• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Oregairu Illustrator Ponkan8 Holds Exhibit to Commemorate Release of Final Light Novel Vol

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKillerAngel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:30 pm Reply with quote
It's interesting to see how the guy's art has evolved over the years. He's certainly improved if you compare his early stuff to his newer stuff.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Yep, I definitely agree with the above poster. The art definitely improved over the span of this LN series.

Man, it feels weird to see this series is ending soon. While it'll be awhile before I get to read it (won't be until sometime in 2020, seeing as YenPress will be releasing volume 8 in October), I'm anticipating the ending. While I'm one that would love to see the series end with a romantic pairing, it's also not a series that (in my eyes) needs to do so.

Thing I want most is more anime, a 3rd season may be enough to finish the series.
Hikifroggy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Yep, I definitely agree with the above poster. The art definitely improved over the span of this LN series.

Man, it feels weird to see this series is ending soon. While it'll be awhile before I get to read it (won't be until sometime in 2020, seeing as YenPress will be releasing volume 8 in October), I'm anticipating the ending. While I'm one that would love to see the series end with a romantic pairing, it's also not a series that (in my eyes) needs to do so.

Thing I want most is more anime, a 3rd season may be enough to finish the series.

The Anime one my favs but i know little of the novels. how much content can they produce as episodes after S2?
juusee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Hikifroggy wrote:
The Anime one my favs but i know little of the novels. how much content can they produce as episodes after S2?

I don't read the LNs but I heard that the anime adapted up to the end of volume 11 or 12, which means there's only 2 or 3 volumes they can adapt. This will either equate a movie or perhaps a 6 episode OVA series.
jdnation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Hoping to see another anime season to conclude the story too.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:30 am Reply with quote
juusee wrote:
Hikifroggy wrote:

I don't read the LNs but I heard that the anime adapted up to the end of volume 11 or 12, which means there's only 2 or 3 volumes they can adapt. This will either equate a movie or perhaps a 6 episode OVA series.

I'm pretty sure that it didn't cover the entirety of volumes 12, I think I remember people saying it was at the end of volume 11 or the first chapter of volume 12. As for enough material, I think No Game No Life was an anime where the 12 episodes covered 3 LN volumes. Pretty sure it's the same deal with Devil is a Part Timer. Black Bullet was 4 volumes for 12 episodes. Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers was only 1 volume for its 12 episode season

So, it's something that has been done, 3 volumes for a 12 episode season. It just depends on how dense the story is for the 3 volumes left. And, I also don't know how much they cut out in the first 2 seasons for them each to span around 11 volumes of content. Could just mean that a 3rd season cuts out nothing/very little.

I'll eventually get to experience the end for myself, as I'm buying the novels, but I'd still love to see it animated.
xBTAx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Oh, hmm, I hadn’t realized the LNs were being released here. I haven’t bought/read LNs since the first few Haruhi volumes (always meant to get the rest someday...), but I enjoyed the anime enough a few years back that maybe I’ll try to catch up with these.
TheKillerAngel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:36 pm Reply with quote
The anime covers up to volume 11. Volume 12 was released after the second season.
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Hard to believe that Oregairu Light novels are ending soon. But all good things must come to a end. Although I wonder when they will make a third season. Or even English Dub Oregairu anime?
Xiximaro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Please just announce a anime sequel before the last volume is published, please
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1