• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
where do i buy anime soundtracks? =S

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
~geNki~

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:08 am Reply with quote
er...where would buy the soundtracks to any anime series? i seriously have no idea! i guess i could download it...but ma comp is so slow.
Dilandau

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 6:05 am Reply with quote
Big online stores like Rightstuf and Animenation carry a wide selection of legal domestic CD's (check the individual production company catalogs as well - - Geneon, Bandai, etc). If you want Imports, you need to goto yesasia or cdjapan (otherwise you may end up with bootlegs).
Ataru

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:07 am Reply with quote
Amozan.com has a pretty "decent" selection of imported OSTs. Confused The best advice is to ask around to the verious anime outlets to see what they have and if it's legit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Dilandau

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:13 am Reply with quote
Personally, I don't recommend asking if their merchandise is legal or not....lmao! Wink
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:34 am Reply with quote
Dilandau wrote:
Personally, I don't recommend asking if their merchandise is legal or not....lmao!

Why not? I'd sure want to know.
Sword of Whedon

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 11:17 am Reply with quote
It's a waste of time to ask them if it's legit. Because a- most of them don't know or care. b- most will say yes even if they know it isn't

Learn to spot your bootlegs
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 12:09 pm Reply with quote
It still doesn't hurt to check... after all, if you need to register a complaint against a seller, it never hurts to have more "ammunition" against them. At the worst, you can report them for giving you misinformation if you wind up with a bootleg item. Unfortunately, with online sellers, you can't always "see" the item in its completeness to determine if it's a bootleg or not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Blood_rein

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 12:57 pm Reply with quote
~geNki~ wrote:
er...where would buy the soundtracks to any anime series? i seriously have no idea! i guess i could download it...but ma comp is so slow.

Suncoast or best buy is the best places.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Blood_rein wrote:
~geNki~ wrote:

Suncoast or best buy is the best places.

Best Buy? Only if you're really lucky. Imported OST's isn't exactly a specialization of them. Never seen a OST there, but then again, they usually have a quite decent Anime DVD shelf. =P.

Suncoast is a good try if you're looking at physical places. otherwise, try a local anime shop, or cdjapan.co.jp , or perhaps Amazon.com. But for Amazon, you'll need to navagate the japanese portion through some good guess work. =P
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:27 pm Reply with quote
I went into a Sam Goody once and saw a pretty big selection of anime soundtracks. It's probably the biggest I've seen in any domestic store to this day.

Best Buy is no good for this sort of thing, at least not the one around here. Rolling Eyes
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Sword of Whedon wrote:
It's a waste of time to ask them if it's legit. Because a- most of them don't know or care. b- most will say yes even if they know it isn't

Learn to spot your bootlegs

Depends. One of my local anime stores carries both boots and legits. Obviously, they'd rather have me buy the legit at $35 than the boot at $15. And I think you underestimate the retailer; most of them are quite knowledgeable about the market.

In the end of things, however, short of ordering from CDJapan or hitting up a friend who is in Japan now, I've found conventions, in particular the Digital Discs booth, to be by far the best source for anime/game soundtrack CD's.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1