• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tribulations

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Ha-ha, why not. This looks fun. Hello everyone! Smile

Name: Thee (Sounds like thump+bee for pronunciation)

Sex: False

Blood Type: O+

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: Italian, Dutch, Scottish, Ukrainian

Religion: Pantheist

Pets: A guinea-pig shaped thing

Drink/Smoke: Not telling. ;D

Dislikes: That Twilight Saga thingy, people who dump in trash cans that are already full

Favorite anime: Utawarerumono, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Utawarerumono, Birdy the Mighty: Decode, Utawarerumono, Simoun, and did I mention Utawarerumono?

Favorite Manga (Light novels): I don't really read that much manga, but I like the Uzumaki series.

Favorite Books: Haunted and Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk, The Call of the Wild, Wuthering Heights

Favorite game: I don't really play games, actually. Surprised

Favorite TV shows/Movies: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Yes, I am a brony.

Favorite Drink: Chocolate Milk

Non-Alcoholic Drink: I'm too young to drink where I live anyway. Anime hyper

Favorite Foods: Potatoes in any form. I also like Chinese, Middle Eastern, Ethiopian, Thai, Mexican, Italian, and Japanese food

Favorite Sites: ANN, DA, Facebook

Favorite Sport (to watch): Football

Favorite Sport (to play): Lacrosse, soccer, cross-country running, field hockey

Favorite Music: I'm bound to like certain songs from any genre, but I'm particularly fond of classical, metal, and techo <3

Job: I currently work at an insect zoo. I pretty much feed the animals, take them in every night, and answer patrons' questions. Yup.

Hobbies: Drawing, singing, writing, sports, SCIENCE!

Fun facts about Tribby:
Is sort of trigger-happy
Cannot even kill a mosquito despite being trigger-happy
Is scared of elevators
Has the weird ability to eat metal
Can sustain a singing note for over two minutes
Is terrible at multi-tasking
Possibly a space alien
Actually, probably is a space alien

Favorite Quotes:
"A compromise is the art of dividing a cake in such a way that everyone believes that he has got the biggest piece." -Ludwig Erhard

Pictures: NEVER EVER. EVAR!!!!!!!111one!
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:58 am Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
Sex: Male, I apologize to the several female seeking members here.

Damn you. You'd be the hottest girl I had ever met. If you ever opt for a sex change give me a call. Wink

Ya know, judging by your introduction I thought for sure you'd hate people like me. I'm an optimistic smoker who acts like an idiot very often. Laughing

tribulations wrote:
Sex: False

And here we have someone who'll die virgin.
joels344

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Name - Joel
Sex - Male
Location - Iserlohn Fortfress
Marital Status - Single and looking
Age - 24
Drink/Smoke - I like a glass of wine or liquor rarely and the same goes for cigars as well.
Likes - Physics, mathematics, space, friends, anime, sports, music, film, books, romance, and travel
Anime - Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Cowboy Bebop, Zeta Gundam, Princess Mononoke, Gurren Lagann, Maison Ikkoku, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Grave of the Fireflies, Death Note and many more
Music - The Velvet Underground, The Beach Boys, Charles Mingus, Belle and Sebastian, King Crimson, Robert Wyatt, Godspeed! You Black Emperor, Gabriel era Genesis, and so many more.
Sports - Cricket, Baseball, Formula 1, Boxing and Basketball
Religion - Atheist
IfAnyOneKnew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Name: Fangs

Sex: Female

Blood Type: AB positive

Marital Status: engaged

Ethnicity: Irish, hispainic, german,native american

Religion: Witchcraft

Pets: One cat named ruby one dog names rosie

Drink/Smoke: straight edge anti drug

Likes: Posting, meeting new friends, studying martial arts and the craft reading and writing.

Dislikes: stupidity

Favorite anime: Naruto Shippuden, Hell Girl, FairyTail, DeathNote

Favorite Manga (Light novels): deathnote

Favorite Books: my bedroom is a library bottom line

Favorite game: adventure quest worlds

Favorite TV shows/Movies: to many to name

Favorite Drink: coffee

Non-Alcoholic Drink: shirly temple.

Favorite Foods: Japanese and chinese food are my addictions along with rlly good pizza dumplings eggrolls, baked ziti, healthy stuff too

Favorite Sites: Facebook, DeviantArt

Favorite Sport (to watch): Soccer

Favorite Sport (to play):soccer

Favorite Music: Metal, death metal, hard rock,

Job: College student

Hobbies: poetry, writing, reading, hiking, teaching, martial arts, sword fighting.

Fun facts about Fangs:
Loves weaponry
Loves building homemade weapons
Loves martial arts,
Loves to cook,
Studying forensic science
Got the name fangs because i bite people lol

Favorite Quotes: to many
FeniceDragon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Name: Jerry

Sex: Male

Marital Status: In a relationship

Ethnicity: Italian/Sicilian

Religion: Roman Catholic

Pets: None

Drink/Smoke: Straight Edge

Likes: Wrestling, anime, manga, Harry Potter, drawing, MMOs, Japanese and Italian movies, iPhone, Star Wars, Star Trek, Big Bang Theory, Glee, How I Met Your Mother, Firefly, 10 Items or Less, Sweet Avenue

Dislikes: Ignorant/rude people, tea party, English voice actors

Favorite anime: Love Hina, Tenchi, Ranma 1/2, Bleach, FMA, GTO, Naruto, Maison Ikkoku, Ah My Goddess, Rec, Otaku No Video, Strawberry Eggs, Happy Lesson, Genshiken, Black Cat

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Love Hina, Maison Ikkoku, Ichigo 100%, Bleach, Naruto, Ah My Goddess, FMA, GTO, AI Love You, Aoi House, Kare Kano, Iron Wok Jan, Negima, Chobits, Genshiken, Tenchi

Favorite Books: Harry Potter (all), Star Wars: MediStar/Episode I, Shadows of the Empire, The Book of the Courtier, The Shape of Time, Chris Jericho: A Lion's Tale, I am Jackie Chan

Favorite game: Star Wars Galaxies, WoW Classic, FF Tactics, Crimson Gem Saga, FF VIII

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Harry Potter (all), Star Wars (all), Matrix (all), Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Glee, Firefly, Serenity, Godfather Parts I and II, Goodfellas, Ready to Rumble, Rear Window, Deep Red, Red Beard

Favorite Drink: Diet Pepsi

Favorite Foods: Anything done well. I have eaten, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Korean, Brasilian, Ecuadorian, Puerto Rican, Spanish, Thai, Moroccan, Indian, and I'm sure others I forget. As long as it tastes good I am happy.
Favorite places to eat by me: Thai Chef, Spanish Pavillion, Priya, Aki.
However I do love my Grandmother and Mother's cooking a lot. Also, love the vegan cupcake place by me, Sweet Avenue.

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Amazon (for all my Anime DVD/BluRay needs), mugglenet, Twitter, wrestlingforum

Favorite Sport (to watch): Wrestling, Soccer (Napoli and Red Bulls), UFC, Football (Giants), Baseball (Mets)

Favorite Sport (to play): Soccer

Favorite Music: Lotta metal and rock. Lacuna Coil, Trivium, Sonic Syndicate, From Autumn to Ashes, In Flames, Nightwish, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Thrice, Skillet, Atreyu. But also like Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, and Bobby Darin.

Job: PR Firm Manager and Retail Manager

Degree: BA Fine Arts, minor in Business

Hobbies: Besides normal otaku stuff? Old movies, talking everything the likes of Buster Keaton, Hitchcock, Kurosawa, anything and everything classic. Theres the Lafayette Theatre in Suffern, NY by me and also the Jersey City Lowes. Both show all classic movies and I love them for it.

Fun facts: LOVES going to wrestling shows, enjoys mugglecast and is sad its coming close to an end, has competed in top MMO PvP for years spanning numerous MMOs.

Favorite Quotes:

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"

"Causality. There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the why. Why is what separates us from them, you from me. Why is the only real social power, without it you are powerless. And this is how you come to me, without why, without power"

Wow... this took a while. I should have taken out some stuff.
TheBigSpeigs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:44 am Reply with quote
name: Adam

sex: male

religion: Christian

favorite anime: Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Madoka Magicka, Perfect Blue, The Gundam Movie Trilogy

favorite manga: Slam Dunk, Monster

favorite game: Mass Effect 2, basically any first party Nintendo game, Final Fantasy 4

fun fact: I am in fact THE Adam Very Happy you heard it here first folks!

annnddd that's me!
braskez

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Alright fine ill post too :l

Name: Joey

Marital Status: Single for now

Ethnicity: Italian, Dutch, Scottish, Ukrainian

Pets: My dog Very Happy

Drink/Smoke: Social Drinking, smoke on occasion

Dislikes: People who dislike anime.

Favorite anime: High School of the Dead, Steins;Gate, Naruto Shippuden, Full Metal Panic! and Full Metal Panic! Second Raid, Bleach

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Rosario + Vampire I guess

Favorite game: Final fantasy XIII

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Children of men (movie) and uhh for show i guess would be the office.

Favorite Drink: Coka-Cola

Favorite Foods: The Majority of types of junk food

Favorite Sites: ANN, Youtube, Facebook

Favorite Sport (to watch): Football

Favorite Sport (to play): Soccer

Favorite Music: All types, but my favorite band would probably be the Beatles (I know.. not very original)

Job: I work at an Ice Cream shop called Scoops!

Hobbies: Drawing, writing

Fun facts bout Joey:
Derp... Idk..
I guess one would be that Im the youngest of 8 xD

Favorite Quotes:
Don't worry, half the people you know are below average. - Fortune Cookie

Pictures:
http://tinypic.com/r/29eg0o8/7
http://tinypic.com/r/dvmy6r/7

Nice to meet everyone! Very Happy

edit: Added pictures, took off last name[/b]

Last edited by braskez on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:53 am; edited 2 times in total
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:56 pm Reply with quote
FeniceDragon wrote:

TheBigSpeigs wrote:
sex: male

braskez wrote:

Welcome, welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay. Here, have some tea.
Imalmostgone

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Name: Ty
Religion: Agnostic
Drink/Smoke: Social drinking and smoking is not just allowed, it is encouraged.
Likes: Music, William Shakespeare, good shoujo, sci-fi, horror, anything done well pretty much. Cooking, eating, baseball, dogs, cats, and the beach at night.
Dislikes: Bad shounen, top 40 country music, and western Network Television.

Favorite Anime: Makoto Shinkai, Evangelion, Haruhi Suzumiya, FLCL, Clannad, Maria Watches Over Us, Mind Game, Guardian of the Sacred Spirit, Katanagatari, Highschool of the Dead, FMP, Kimi ni Todoke, Nadesico, Robotech, GITS, Azumanga Daioh, Ef, Kannon, Kara no Kyoukai, Gurren Lagann, Love Hina, Higurashi, K-On, Cross Game, & the list goes on.

Music: Regina Spektor, Bassnectar, Atmosphere, AUSTRA, Little Dragon, The Civil Wars, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Cat Power, Aesop Rock, Hail Mary Mallon, Between the Burried & Me, Teagan & Sarah, The White Stripes, Crystal Castles, Vitalic, Buck 65, Camera Obscura, Janelle Monáe, Kno, capsule, Neko Case, Pretty Lights, Blue Sky Black Death, Lucinda Williams, The Sword, Kyuss, Robyn, Death From Above 1979, The Knife, Bjork, Mastodon, & CunninLynguists to name just a few Razz

Film: Anything by the Coen Bros., Wes Anderson, or David Lynch. Mystic River, The Graduate, Taxi Driver, Scarface, Ghostworld, American Beauty, Juno, The Virgin Suicides, Jaws, Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind, The Road to Wellville, The Burbs, The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, & Hard Boiled.

Favorite Sites: ANN, AniDB, LastFM http://www.last.fm/user/OCD4CDz, IMDB, Metacritic, undergroundhiphop.com, OaklandAthletics.com.

Favorite Quote: "I am but mad north-north-west: when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw." Hamlet--William Shakespeare.

Fun Facts
I have used ANN for many years, at least since '05 I think, lurking about, but I just registered this last year.
In the summer when it's hot here in CA. I wear tank tops almost everyday.
I don't care much for heights but I love rollercoasters.
I don't smoke pot, but I like the smell.
I've been to the zoo on LSD.
baniko45

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:53 am Reply with quote
I'm new here:) and I need some advice:) I want to know more about anime but first I think that I would like to start from the Japanese culture in general. So do you know if there is already a thread on this forum or nor? And if not can I just start it in ANIME section? Cause it would be lovely to find people who know more that me and can exchange some opinions and recommendations:)

Hope I'll be hearing from you soon:)
4750G

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:52 am Reply with quote
Newbie here. Please take care of me!

Name: Althea

Sex: Female

Blood Type: O

Marital Status: Single

Likes: Reading books, watching anything (except horror and gore), eating and sleeping

Dislikes: Stupidity, not having enough money

Favorite anime: I'm very picky so I have yet to watch an anime I won't like.

Favorite Manga: Nothing in particular, but a sucker for shojou manga.

Favorite Books: I (try to) collect them, I can't choose.

Favorite game: Something tycoon something. Or poker.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Harry Potter?

Job: Student.

Hobbies: Origami?
FauxShaux

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:05 am Reply with quote
Sup folks, I'll cut to the chase here, the reason I registered for the forum is to have a question answered about Lucky Star. But considering this is an introductions page, I'll go ahead and provide you all with something to chew on.

So Lucky Star is the first and only anime I've ever watched. And I absolutely love it. I really mean that, I love that show. The art style, the lack of plot...everything. I love it. I think you get it.

Anyways, at one point while I was still innocently progressing through the series at a rapid pace, I figured out there were 24 episodes. I've dodged several bouts of depression since that realization. I'm still here. But it's really dogging me. I can't believe that such a great show was only given one season like that. (I know about the OVA. Whenever I finish the TV episodes I'll go ahead and check that out.)

Well, then I found this. And oh my did it get me excited.

So here it is: does anyone know anything about this? Has anyone read the February 2011 issue of "Comptiq?" Really guys, if anyone knows anything I'd love to know, I really would.

Thanks in advance.
candolf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I go by Candolf.

My favourite anime's are Naruto and Rurouni Kenshin.

I've been watching anime since my days of highschool and have used this site for years. Only recently have i started getting involved in forums and the like.

Pleased to make you acquaintances!
Speedy Cerviche

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Um, yeah, I forgot this place existied.
Sorry Embarassed

Name: Noah

Age: 10 (Young, I know, but I stilll apriciatte everything this place has to offer, and love Anime and Manga

Pets: My dog Ramsey Smile

Dislikes: Rude People

Favorite Anime: Samurai Pizza Cats, Cardcaptor Sakura

Favorite Manga: Samurai Pizza Cats, Cardcaptor Sakura

Favorite Games: Tetris, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Portal 2, Killer Instinct 2

Favorite TV Shows\Movies: Hoodwinked

Favorite Drink: Lemonade

Favorite Foods: Anything done well really

Favorite Sites: ANN, Youtube, Edoropolis Emporium

Favorite Music: J-music, 8-bit, 16-bit, Crush 40

Hobbies: Playing games, Playing with my Brother, alot of stuff really
NeumanProductions

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:30 pm Reply with quote
I could tell you more than you wanted to know, and i'll probably will.

Name: Tyler Neuman

Religious View: Christian

Favorite Anime: I could go on forever involving this topic so I will try not to but here is just a short list. Needless, Shuffle!, Lucky Star, Zero no Tsukaima, Kissxsis, Ladies vs. Butlers, Ro-Kyu-Bu!, Inukaime!, Pani Poni Dash, Poni Poni Poemy, To Love-ru series, He is my master, My sister can't be this cute, Rosario+Vampire, Dance in the Vampire Bund, Lupin III, S-cry-ed, many Gundam series, Sgt. Frog, Bludgeoing Angel Dokuro-chan, Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2, Outlaw Star, Tenchi Muyo franchise, Full Metal Panic/Alchemist, Strike Witches, Soul Eater, Big O, Bleach, and I could go on and on...

Dislikes: Nothing much at all if you could imagine; however I hate it when someone talks about a friend of mine that they don't even know in a very poor way such as saying I hate them or worse. Believe me, i've gotten mad at time like that.

Likes: While I am a Biology Majo,r I actually prefer the concept of entertainment being either acting/directing/writing the most. And you know what, I'm ticked off at how hard it is to get a job in the anime industry with the degrees i'm obtaining deprite me completing a 4 year program in 2.5 years.

Future Expectations: To be a VA in the industry or some other way of expressing my creativity as I am very creative in many senses of the word. A Jack-of-all-Trades in the creativity field whether it be conceptual for entertainment purpose of in a scientific purpose.
SOMEONE HIRE ME!! Laughing

But anyways, i'm a go lucky guy with a huge strength in my emotions and a down right attitude that is positive in all cases.

My Quote to live by:
We never exist as the same person twice, every moment is a different being never content on where he stands, never the same, always changing, little by little, never faulting. As we evolve beyond the person we were a minute before, we do not cease, yield, or faulter. We rise beyond those we once were to become something greater that in turn will rise again. -Tyler Neuman
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 131 of 233