a swift kick to the nads with steel-toed boots. Unforgivable.

Tell us how you really feel. Rolling Eyes

Ultimately, while you are entitled to have your opinion on Milky Homes, it is still just an OPINION (Opinions =/= Law).
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Did you not notice my previous post about obvious statements? Could idiots please stop spouting commonplace obvious-isms as if they were imparting some kind of deep truth? Thanks in advance.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:13 pm Reply with quote
If you don't see your post, then it's because you were reported for excessive quoting, and have, thus, had said post moved to the Trash forum. Try to not be lazy in the future. Thanks.
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Did you not notice my previous post about obvious statements? Could idiots please stop spouting commonplace obvious-isms as if they were imparting some kind of deep truth? Thanks in advance.

Too bad that what I said previously is the truth (you're just pissed because it goes against your "all mighty opinion" about the series). Oh, and thanks for the insults (makes you look really mature). Rolling Eyes
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Hey genius, somebody posted that all opinion is subjective and I agreed with that obvious statement. Then you turn around and make the exact same obvious statement which I had previously agreed with. What's the point of that? Do you enjoy being boring, repetitious and pointless? Don't you think the point of posting is to add to the conversation, not just mindlessly repeat what has already been stated and agreed upon?
Wakazhi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:39 pm Reply with quote
First I was laughing at the hardcore moe fans for freaking out; now I'm laughing at some of the fujoshi that are butt-hurt over a couple of female characters that are probably not even going to get hardly any screen time anyway.

Just shows the difference between a "fandom" and a "fetish" when something that trivial makes it or breaks it, for either gender.
Cait

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Wakazhi wrote:
First I was laughing at the hardcore moe fans for freaking out; now I'm laughing at some of the fujoshi that are butt-hurt over a couple of female characters that are probably not even going to get hardly any screen time anyway.

Just shows the difference between a "fandom" and a "fetish" when something that trivial makes it or breaks it, for either gender.

I wish I could laugh with you, but to be perfectly honest it makes me sad to see this sort of thing. I've always found it depressing that women can't stand to see female characters in BL. It is particularly depressing that some can't stand to see female characters in non-BL, either. It used to be that you could have your fujoshi fantasies outside of canon, but it seems like now any threat to that fantasy in canon is unacceptable, too...
TrailOfDead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:42 pm Reply with quote
really what makes any fan feel like they're entitled to anything other than the product they pay for? get over yourselves, fans!
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:58 am Reply with quote
I'm curious, people keep referring to this show as BL. Has there been even the faintest hint of this show being anything of a BL, or are we just pulling things out of our asses?
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:03 am Reply with quote
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:
I'm curious, people keep referring to this show as BL. Has there been even the faintest hint of this show being anything of a BL, or are we just pulling things out of our asses?

Its as BL as K-On is yuri.
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:57 am Reply with quote
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:

It's not BL, but people have definitely already put on their slash goggles.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:36 am Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
lloydz wrote:
No sale. Can't have females interfering with the BL.

Was seriously almost convinced that this anime would have an absence of women until today. I also don't follow news on it that closely either though.
Y'know, that makes you look almost (not as, but almost) as intolerant as the guys complaining about shirtless dude fan service. Not all men are gay, and expecting the entire cast of a show to be so just to tickle your fancy is unrealistic, and it further fetishizes and others people who are attracted to their own sex. As a big supporter of the LGBT movement, i despise the homogenizing and fetishizing of gay men and lesbian women.

So there's straight romance. So what? You deal with it in real life, so deal with it in a slice-of-life show. Variety is, after all, the spice of life.

Thank you! As a straight female who is also a supporter of the LGBT community I agree 100% with this. My main problem with most yaoi/yuri is the fetishizing aspect of it.

I wasn't really that interested in this show before when it was just all males, but know that there are going to be some female characters to help balance out the cast a little I may check it out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7