• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) Foolish Angel Dances with the Devil (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:03 pm Reply with quote
It does indeed keep switching between cute romance and slightly dark magical action, the latter being on full display this week with the arrival of a very nice brother.
zfunk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:43 pm Reply with quote
At this rate I expect her to taking back to heaven, and for him to being left for dead, maybe boss lady will rescue him, and have to do some training. We only have two episodes left, I don't think we have time for that.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Well, you mentioned Bleach and a bleach thing would be for the mc to get a power up and save the day. So I guess that Akutsu will pull out the old bankai in a fit of rage or something?
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:26 pm Reply with quote
The Bleach influence was present this week too. It was no bankai like power up, but it was pretty similar to a hollow/vizard, this includes the loss of consciousness and the inner hollow taking over and sadistically wrecking shit.
zfunk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:48 pm Reply with quote
So my guess this episode was the finale for the action, and next week is back to the romance and comedy stuff that I think they want to do.

I am hoping next week is a beach episode to go out on.

Last edited by zfunk on Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:57 am Reply with quote
I am a little annoyed they did any redemption of the brother. They said he didn't hurt her physically, but pretty much everything about him was abusive, and makes her look like a victim that thinks she deserves it or something. Even the bad things they described about the demon form in taking glee in putting pain on the brother is mirrored by the fact that the brother was just doing the exact same thing, but probably worse because he was actually in control.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Thus ends the final episode, I would not call the show anything beyond decent due to the supernatural conflict and cute romance being a bit at odds with one another. Some of the episodes were also a tad boring. That said, I started off ready to drop after episode 1 and not liking it at all, so coming away with it being mostly a fun ride is not a bad result.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3