• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Help/Advice/Experience for First Timer at AX

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhondavb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Hi...

I'm going to attend AX for the first time this year. It was a last minute decision, so I will have to get my tickets through will call. Crying or Very sad

I was looking forward to going until I heard about standing in line for hours on end and some other various negative experiences from other folks.

What have your experiences been attending AX? Is there anything I should look out for? I would like to hear honest opinions, but right now, I'm not looking forward to it as I thought I would be.

Thanks for your input!

-Rhonda
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:55 pm Reply with quote
rhondavb wrote:
I'm going to attend AX for the first time this year. It was a last minute decision, so I will have to get my tickets through will call. Crying or Very sad

I was looking forward to going until I heard about standing in line for hours on end and some other various negative experiences from other folks.

Hey guess what, it is also my first time too! I PM (On the AX forum) one of the staff members and somethings he noted were coming Friday to pick up your badge and holder so that you can just walk in Sat-Mon.
If your driving like me he said "If you do park in the hotel parking lot, park in the Hilton. I think it's half the price of the Marriott's lot. There might be cheaper parking at the Clarion hotel. I'm not really sure as I do not drive."

Otherwise I also have some questions for people. I am going only on Monday so I was looking at the schedule and I was a bit confused on somethings. First thing when it says (10-11) Geneon Entertainment Spotlight on Ergo Proxy. Is this going to be a showcase for the show, or do they end up showing an episode of this series? Also how about the (looks like it start around 6) Anime Expo Gundam Experience, what is that? Other things, like the evening programming from 8-10? Is there any other things you would thing would be fun to do on Monday, I am going to the movie so that one thing taking care of, and I hope to stop by and see ANN staff members.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral

P.S. How many ANN members are actually planning to go? If you see me I will probably be sporting my Laughing Man Shirt, and my tag will read Delta Kiral. see ya there!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1