• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Favorite Anime Mascot

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:17 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
No love for Kyubei? The only mascot to be actually important to the story.

that is true. unfortunately he's the most despised anime mascot in history which is why he never got a mention at all.

though i was surprised that puu didn't get a mention or even pikachu since that electric rodent literately is the reason why anime mascots got put on the map in the western shores.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Key

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:06 am Reply with quote
Dragonsandphoenix wrote:
I've always wanted a Kyubey plushie. Maybe I'll consider buying one so my non-otaku friends can obliviously gush over how cute it is.

You know, this tickles my fancy enough that I'd probably do the same. I have a major anime 'con coming up in about three weeks, so I'll have to keep an eye out for one.

(Hmmmm. Then I could set him side-by-side with the Ryo-Ohki plushie and do "which one of these is evil?" contests with people who don't know anime.)

jr240483 wrote:
though i was surprised that puu didn't get a mention or even pikachu since that electric rodent literately is the reason why anime mascots got put on the map in the western shores.

I think this is an overstatement. Ryo-Ohki plushies were, I'm pretty sure, out before Pikachu came along. (And I'm thinking that I saw Luna ones prior to that point, too.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5