• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timesplitter 01

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Ordered from Rightstufs current sale:

Aria The Animation (Season 1)
Aria The Natural (Season 2) DVD Collection Part 1
Aria The Natural (Season 2) DVD Collection Part 2
Aria The Origination (Season 3)
Emma: A Victorian Romance Season 1
Emma: A Victorian Romance Season 2
Maria Watches Over Us Season 1 - Litebox
Maria Watches Over Us Season 2 - Litebox
Maria Watches Over Us Season 3 - Litebox
Piano: The Melody of a Young Girl's Heart
Rental Magica DVD Collection 1 (S) - Litebox
Rental Magica DVD Collection 2 (S) - Litebox
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:31 am Reply with quote
Came across an Amazon voucher:

Planetes DVD 3 and 4
Tsubasa Chronicle volumes 14 and 15
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:35 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
Since they didn't send it to you, they probably still do have it. Laughing

Well, the jokes on them 'coz I made a little bit of money off their refund. I was charged $75.07 CAD on my CC when I ordered from them. According to the refund email I got from Amazon.com, my CC will be refunded $76.23 CAD. Obviously, the US dollar has weakened relative to the Canadian dollar since I placed the order. A whopping $1.16 profit.

I can probably retire now. Wink
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:10 am Reply with quote
And I just found a cheap source of Planetes volumes 5 and 6. Now I just hope I can get Soranowoto before it goes too OOP (It was released by Bandai here)
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:15 pm Reply with quote
RightStuf shipped my Digimon set exactly as I expected them to. I also placed my largest order with them in a while:

Attack on Titan volume 4
Bodacious Space Pirates Collection 1(BD)
The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan volumes 2 and 3
Girl Friends omnibus 2
Golden Boy complete collection

I also preordered a couple of things from AmiAmi:
Colorful Collection Hidamari Sketch x Honey Comb Trading Mascot BOX
KyunChara - Kyousogiga: Koto Special ver.

@Blood-: If you got more CAN for the same amount of USD, doesn't that mean CAN's fallen further than USD since then? That's like saying gold's fallen since what cost you $20.61 way back when now gets you over seventeen hundred.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:36 pm Reply with quote
@ Polycell - no, I was saying the exact opposite. Getting more CAD back on the same amount of USD means that the USD has weakened, as I said. If the USD had strengthened, I would have got LESS CAD back, instead of more.
lem

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:55 pm Reply with quote
all blu today. tried last night but couldn't connect. grrr. just a few 2013 pre-orders, a few double-dips, & a couple of animated works (@TRSI):

Berserk: The Golden Age Arc Blu-ray Movie 1: The Egg of the King (Hyb)

Bodacious Space Pirates Blu-ray Collection 1

Children Who Chase Lost Voices Blu-ray (Hyb)

Fate/Stay Night Blu-ray Collection 1 (Hyb)

Intrigue in the Bakumatsu ~ Irohanihoheto Blu-ray Collection 1
Intrigue in the Bakumatsu ~ Irohanihoheto Blu-ray Collection 2

Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion Blu-ray (Hyb) Director's Cut

Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland Blu-ray (Hyb)
Looney Tunes Platinum Blu-ray Collection 2 (D)[/b]
Ninjachad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:45 pm Reply with quote
I just ordered Ghastly Prince Enma Burning Up yesterday from Rightstuf. Considering a standard release isn't planned, I decided to pick it up. I've never seen a Go Nagai show, but hopefully we'll get along. Smile
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:17 pm Reply with quote
All three DVD volumes to the Battle Athletes OVA series from off Amazon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Decided with the extra money I placed onto my second card (gotta start saving up for my brother's Christmas gift and TRSI's inevitable Black Friday/12+ Days of Christmas Sales; oh, my wallet...) to pick up from shawnek on Amazon Nerima Daikon Brothers Volume 2 with Artbox.

Hopefully these next four episodes are just as funny and amusing as the first four. Smile
Mylene

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:
All three DVD volumes to the Battle Athletes OVA series from off Amazon.

That's such a fun one. I liked the OAV a lot better than the TV series.

Trying to decide if I'm going to further blow my October budget on some items from the Sentai sale. At the very least Penguin Drum since I've somehow managed not to preorder it yet.
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:03 pm Reply with quote
I just got Yotsuba&! vols 2 & 3, Girl Friends omnibus 1, Hidamari SKetch season 1 and Koi Kaze(at long last).

My brother's fiancee also got a bunch of packages in today(nothing anime-related); seeing her carrying everything was hilarious! Laughing
Tris8

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Natsume's Book of Friends Season 1&2 Premium Edition arrived today! I absolutely love it. This is the first of this kind of release I have ever bought (such a long artbox!). Luckily, I have a shelf it'll fit on no problem. The box was done really nicely. I don't know what kind of material they used, but it isn't smooth which gives it this great look which fits perfectly with the feel of the show. The artbook is nice, though it is a very tight fit in the box with the DVDs. The first 1/3 of the book is just episode summaries and pics from the episodes, but then we get to the interview, character sketches, and some great full page artwork. I really want to watch the show now. Season 5 please Japan? please please please?
warden13

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Tris8 wrote:
Natsume's Book of Friends Season 1&2 Premium Edition arrived today! I absolutely love it. This is the first of this kind of release I have ever bought (such a long artbox!). Luckily, I have a shelf it'll fit on no problem. The box was done really nicely. I don't know what kind of material they used, but it isn't smooth which gives it this great look which fits perfectly with the feel of the show. The artbook is nice, though it is a very tight fit in the box with the DVDs. The first 1/3 of the book is just episode summaries and pics from the episodes, but then we get to the interview, character sketches, and some great full page artwork. I really want to watch the show now. Season 5 please Japan? please please please?

I got my set yesterday and I have to agree that the book cloth (or at least that what it seem like) that they used for the box works really well with the art style.
Altacia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:53 pm Reply with quote
warden13 wrote:
Tris8 wrote:

I got my set yesterday and I have to agree that the book cloth (or at least that what it seem like) that they used for the box works really well with the art style.

So Jealous!

<3 Glad the set is so nice, Can't wait for mine to get here. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 961 of 1401