• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Adult Game Company Alice Soft Closes Tokyo Office

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:44 am Reply with quote
It's a bit strange actually. As far as I remember last installments of both their main series(I mean Daiteikoku and Rance Quest games) did very well in monthly and yearly rankings. They shouldn't have a financial issues to close one of their offices.

Last edited by Nachtwandler on Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:28 am Reply with quote
They didn't blame it on money; them simply moving the staff's workplace, rather than laying them off, is a nice argument to the contrary.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Tokyo is its own sub-state, with politicians trying to cater. Are their regular people really driving the changes the government are implimenting? It sounds more like the conservatives taking power and throwing their weight around.

I'm not big into what Alice Soft put out, but freedom being able to publish/produce it shouldn't be destroyed either.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:48 pm Reply with quote
I don't like Rance series unlike most of people but Daibanchou is one of my favorite games ever. So I just hope it's not because of some serious problems in company
kanechin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:07 pm Reply with quote
this cleaner image for the "morally correct" usa bs is the reason why I will never watch a olympic event ever again and I will make sure to prevent my family from watching as well if any long lasting damage is done to moe/hentai.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2