• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Arts Vision Chairman Arrested for Sexual Assault

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
animelov3r

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:18 pm Reply with quote
mokitty wrote:
animelov3r wrote:
I'm very confused by ths.. Isn't kind of apparent that it didn't involve her since the victim was 16. I mean she's not THAT young. Or is she just commenting on how THAT has NEVER happened to her.
^^;

I was confused a bit at first too but after reading everything through twice I'm pretty sure she's just saying that it never happened to her.

Oh okay because the way it was said was just kind of pointing of the obivious. Razz
Gauss

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:23 pm Reply with quote
mokitty wrote:
A lot of people are probably wondering exactly that, did she sleep her way to the top? Since she became the top star so quickly.

No, she didn't suddenly become the top star. Yui Horie has been around since 1998 and had 9 leading roles and many famous side roles before Artsvision decided to really push her in 2006. All things considered I doubt she would feel the need to sleep her way one pinnacle higher when she was already very successful. More likely Artsvision decided it needed a super seiyuu comparable to Megumi Hayashibara or Kikuko Inoue as a face outward and Horie was the best they had.
mokitty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:49 pm Reply with quote
I didn't say she became the top star suddenly, I said she did so quickly. Which, to my eyes, which are admittedly both untrained and fully removed from the Japanese industry, she did. I'm aware she had many roles, but as far as the volume and breadth of her work, there was a nice rest after Love Hina and Fruits Basket, and then she did seem to sort of reappear out of nowhere.

Again, I have very little doubt that her sudden push and success was based on her talent. Hayashibara Megumi, unless I'm mistaken, was also an ArtsVision talent at one point, and I have no doubt the company would want another success on that level. However, given these revelations about the chairman, I also have no doubt that there will be naysayers out there who will indiscriminately throw around rumors and speculation that the reason for her sudden emergence in leading role after leading role had nothing to do with that.

Simply stating that these people exist is not indicative of my own opinion nor my agreement with them, and I would have thought my follow-up comments that it was sad that such rumors could destroy her career and my entire second post clarifying the first would have made my opinion to the contrary rather clear.

Nonetheless, if you go back to my post just quoted by Gauss, you will see I have modified my wording to that effect.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:11 am Reply with quote
animelov3r wrote:
mokitty wrote:
animelov3r wrote:
I'm very confused by ths.. Isn't kind of apparent that it didn't involve her since the victim was 16. I mean she's not THAT young. Or is she just commenting on how THAT has NEVER happened to her.
^^;

I was confused a bit at first too but after reading everything through twice I'm pretty sure she's just saying that it never happened to her.

Oh okay because the way it was said was just kind of pointing of the obivious. Razz

The main issue is the vagueness of the original blog entry, in which she refers to "reported incidents" causing all her fans to worry, and then states those incidents or similar ones didn't happen [to her]. That's because after the allegations of the 16-year-old became public, reports (unfounded or not) began to spread about others in Arts Vision. She's indirectly acknowledging the reports aren't just about the 16-year-old anymore.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:34 am Reply with quote
On 2ch, rumors are flying that Yui Horie has already quit ArtsVision, based on this page of Seigura, a seiyuu magazine.

Quote:
堀江由衣 ほりえゆい
誕生日 : 9月20日
出身地 : 東京都
血液型 : B型
趣味・特技・資格 : 読書、肩たたき
所属 : フリー

I'm trying to confirm the validity of this rumor.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:58 am Reply with quote
The news of Hocchan leaving ArtsVision has been confirmed. Furthermore, two more seiyuu quit I'm Enterprise on June 30th: Rika Morinaga (Souseiseki, Rozen Maiden series) and Kumi Kawai. Announcements can be found at Rika's Blog and Kumi's Palette Blog, respectively.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4