• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Need help choosing a Cosplay character

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sykosteve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:35 pm Reply with quote
I replaced this thread over in the Anime section due to higher traffic. So when a Mod sees this, please delete it...as I'm unaware of the self contained ability to do so.

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to the forum and couldn't think of a better section to post this topic.

I'm going to AWA (anime weekend atlanta) in about 3 weeks for my 2nd time. I want to cosplay, but I lack funds to make a super high quality outfit. Can any of you guys think of any simple characters that I could cosplay as?

I was contemplating going as Chouji from Naruto, as it would be a really easy costume, and his physique essentially matches mine (overweight Sad ) But...I have glasses, and I realize that people cosplay with glasses even though their character's don't have them, but I was hoping to gear away from that.

I'm also aware of all the ignorant criticism of people who cosplay for naruto and people getting classified as narutards by elitists...yet another reason i wanted to steer away from it.

anyways, i'm 5' 11", bout 285 with black hair and glasses...any help would be greatly appreciated Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1