• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gedo Senki DVD Information Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ranmah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Romuska wrote:
Quote:
The regular edition will contain a disc of the film with English and Japanese dialog and subtitles...

What? Are they sure this is going to come with an English dubbed version? I thought they never produced an English version of this movie. If they did does anyone know what country did the dub because I know it wasn't done in America.

It will be English Subbed. There isn't an English Dub version, yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:18 am Reply with quote
Ranmah wrote:
Romuska wrote:
Quote:
The regular edition will contain a disc of the film with English and Japanese dialog and subtitles...

What? Are they sure this is going to come with an English dubbed version? I thought they never produced an English version of this movie. If they did does anyone know what country did the dub because I know it wasn't done in America.

There might very well be an English dub version already produced, and it might very well have been done in the U.S, just not nessecerally announced or made public. If the various listings indicate an English dub, it's safe to say there will be one, since this sort of information tends to be fairly accurate.

As mentioned in previous thread, Richard Epcar directed and dubbed Innocence for UK/AUS companies Manga UK. and Madman Entertainment. THat was done in American, but so far has yet to get an American release.

Blahblahblah
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Ranmah wrote:

If it isn't dubbed then the stores and nausicaa.net are all lying or misinformed

http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/newspro/latest_news.shtml#newsitemEEZVZpEluZWHuamxMu
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/grapes/-/archives/2007_04_06
http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-j/section-index/pid-1004716063/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:00 am Reply with quote
Past wrote:
My R2 of Howl's Moving Castle (imported from Japan) included both a dub and subtitles. I know all current R2 releases of Ghibli Movies at least include subtitles. But most (if only Howl's) do not have a dub. I'm pretty sure the voice over production of this was either done by or financed by Buena Vista studios, probably done in the US and the voice over track sent to Japan for final pressing of the release edition.
I will guess this is exactly what they did to get round Universal's license restriction in the US. But if that is the case it would be the first time a studio actively worked around it's own region coding agreement. This will mean when our UK licensee for all things Ghibli, Optimum Asia get this, it too will have the multi language dubs as well. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2