• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NANA -- general discussion.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mylene

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:56 pm Reply with quote
The rumor I heard from a friend of a friend who heard on a forum that on someone on another forum saw on a blog of a person who's cousin works as a custodian at Madhouse was that once Yazawa finishes the manga, Madhouse will continue the animation. (I'm feeling a bit facetious, but that is the rumor I've been seeing.)

I feel it's very, very likely there is a second season, if only because the Nana Navigator repeatedly said that this was the end of the first season, and that she hoped to continue guiding us through more, etc. It certainly seems to be intended at the very least.
jetz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Mylene wrote:
The rumor I heard from a friend of a friend who heard on a forum that on someone on another forum saw on a blog of a person who's cousin works as a custodian at Madhouse was that once Yazawa finishes the manga, Madhouse will continue the animation. (I'm feeling a bit facetious, but that is the rumor I've been seeing.)

I feel it's very, very likely there is a second season, if only because the Nana Navigator repeatedly said that this was the end of the first season, and that she hoped to continue guiding us through more, etc. It certainly seems to be intended at the very least.

Maybe she was just teasing us? I hope not..

Hopefully I don't need to wait for more than a year and a half before I can watch the second season.. I need more NANA..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:35 pm Reply with quote
jetz wrote:
Mylene wrote:

Maybe she was just teasing us? I hope not..

Hopefully I don't need to wait for more than a year and a half before I can watch the second season.. I need more NANA..

I can't see why there wouldn't be a second season. The franchise has apparently done quite well in Japan, and if there's more manga, why not animate it? After all, Paku Romi and rock music make everything better!

And the end of the first season was just so open....If there's not more after that I'm gonna go cry and then grab Shizue Nana by the hair and bash her head into a wall.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:44 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I would be SO shocked if they didn't make a second season, especially since it was left so open for there to be more as the anime did not come up with its own ending. The NANA series has done incredibly well for itself and they've already made two movies as well as the anime, so I don't see it stopping anytime soon. But, as I said, chances are they will want to wait for the manga to end (I think it is definitely coming towards an ending right now, though I don't know how much longer it is projected to be) in order to finish the series off with a second season, rather than having to wait again to make a third.
jetz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:05 am Reply with quote
Is there any chance that they will not follow the manga? I read somewhere thatspoiler[ Nobu gets a new girlfriend].. That'll just make me more sad than when spoiler[Nobu and Hachi broke up]..
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:17 pm Reply with quote
jetz wrote:
Is there any chance that they will not follow the manga? I read somewhere thatspoiler[ Nobu gets a new girlfriend].. That'll just make me more sad than when spoiler[Nobu and Hachi broke up]..

I sincerely doubt it, considering that the anime has pretty much been the manga word-for-word so far. Still, with the way the rest of the story's been, I know Yazawa-sensei will come up with a fantastic ending for it.
Aylinn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:23 pm Reply with quote
jetz wrote:

Rather not. From what I heard they wait for the manga to end. What's about Nobu spoiler[and Yuri there is nothing that show they end up together in the future (at least I don't remember anything) but it is shown that Takumi and Hachi are still married, so there is rather no chance for Nobu and Hachi. ]
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:57 pm Reply with quote
It would make no sense to deviate from the manga now, after following it so closely for so long. And yeah, as it has been said, spoiler[Nobu does have a relationship after Hachi in the manga and Hachi and Takumi definitely seem to be married, not to mention the fact that Satsuki is obviously Takumi's child which is good since she is the reason behind the marriage.]
jetz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:41 pm Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
It would make no sense to deviate from the manga now, after following it so closely for so long. And yeah, as it has been said, spoiler[Nobu does have a relationship after Hachi in the manga and Hachi and Takumi definitely seem to be married, not to mention the fact that Satsuki is obviously Takumi's child which is good since she is the reason behind the marriage.]

Actually I still have my doubts about that. I know she looks a lot like Takumi, but maybe they just made it like that to fool us (obviously on Nobu's side).

I hope it's not going to be a boring new season. I mean, for some reason I think that the characters getting married might make things less interesting. During the first season, the hook ups (especially Hachi's relationship with her boyfriends) made up most of the plot.
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:44 pm Reply with quote
jetz wrote:

I hope it's not going to be a boring new season. I mean, for some reason I think that the characters getting married might make things less interesting. During the first season, the hook ups (especially Hachi's relationship with her boyfriends) made up most of the plot.

Really? I thought they were sort of a background for the growing friendship between Hachi and Nana. It seemed like things were happening to one of the two just so the other could react to it via a soliloquy.

I want to find out what happened to Nana. I read somewhere that spoiler[she kills herself], but I really hope that's not true. I'd cry.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Murasakisuishou wrote:

I want to find out what happened to Nana. I read somewhere that spoiler[she kills herself], but I really hope that's not true. I'd cry.

spoiler[That is definitely not true, while it isn't clear what exactly happened to Nana because it hasn't been revealed yet, she certainly does seem to be alive. We don't have any definite answers yet though, at least not in the latest manga I read.]

As for Satsuki, spoiler[she just looks way too much like Takumi for me to have any doubts, not to mention the fact that Nobu and Hachi did use condoms and thus did make the chance that it was Nobu's baby quite a bit less, though of course not impossible.]

I definitely do agree that the main story is the relationship between Hachi and Nana, and their romantic relationships are more part of the background, though obviously they are very important in themselves as well.
jetz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:02 am Reply with quote
Now that I thought about it, I guess you're right. Although I think reacted the most when it came to Hachi's relationships, specially when spoiler[she broke up with Shoji.] I seriously hate that guy.

As for Nana, I read that spoiler[her condition gets worse - that she faints during one of her performances.. ]Something like that.
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:05 am Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:

As for Satsuki, spoiler[she just looks way too much like Takumi for me to have any doubts, not to mention the fact that Nobu and Hachi did use condoms and thus did make the chance that it was Nobu's baby quite a bit less, though of course not impossible.]

I dunno, to me she just looked like a little kid drawn by Yazawa Ai. Besides, if you think about it logically, she could look quite a bit like spoiler[Nobu], if we knew how he looked without his hair bleached. That's assuming his hair is bleached, though (although I can't see how it isn't).

I'm just screwing around. It's obvious that Satsuki is spoiler[Takumi's kid].
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:19 am Reply with quote
I suppose Nobu might bleach his hair, since Ai Yazawa does seem to generally stick to natural hair colours somewhat, but I don't think we could say that for sure. But I think spoiler[that facial features also look very similar between Takumi and Satsuki. And Hachi is shown as wearing a wedding ring still so it's pretty clear that she's still with Takumi, unless she ended up with someone else which I find highly unlikely.]

I'm not sure what happens with Nana and spoiler[her condition since the scanlations are a bit behind I believe (not sure by how much). All I do know is that Nana is at very least missing and maybe presumed dead but it looks like she isn't as they've found pictures of a woman with long blonde hair and the same tattoo as Nana singing in the US, IIRC].

Hachi's relationships certainly are important and one of my favourite things about the show too, but the central part of the series is the friendship. It's fun to have a series OTP be friendship-based.
jetz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:23 am Reply with quote
So Nana spoiler[was missing]? I have got to start reading the manga! I don't know where to start though.. I just want to read about everything that happened after the last episode..
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8