• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dr. Stone Stage Play Reveals Cast, Visual

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akemi Tachibana

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:45 am Reply with quote
Live action drama/romance anime tends to do great. Live action action/comedy always fall on it's face....this will fall flat on it's face.
Anne F

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 7:59 am Reply with quote
I'm excited for this! While I've never seen or read Dr. Stone, I'm a fan of Tsubasa so I'll watch this if it gets a livestream!

I highly disagree with the previous poster that action and comedies always flop. It sounds like they've never seen stage plays and are only making assumptions off of movies. There are many action stage plays that are successful. Touken Ranbu's musicals and stage shows for example has been very successful for over 5 years and their shows sell out consistently. I wouldn't call those a flop.

Mankai Stage A3! is a mixture of various genres since it's about acting and those have been very successful as well.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:30 am Reply with quote
Perfect-looking casting! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
#sukkar

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Akemi Tachibana wrote:
Live action drama/romance anime tends to do great. Live action action/comedy always fall on it's face....this will fall flat on it's face.

1) Kinda weird you're blanketly saying an entire country can't produce good action or comedy.

2) This is a stage play, the standards and goals are different from movies.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1