• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Story of Seasons Farming Life Franchise Gets 2 New Games

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 6:33 am Reply with quote
I hope these new games will turn out better than the disaster that was Pioneers of Olive Town. Man, I really wanted to like that game, but there were just so many things holding it back, even with the updates that came afterward.
PumpkinMouse

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 7:29 am Reply with quote
I'm not holding out hope for the multiplayer game, given how much Pioneers of Olive Town struggled, but I'm tentatively excited for the single-player game.
As someone who only got into farming sims when the first Story of Seasons came out, I miss how well SoS and ToT were done and wish they could replicate that for 3D. Rune Factory 5 and Harvestella sorta' filled that gap for me, but I missed the deeper farming mechanics of Story of Seasons compared to both.

Edited to add:
The fact that both Rune Factory and Story of Seasons announced new games at the same time concerns me. If I remember right, Pioneers of Olive Town and Rune Factory 5 both suffered because of split production.

Last edited by PumpkinMouse on Sat May 27, 2023 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 9:54 am Reply with quote
Yeah I'm super weary because of Olive Town, but I'm hoping if they take more from AWL remake it'll turn out much better.

An entire title dedicated to multiplayer is interesting, though I'm not sure if I'd be able to convince my friends to play it over Stardew since the latter is more popular to the general public. I also hope it has single player aspects since if not, it'll be useless to play after a few years.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 6:15 pm Reply with quote
I hope the new mainline entry and online entry turn out well!
moony_badger

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 1:51 am Reply with quote
Really looking forward to this one! The FoMT remake was pretty solid and while I don't think PoOT was a very successful final product, I do think it was important for them to try and experiment with their formula. Plus the AWL remake looks amazing, so my hopes are pretty high for this one.
ChimeyChime

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Olive Town was awful and RF5 was a soul-less lag-fest. none of these games have been able to come close to Stardew Valley's level of QoL features and polish STILL and are much more expensive to boot.

Yeah, nah I'll wait until it's actually out and had a few weeks to be reviewed before I decide if they are actually worth purchasing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1