• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Well, this week was all about finishing the final miasma swamp and less so about awkward romantic gestures. I do have to admit, I would have liked the undead dragon to have stuck around for a bit longer of a fight. It is such a menacing looking beast and the fight felt a tad too short for me, especially since he was probably the final big bad. With the final miasma swamp cleared the saint has one less job to do and thus it is time to think about what comes next.
ACxS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:26 am Reply with quote
9:

And we finally come back to where we began. The show finally came full circle!
Gisan Otaku

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:36 am Reply with quote
Wow, that was a quick battle and what happened to the quality of the visuals. Both were disappointing. I guess the anime committee decided they needed 3 episodes to finish this season off.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:23 pm Reply with quote
I just hope that those 3 final episodes will resolve things romance wise, you can only drag things out for so long.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Well, we had some romantic progress this week.....maybe?
Gisan Otaku

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:48 pm Reply with quote
I still feel that the action in the mine was rushed through too quickly. The web novel was a bit more suspenseful. I am glad that they at least had a little bit of Sei"s & Al's shopping trip, although they left out quite a bit that happened at the sausage shop. spoiler[Sei helped the sausage maker create two new flavors of sausages using different herbs and spices in each. Also, her cover was blown, but the couple running the shop agreed not to say anything about it.] It was also nice to see Sei finally start coming to terms with her emotions.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:04 pm Reply with quote
I still can't shake the feeling that making lilac perfume for him is her way of belling the cat.

*sniff sniff* Is that lilac? Eep, run away, run away!! Smile
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, the political games are now in full swing and I have to admit that they are not my favorite part of the show. Seems like it is time for Hawke to go for it and see how it ends for him, which fits the content for a final episode.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:56 pm Reply with quote
While I see what Yuri got out of it (to his surprise), I don't think I see what he thought he was going to get out of it going in. I'm pretty sure he's not interested in marrying Sei or even advancing his family's status, so why was he so eager for this outing? I didn't believe his "compare magical to non-magical performances" excuse for a minute.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:50 am Reply with quote
I think that he simply wants to spent time with Sei due to her different world knowledge and saintly abilities, he is that curious of a person. As for marrying, I believe he is not interested in it, yet if he absolutely has to then it would be with the only woman that makes him curious/teached him new things. He truly is a person committed to his interests.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:04 am Reply with quote
My theory is that Yuri will eventually marry Aria.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:24 pm Reply with quote
This might be blasphemous to say but honestly, Sei has far more interesting interactions with pretty much every dude in this anime that isn't Knight Charming. Hawke is so friggin' boring and those two have such a dry dynamic together. I get why those two are into each other but man those two are boring together even when Sei isn't acting like a teenager.

At least with Yuri, Sei can have a proper conversation with him. The conversations flow well. Hawke needs to find a proper personality hidden somewhere among his catalogue of cheesy pick-up lines.
Gisan Otaku

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Alan45, that's an interesting idea. There is a side story manga series about Aria called The Other Saint so maybe in that source material is your answer.

Last edited by Gisan Otaku on Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:41 am Reply with quote
That would actually make some sense to me. As for Hawke, he is one of those mcdreamy type characters, the perfect gentleman and more often than not that means void of many unique characteristics and thus the bland feeling.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:02 am Reply with quote
It is interesting that while the King and Prime Minister are discussing how much they owe to Sei, there is no discussion of what they owe Aria. She was ripped from home and family as much as Sei. It isn't her fault she is not The Saint. It was Sei's suggestion that she join the magus group. I wonder what would have happened to her if she had graduated the Academy with no plans for the future. Question
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9