• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cross-Dressing TV Anime Himegoto's 1st Promo Video Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splitter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:57 pm Reply with quote
This looks so unbelievably trashy. Should be a good guilty pleasure Very Happy
lebrel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:06 pm Reply with quote
LinkTSwordmaster wrote:
The question I'd like to ask the creator of this story/anime (Himegoto) is ~why does it seem like the guy here must be kicked around - especially on account of cross-dressing - for the show to be interpreted as comedic/entertaining~?

Having read a lot of crossdressing-guy manga for male readers, a lot of the stories revolve around aggressive, bossy women who bully the male lead and force him to crossdress. In the more explicit stories this is usually followed by her sexing him up but good, and I think that's the core part of the fantasy even in the PG stories: aggressive, dominant women who will make you their plaything, with the "in bed" implication made more or less explicit according to the rating of the series. I hadn't even heard of Hemegoto before seeing this article, so I don't know if the same dynamic applies here, but it's plenty common.
leesahlynn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:45 am Reply with quote
Wow some of you have inner issues you really need to work through.

I'm so disappointed this is only going to be five minutes, I was thinking from the start that it would be a full anime! Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2