• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Senran Kagura Games Get 2nd TV Anime Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TravellinMatt77

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I'm surprised by this. I thought the 2013 series was fun, especially for the characters, but needed a stronger plot. Maybe we'll get one this time around, since I do like the unique take on ninja shenanigans.
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:21 pm Reply with quote
What a great day for Senran Kagura. Many games and a new anime. Can't wait to watch it.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Chaos Wings wrote:
Hooray for PLOT! Wink

Always thought it was strange they left it at just one season. SK is one of those ecchi franchises you could easily spin endless sequels from and rake in the cash. Glad to hear they finally decided to remedy the situation.

The first series only had average sales from what I remember. It isn't exactly a big money making title on the anime side. However, given that most video game adaptations are just to get people interested in the source these days I guess it doesn't matter.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:00 am Reply with quote
This is a funny show. It is also one of my favorite Felecia Angelle-starred anime.
Spike Terra
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:37 am Reply with quote
I'm really hoping they'll adapt Crimson Girls or Deep Crimson. But I bet they will do some heavy altered version of Shinovi Versus (one where all of the story lines make sense and aren't ruined by the Hebijo arc).
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:44 am Reply with quote
I really hope the second season explains things, rather than starting off five games later and expecting us to know what happened. The Estival Versus OVA was just way too confusing with how much background it didn't explain(though it did make me realize that the censored breasts were part of Senran Kagura's charm).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2