• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Skeleton Knight in Another World

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Why wasn't the sandworm weak to fire? Do the collars also block elemental weaknesses?

I presumed it was due to the scale of the thing. Sure, they're weak to fire, but if that fire is barely noticeable to it in the first place, does it really care?

MFrontier wrote:
I feel bad for those prostitutes.

Right? So unnecessary.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:07 am Reply with quote
Sigh they light novels are so much better! Directors mean something no this anime got screwed!
Cryten

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:22 am Reply with quote
How so? I have not been watching to avoid the questionable scenes but it seems like people have liked the show who enjoy or dont mind them. Is this a preference for the original story telling or a dislike for what was done in the anime? Often anime can have quite a different feeling because of pacing and all the lacking of internal monolog.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Arc couldn't save her fellow sex workers, but at least she was able to save her from some thugs who got eaten in her stead.

Guess Ariane's feelings for Arc are less than platonic if she reacts that way to seeing him in the arms of another woman...good thing she didn't find out she was a hooker.

I wasn't expecting to see Chiyome and her ninja's again, but I'm glad they could be in the finale.

Angry arc is...surreal. Can't say I blame him though, Fumba is utter scum. I can't wait to see that smug smirk wiped completely off his face.

A hydra seems like the perfect final boss for this season. I hope Ariane doesn't sleep through the whole thing.
Nyren

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:00 pm Reply with quote
I very much appreciate the author's Spaceballs reference.
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Of course, it was done so that we could get this great fight, but really Arc had every opportunity to take out Fumba last week.

I wasn't expecting Arc to summon a giant monster to fight the hydra, but I guess that's just another great thing about this series lol

With Ifrit sitting there like a pet waiting for it's owner, I was expecting Arc to go up and give it some head pats or something lol

What a great series this turned out to be. I really hope we get a second season.
myfairx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:13 am Reply with quote
Another isekai I manage to sit and finish. I have a low tolerance for common isekai genre, even more for the one that employ lots game mechanics and jargon. I wish the world building could be more even and Arc not to pick sides so easily. I mean he did kill lots of monster without second thoughts lol.

Well overall not bad.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:34 pm Reply with quote
myfairx wrote:
Another isekai I manage to sit and finish. I have a low tolerance for common isekai genre, even more for the one that employ lots game mechanics and jargon. I wish the world building could be more even and Arc not to pick sides so easily. I mean he did kill lots of monster without second thoughts lol.

Well overall not bad.

Not sure what you want out of Arc. I guess he could have ignored the monsters, and let them kill everyone.

As to sides, it seemed like a natural progression from those he met first. Does any good person want to side with bandits, slavers, and those who hire or task them. And really would you want to leave your friends and comrades behind for months or years to fulfill some unnatural need to see if there are people even better than your friends.

Believe me there is plenty of world building, it just isn't in the anime, most likely due to time and money. Which is a shame. A lot has been cut out.

There is enough material in the light novels for another season. So I have my fingers crossed.
MaritLage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Seeing the Four of Us kill Tezzeret was like a breath of fresh air amidst so many infuriating endings this season .

Plus , Ark makes a really cute skeleton . Yu know i really do love hir .
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6