• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ghost in the Shell's Kamiyama Announces 009 Recyborg Anime Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:26 pm Reply with quote
The CGI is completely off putting..I'll pass.
BlaqNumbr9

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Its onlyva matter of time, before we get GitS: 3rd Whatever. Let's be patient and support Kamiyama-san's other projects.

Its our spent money, more than our suggestions and complaining, that gets stuff done.

MangaNEXT Con Chair. Smile
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:29 pm Reply with quote
009 was a favorite of mine on the Cartoon Network the redesign of the characters threw me a little but but the black character was a improvement over his portrayal in the anime series I watch I looking forward to the movie. Very Happy
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Oh god. The CGI is just bloody awful.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually quite excited to see this movie when it's released. I don't think Kamiyama and Production I.G. will disappoint. Top notch names are involved, including Kenji Kawai (I'm liking the music) and I had no problems accepting the animation style, nor the character designs (which is what I had issues with when the last anime series was done). I'll be keeping this title on my radar for sure.

I wasn't surprised that the announced project wasn't GITS SAC related. Personally, I don't think we're going to seen any new works based on SAC until an anniversary comes up, possibly the 10th.
bravetailor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one here who initially read "009 Recycled Anime Film"?

Stop with the remakes already? Laughing
redranger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm Reply with quote
This can't be any worse than eden of the east!!

DanDood666 wrote:
This makes me a sad panda Sad I was really hoping for GitS:3rd Gig. its been 7 years since the last series, its about time for more Major action! (Pun totally intended)

HAHAHA

Last edited by redranger on Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Shenl742

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Don't know what's wrong with the rest of you, I think that looked pretty cool! Think I'll keep an eye out for this
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:48 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Oh god. The CGI is just bloody awful.

I concur. I like the designs and this might be good on its other merits, so I'll keep some guarded optimism on those grounds, but the animation looks pretty dire. It seems unnatural, stiff and dated. Perhaps like something from a video game of some years past.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Ovan~the~Rebirth wrote:
Yeah I was hoping for 2D animated film.... I'm sorry but Japan still isn't there yet with making good 3D animated films yet. There close, I liked some of the animation sequences in the trailer, but still no where near as smooth as it needs to be.

Well, at least they're trying. That's the only way they'd keep improving to good CGI and catch up: try and try again.
E-Master

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:30 am Reply with quote
If it's done by someone from the GitS staff, then I don't see anything to worry about, since I'm a big fan on GiTS as well as Cyborg 009. I actually found the trailer to be cool, specially when the characters have been remodeled but still wear their trademark uniforms.

Can't judge this movie until it's avalible to watch, it be very cool if this movie was licensed outside of Japan, except Cyborg 009 has a poor reputation in the American market, no thanks to Sony for giving the 2001 TV series a bargin DVD.
sepherest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:01 am Reply with quote
This movie's probably not going to come out for a while, so I look forward to seeing how they work on the animation. It looked kind of like a videogame cutscene from the trailer but it'll probably be improved a bit later on.

And of course they wouldn't show Jet flying until the end Laughing
Pretty excited though, this reminds me of Urasawa's Pluto manga. I want to watch it.
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:05 am Reply with quote
The cel shading looks good and specific actions scenes were also great, taking advantage of more dynamic cinematography 3D offers. But the more mundane movements and non-high-action animation needs work. Hopefully the final result will be better
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:05 am Reply with quote
I came across something interesting:
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/alphaville/20111001/p3

I can't read Japanese that well, but are they also going to make an OVA based on the Moses arc of the Cyborg 009 manga?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2