• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Dragonball Z series?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ogami Itto

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 4:51 am Reply with quote
Anyone got any english resources for the new Dragonball Z series coming out? also I heard they're making a live-action movie as well (could be interesting... or crap... or both) Is this just a rumour or are they going ahead with it?
Vicious

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 4:54 am Reply with quote
There's no new DBZ series coming out(Like it hasn't been milked enough already. The first 30 or so eps were actually decent, but then...) Someone does have the rights to make a live action movie out of it though. I'm scared.
Case

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 8:26 am Reply with quote
It's true that there is no new Dragon Ball anime coming out in Japan. But don't forget, there's one series that has been shown there already that just hasn't come to America yet.

Last thing I heard, FUNimation was planning to bring Dragonball GT to America as early as fall 2003. There is even a question on their official DragonballZ.Com site FAQ.

I quote:
Q: How will the remaining Dragon Ball Z episodes be released?
A: Cartoon Network will air the rest of the DBZ series through the Buu Saga in the fall of 2002. If things go smoothly then DBGT will begin in 2003 on Cartoon Network.

So if you've heard rumors of a new series coming to America, that's probably what you were hearing about.

Also, just adding to Vicious's comments about the live-action DBZ movie, you can check out the official announcement, as posted at DragonballZ.Com at this address:
http://www.dragonballz.com/newsite/frontpage/newsframeset.cfm?news_id=281
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1