• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st Eureka Seven Hi Evolution Film's English-Dubbed Clip Previews New Scenes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:02 am Reply with quote
I like the original series so I will definitely be checking this out. Did they replaced JYB as Renton?
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:54 am Reply with quote
Looks very interesting, so I'm on-board. Unless JYB's voice has aged (why would it not?) it does sound like someone else. However, the encyclopedia here says it is JYB along with most of the original voice cast. At least Adroc's signature phrase is rendered better here, always thought the phrasing was so clunky in English "...do it yourself or you won't get anything".
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:05 pm Reply with quote
I think it is still JYB, though it is definitely sounding different, which could be chalked up to being 10+ years since the series was recorded, or possibly a different approach to the performance. The encyclopedia says it's him, and it looks like Funimation outsourced it to New Generation in order to be able to get as many LA actors as possible, so it would be odd to do that only to end up replacing one of the leads.

Last edited by Greed1914 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
levyanime

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
I think it is still JYB, though it is definitely sounding different, which could be chalked up to being 10+ years since the series was recorded, or possibly a different approach to the performance. The encyclopedia says it's him, and it looks like Funimation outsourced it to New Generation in order to be able to get as many LA actors as possible, so it would be odd to do that only to end up replacing on of the leads.

According to FUNimation Films' site for the movie, it is and yep they did!

https://www.funimationfilms.com/movie/eureka-seven-hi-evolution/

I'm a bit surprised that some people still didn't know about this, despite the info for the dub being out there for almost over a month, but I guess not a lot of people go to FUNiFilms' website. Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1