• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mushishi Anime Gets 2nd Season in April

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:41 pm Reply with quote
stardf29 wrote:
The Mushi-shi special on CR is listed as distributed by Aniplex, so actually, I'd say Aniplex of America is most likely to pick up the second season. (As much as I'm sure many people would hate to hear that…)

But anyway, definitely looking forward to the second season. Actually, I still need to finish the first season… although at least, with it all being standalone stories, I don't necessarily need to do so before starting the second.

I made a mistake of reading too much into things like this when I thought that Darker Than Black season 2 was AOA's license because they had an ad of it on their other releases. But it ended up being funimaton that released the show. So, I will wait for an official announcement.
I have faith Funimaton will release this one since they kinda need to balance out their catalog. They've been harem/ecchi heavy lately which leaves their other loyal customers kinda on the back burner.

Besides last I remember the show didn't do bad for them. Sure it was not a top seller which is why it didn't land in the Classic line. However, very few of their shows did. On top of which there are smart people in Funimaton that know what Mushi-shi has to offer and that that is sellable for a profit (maybe no the biggest) and gets them brownie points with many fans.

Fletcher1991 wrote:
I am glad that there isn't even the one kid who's like "THIS ANIME SUCKED WHO CARES!" in this topic. Obviously because Mushishi was universally amazing.

I'm very glad. Mushi-shi is very colorful/vivid in both plot and scenery. The dub is super for the show and the whole script and flow of the show is just on a nice pace. Every story is interesting and you actually care what is happening. Awesome show all in all and a season 2 is very welcome.

However, I liked to dub too much to watch the next installment in sub. I just want to experience this next "chapter" to the story in the same manner as I did the last, in dub that is. So, I will patiently wait for funimation to dub it. Which, I have faith they will.
hwan2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:53 pm Reply with quote
good work guys Wink
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:39 am Reply with quote
Oh, what a beautiful morning.
I'm just in the middle of my second watch right now, showing it to someone, and was about to bump it up from excellent to masterpiece, and now I read this. Wonderful.
Oraculo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:20 am Reply with quote
Sweet! Anime smile However, I, for one, hope it will be streamed with subs or that Sentai licenses it, since I like to support the actual creators of an anime, not the afterthought "dubbers".
jdnation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, I'm so happy! I'm going to go order the first season on DVD right now! I held off because I don't like buying 'incomplete' series... I usually like to wait until a story is complete and released. But I really like this show. So I might pick it up anyway becaue this is the announcement I've been waiting for but thought would never happen! Though now, I'm also wondering if I should hold out for a blu-ray transfer... Razz
nhat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:00 pm Reply with quote
+1 +1 amazing!
nhat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:01 pm Reply with quote
jdnation wrote:
Oh man, I'm so happy! I'm going to go order the first season on DVD right now! I held off because I don't like buying 'incomplete' series... I usually like to wait until a story is complete and released. But I really like this show. So I might pick it up anyway becaue this is the announcement I've been waiting for but thought would never happen! Though now, I'm also wondering if I should hold out for a blu-ray transfer... Razz

There's no overarching arc for this series. Each one has it's own unique flavor to it and surreal feeling to it.
JackCox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:40 am Reply with quote
This is easily quite possible even the Best Anime series of all time, I know some like Cowboy Bebop but this just hits at the soul and places that nothing else does. I am begging whoever licenses please treat this with care.
jsieczkar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:09 am Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:
Hooray! What fantastic news!

Does anyone know if this series did well for Funimation? I'm not against subs, but I thought they did a great job with the dub and I loved how they initially released it with the chip box and postcards. I would hate to see it get a bare bones Sentai release. (No offense Sentai! I appreciate how you pick up the niche titles!)

It under performed by a good margin.
Anti_Nadalista

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:39 am Reply with quote
I hope for similar production values. The original show was animated mostly in 1s and 2s.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Great! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
god45

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:37 pm Reply with quote
hay i have a question every one really happy that Mushishi is back since it the first anime i ever saw .does that mean we could see the rest of hitman reborn animated since just like Mushishi it manga ended as well could we see reborn in the future i would really like too see vindice and shimon please artland make it happen i would be one happy fanboy Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4