• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Akihabara Maid Gym Will Add Fanservice to Your Workout

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:32 pm Reply with quote
@HeeroTX

"Spotter" that was the word I was trying to remember. I'll have to admit that the source of my information was a murder mystery where the spotter pushed down and used the bar to strangle the lifter.

The guy in those photos was undoubtedly working out at a real gym.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:03 pm Reply with quote
I would've said that I doubt the increased appeal of a gym simply by having female assistants in maid outfits (or at least, the way it's marketed sounds like it's trying to reach out to people who would otheriwse be too afraid to go to a gym), but it's made its crowdfunding goal, so I guess it works out for them (no pun intended).

I wonder if that guy was asked to dress like an otaku or if he just naturally dresses like that.

CandisWhite wrote:
Seriously, I don't think this is a very good idea. Not only does it play on the fears of someone who is so out of it that they can't handle something as simple as going to a rec centre but I question how safe and effective the gym's training will be. What on earth will the facilities be like if $7680 is "more than its goal" ?

A goal that small could mean anything, really. Maybe it's as you fear and it's just some bivouac somewhere. But, more likely, it means most of the funding had already been obtained and the crowdfunding is either for that last step or for publicity. I've encountered a number of crowdfunding projects of the latter.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2