• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Times Anime Danced Its Butt Off

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdnation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:44 pm Reply with quote
No Joshiraku???

ANN, I am disappoint...
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Pretty Rhythm Dear My Future did not make this list? *harumph*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiieuGdRqxw

That anime and the one before it has great music and great dances. Not to mention they're two of my favorite anime...
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:36 am Reply with quote
I prefer to do The Monkey with King Gainer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:26 am Reply with quote
Yeah, for those that mentioned Space Dandy, so much dancing, even an episode dedicated to it too. >_>

Also, IIRC, no Hare + Guu on the list either? I remember it had its share of dancing moments (Though I've never actually watched the series other than AMV's and short vids on it.)

Well, I guess what's good on the list does have its moments, even the top 2 there! X3
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:39 am Reply with quote
IIRC, not too long ago, one of Naruto Shippūden's OPs was Niwaka Ame Nimo Makezu, which had some of the characters dancing. Wasn't on Haruhi/Lucky Star level, but had a nice feeling to it.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:06 am Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
What, no mention of Kill me Baby dancing sequence? Sacrilege!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBu20c5156U

That was a great one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:45 am Reply with quote
You guys should've linked the encore version of Hare Hare Yukai. It's shorter because it's just the TV size but it has Sugita and OnoD dancing too. =P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLjeP9GvyqA

I'm also slightly surprised that the Youkai Watch opening isn't listed. It's the song that all little kids in Japan right now can dance.
Jitsch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:40 am Reply with quote
And where is the Pretty Cure Franchise on this list?

Most series have had dance endings. Starting with Ganbalance de Dance in Splash☆Star, which got new versions in the next two seasons... and since Fresh Precure, all endings have been dance endings. Fresh Precure even had the dancing in the series (the mian characters formed a dance unit).

I think it should be mentioned u.u
Banjo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:53 am Reply with quote
Try my favorite anime Super Gals! Para Para dance ftl Cool
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:09 am Reply with quote
Jitsch wrote:
And where is the Pretty Cure Franchise on this list?

Most series have had dance endings. Starting with Ganbalance de Dance in Splash☆Star, which got new versions in the next two seasons... and since Fresh Precure, all endings have been dance endings. Fresh Precure even had the dancing in the series (the mian characters formed a dance unit).

I think it should be mentioned u.u

I was going to specifically mention that. Smile in fact, every Pretty Cure season since Fresh Pretty Cure! has two dancing ED's per season.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Dancing in anime. What will be thought up next? I may be dating myself here but anime isn't the only place that has had it's share of snappy dancers. Nearly everyone from Fred Astaire to Michael Jackson to Sammy Davis Jr. has had their turn on movies and television. I just hope that an anime company has a lookalike of Paula Abdul strutting her stuff in one of their shows one of these days.
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:10 pm Reply with quote
^
I don't think that anybody is trying to claim that anime is responsible for the creation of dancing.
Paula Abdul would make a good anime character. Her "character design" would fit well in most fan service shows, and I mean that as a complement. I like fan service shows and I like Paula Abdul.

I have no disagreement with anything on the list, but I do think that the Lucky Star entry should have referenced the cheerleader dance in the last episode, rather than the opening.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:38 pm Reply with quote
King-Gainer can dance no questions but the new Gundam G has dancing too. Tomino is one crazy dude.
Brakus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:15 pm Reply with quote
What, no love for Ashigaru Dance from SenBASA?!

http://youtu.be/aRHqmTuaDBY
http://youtu.be/4sisEPp3b4w

And then later on, the ED dance from SenBASA The Last Party:

http://youtu.be/2soTc4ZYb00
http://youtu.be/TrqkKQwRyxY
Key

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:41 pm Reply with quote
I have seen all of these except the Love Love! one, and while I agree that there are many notably-overlooked dances (especially from Princess Tutu), I think it's hard to argue against the inclusion of any of the ones on this list, and especially against "Hare Hare Yukai" being #1. Each of those had something special to them that went beyond just being a dance and made them stand out.

Another one that I would toss out for consideration is the Proprietess's fan dance from the Blade and Soul closer "Rainbow." You'll see few dances in anime that are as beautifully and meticulously-animated as this one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4