• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: New Working/Wagnaria Project in Development

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nhat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:36 am Reply with quote
Is this show really that popular and that on going? Normally I don't see these type of genres going multiple seasons...
Nayu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:43 am Reply with quote
nhat wrote:
Is this show really that popular and that on going? Normally I don't see these type of genres going multiple seasons...

What genre would that be? This is a sitcom and those tend to go on for ages. Its basically a Japanese Cheers or Alice or What's Happening?

I wouldn't expect it to end any time soon now that it seems to be rolling.
thaivuN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:19 am Reply with quote
Maybe yamada will finally get her Yamaking series Laughing
Big Hed

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:37 am Reply with quote
Could it possibly be a third season? I mean with TWGOK and Bakuman getting pre-slated for S2s... Hell, I'd be on board!

thaivuN wrote:
Maybe yamada will finally get her Yamaking series Laughing

I'd take an Inami spinoff.
Cloud668

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:22 pm Reply with quote
They better adapt the web manga this time after that thing they pulled back during April's Fool.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:20 pm Reply with quote
If it continues with Inami's idiotic phobia of men, they can keep it.

My tolerance of this annoyance has come to an end.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:39 pm Reply with quote
YESYESYES! Aoi's story is just getting interesting in the manga! Also... Yachiyo and Satou! Kya!
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:05 pm Reply with quote
I think it will be an OVA. I can't imagine it's a 3rd season being greenlit unless the ratings for the current season are insanely through the roof to a near incomprehensible level.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:13 pm Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:

This is what caused me to drop the first season about 5-6 episodes in. I liked (or at least tolerated) all the characters except for Inami... and of course, Inami and her running 'gag' gets a large chunk of the screentime. My favorite characters were the waitress with a sword, the manipulative cook, and the lazy manager. Lazy manager reminded me a lot of Fee from Planetes, and I really wish both characters got more spotlight in their respective shows.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
PetrifiedJello wrote:

This is what caused me to drop the first season about 5-6 episodes in. I liked (or at least tolerated) all the characters except for Inami... and of course, Inami and her running 'gag' gets a large chunk of the screentime. My favorite characters were the waitress with a sword, the manipulative cook, and the lazy manager. Lazy manager reminded me a lot of Fee from Planetes, and I really wish both characters got more spotlight in their respective shows.

I'd have to agree with you, the first season was boring because of how much of it was focused on Inami and her fear of men. I hate girls who have a fear of guys in general but making it the "focus" of the first season wasn't a good thing for me, I had times where I started to fall asleep watching it, and times where I just wanted to drop it and don't watch it... My favorite characters were Yachiyo ( waitress with the sword ), Satou, Souma and the Takanashi sisters, they spiced the show up and made it so interesting.

I'm glad that the second season is doing so well in terms of Enjoyment for me.

I hope this is a third season and/or maybe a spin-off series. I would like a movie but I don't know what would be plot-worthy to make one.
Katsukasu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Cloud668 wrote:
They better adapt the web manga this time after that thing they pulled back during April's Fool.

Word. Some St. Valentine action with Higashida and Miyakoshi would be pretty nice.

I can't see a real third season yet though, except if they announce it to air like 2014 or something. Simply because there's not enough material yet. I wouldn't want them to make stuff up.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:19 am Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:
nhat wrote:

What genre would that be? This is a sitcom and those tend to go on for ages. Its basically a Japanese Cheers or Alice or What's Happening?

Japanese aren't into sitcoms. More into doramas and "talent" shows. Laughing
aereus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:33 am Reply with quote
First season sold 30k, which is very very good. Even if they only sold half that this time around, it would still be worthwhile to adapt another season.

The only issue much like the first, is that they will have expended basically all of the manga material. So you would have to wait like 2 years.

I could see an OVA of the web comic happening, though.
Nayu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:52 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Nayu wrote:
nhat wrote:

Japanese aren't into sitcoms. More into doramas and "talent" shows. Laughing

*idly looks at his dvd collection* The evidence weighs heavily against you. The vast majority of high school comedy anime is sitcom. Even a lot of moe shows are sitcom. For example, in Seitokei Yakuindomo, the situation is a boy on a disfunctional student council. Or The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, the situation is the story of a boy who is trolled into a club with a very unique leader.

And, since you brought up dorama, Attention Please! and Good Luck!! are both sitcoms about pilots and stewardresses. Shomuni is OL(office lady) hijinks. My Boss My Hero is the story of a mafia boss who gets sent back to high school. These are ALL sitcoms.

A hell of a lot of Japanese entertainment is sitcom.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1