• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Brothers Conflict (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LKK

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:31 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
I'm wondering why she needs a key to get into her room. is part of the house an old apartment building?

I think so. It seems the family has taken over several floors of an apartment building. At least part of two floors have been partly opened up vertically to create a two-story great room with loft. The bedrooms look like they're still the old apartments spread over a couple of floors. So far, the family seems to be the only residents in the building. They've shown a partial rough floor plan in passing a couple of times. I would love to study a more detailed complete floor plan.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:56 pm Reply with quote
You know there's something lacking in an anime when the architecture grabs people's interest more than the story or characters. Very Happy
---------------------------

I dunno, the more of this I see the more creeped out I'm getting, and it has nothing to do with her being their non-related step-sister. If she was a visiting friend of the family, the situation is still one that I think would freak any normal person out, especially one who seems to have no idea how to establish personal boundaries.

I mean, seriously, imagine living in a house with 12 guys, most of whom are nearly a decade or more older and some of whom are overtly sexually attracted to you, who seem to have no concept of personal space and are happy to invade yours at any moment. It's hard enough to handle one, so maybe she's so passive because she's just on overload.

I think I would feel differently if we ever got the impression that she was interested in all or any of them, but her constantly being in a state of shock, and her repeatedly being pounced without so much as flirting with them makes her seem like such a helpless victim.

The ending dance is interesting. I thought Uta-Pri was overdoing it with 7, but with 13 it's kind of like River Dance choreographed for idols.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

It is like she is a step away from spoiler[them raping her, at very least there is some obvious sexual harassment and she just stands there and takes it]. And yet we are meant to think her Julli is being overprotective, spoiler[one of the adults just forced himself on an underage girl, and some serious issues of sounding like he thinks she is his property]. She like a step or two from being kept in cage to keep her safety, and then we will end up with something like this.

Are the girls out there liking this?

"I am not a child" Says the chibi holding the plush rabbit and spent the episode whining.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:29 am Reply with quote
I still like this. I'm pretty much addicted to this show, but it has slowly started to drift into disturbing territory lately.

spoiler[Tsubaki has already forced himself on her twice and then Azusa basically admitted that he wanted to do the same things to her as Tsubaki. Fuuto seems to be heading down a similar path as Tsubaki. Also kind of convinced that Subaru would have tried something if Natsume hadn't interrupted them.] I actually expected that Kaname was going to be the first one to cross the line, but he seems to be sticking to saying inappropriate things. For now.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Looks like my original count of possible assailants was off, since apparently the shota is after her now too. :/

Except for the karaoke-quality vocals which make my ears bleed, I think the ED is the best part of every episode. It's just so awkward to see the kitchen guy in his suit, vest and tie dancing with them.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Kaname has fallen way behind, and I kinda think Louis has some master plan in place to get everyone to fight with each other and then swoop in to rescue Ema and win her heart
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:06 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

Have I explained yet how much I want to give Fuuto a black eye, I am going to have dreams tonight about doing, I think that I would great to see that smug mug get ruined. Just seeing act like that made me feel sick, at least she actually spoiler[pushed him away, she should have done it harder though].
I think that I am getting a little too involved.

The amount of sexual harassment she has to put up with, maybe one of them should actually get a girlfriend rather than fall for their step-sister. Why am I watching this? I am not the target audience, what is wrong with me?

Last edited by DuskyPredator on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:50 am Reply with quote
It looks to me like someone already gave Fuuto a fat lip.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:51 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

The amount of sexual harassment she has to put up with, maybe one of them should actually get a girlfriend rather than fall for their step-sister. Why am I watching this? I am not the target audience, what is wrong with me?

I dunno. I'm the target audience (supposedly) and I couldn't watch past the second episodes because everything was so awful. I really have to wonder why Japanese writers think girls fantasize of being sexually harrassed -good looking guys or not-
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

spoiler[So this time the triplets are in the center of attention.
Kinda felt sorry for Azusa...
Hope he gets well soon since he's one of the nicer brothers.
Tsubaki's dreams were pretty LOL
He took his brothers condition the hardest.
This episode was kinda sad and more emotional then usual.]

Episode 9

spoiler[This was a pretty sad episode for Chi.
Didn't expect her to find out something so earth-shattering.
Finally they shared some info about Chi's past.
The most surprising thing was Juli's new form!
Well, I guess it's one more reason for her to not feel bad when liking her brothers.
If nothing else Natsume really is a good listener..
It was nice watching Chi and Natsume hang out.
So far, Chi managed to get kissed by at least half of the brothers.
That girl should really pick one of them..
Things just got a whole lot interesting!]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

How old does a squirrel live anyway. I might just go for the crack pairing and say Julie and Chi.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:07 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 9

How old does a squirrel live anyway. I might just go for the crack pairing and say Julie and Chi.

flying squirrels usually live 10 to 15 years in captivity
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:29 am Reply with quote
So all she needs to do now is let Azusa kiss her and then she'll have had all the triplets.

The only one that's even worth rooting for is Yuusuke. But since we've only got three more episodes left, it's only a matter of time before he does something highly inappropriate.

DuskyPredator wrote:
I might just go for the crack pairing and say Julie and Chi.

Same. You just know that she's not going to pick any of them because she loves them all like brothers so Chi and Juli it is! Wink
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Ok, so Miwa really is somewhere near 50 if spoiler[Louis] really is the only adopted brother. she looks good
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Ortensia1980 wrote:
But since we've only got three more episodes left, it's only a matter of time before he does something highly inappropriate.

The series writes itself, doesn't it. Very Happy

So who's left that hasn't kissed her and/or made a pass or declared their romantic love to her? Kitchen guy and the cross dresser are the only ones I can think of.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4