• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Rifle is Beautiful Voice Actors Become PR Ambassadors for National Rifle Association of Ja

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:24 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
consequences and lies be damned.

Thank you.. you took the words right out of my mouth.. the only ways that Anti gunners can gain any ground against logic involve outright lies and misdirection wait for it.... FACT

I strongly recommend doing some research before you post...
While I see the emotion behind your replies, nothing you posted is factually correct.

To answer some of your questions.. someone looking to do harm is going to gravitate to a gun free zone.. why? because there will be no push back. While using your logic if your ever in a situation with an active shooter and you can't find shelter.. you just roll over and die? really? Denying someone a chance to defend themselves because of false safety is really Stupid.
And timeout for sec in all seriousness I hope nobody here ever has to go through that, I just want to put that out there.

And the Dr. issue. Honestly a Doctor has no business knowing what I have or don't have. Nobody but yourself and those you trust needs to know anything further. If you volunteer that information.. you might just be a sucker, and that is a different debate.

It's easy to parrot what you see on TV, its not as easy to look further into an issue and see what is really happening. Take a look at sites like FBI.gov... look at violent crime rates and how they have been falling pretty steadily. Take a look at individual crime statistics and take note that areas with strict gun laws have some of the worst crime and homicide rates in the country. And then look at some of the areas without strict gun control and see how they don't compare.

I am not here to do your homework for you.

I'll end it on this one..

Quote:
Oh should I also point out the paradox of many of the the organization's members supporting gun control while the leadership weirdly and ironically bristles at it?

Really now? Interesting as I have yet to read about this myself. I don't expect all 5 million plus members to be on the same page with every issue. Mostly because Identity politics aren't my thing. Can you provide documentation on this? or is this another "The sky is green cause I said so.. " fact? It's like VOX up in here.. wait too soon?
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:
To answer some of your questions.. someone looking to do harm is going to gravitate to a gun free zone.. why? because there will be no push back. While using your logic if your ever in a situation with an active shooter and you can't find shelter.. you just roll over and die? really? Denying someone a chance to defend themselves because of false safety is really Stupid.
And timeout for sec in all seriousness I hope nobody here ever has to go through that, I just want to put that out there.

This is the sort of fatalism that Merida was referring to, this belief that we cannot prevent people from shooting up our schools, our places of worship, and other public spaces, and that we can only react to them - and, of course, buy more guns. Which works out well for the gun manufacturers, who are among the NRA's biggest donors.

Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:
It's easy to parrot what you see on TV, its not as easy to look further into an issue and see what is really happening. Take a look at sites like FBI.gov... look at violent crime rates and how they have been falling pretty steadily. Take a look at individual crime statistics and take note that areas with strict gun laws have some of the worst crime and homicide rates in the country. And then look at some of the areas without strict gun control and see how they don't compare.

Left unsaid is how people can go into areas with lax guns laws, purchase their guns, and bring them back into areas with stricter gun laws, especially those laws enacted at a locality level. Also that most other developed countries that have stricter gun laws (like Japan), also have a lower homicide rate (in the case of Japan, dramatically so) and significantly lower gun deaths (in the single digits some years for Japan, versus tens of thousands in the US every year). As for falling crime rates, you could make a similar correlation with increased immigration over that same period, but parsing out the factors behind the fall in the crime rate over the past few decades (and the factors contributing to crime rates in different areas) are I think beyond the scope of this thread, and as such I will not discuss it further.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:17 am Reply with quote
Enough already. There are plenty of other places on the web to discuss gun ownership.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2