• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu-Gi-Oh! and Shaman King Unedited Details

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:15 am Reply with quote
Quote:
He was also Gourry Gabriev on the Slayers dub. As of yesterday I now own all of Season 1 of Slayers(Dub) on VHS.

which is the only voice I liked him as.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:49 pm Reply with quote
LuckyAstei wrote:
Quote:
He was also Gourry Gabriev on the Slayers dub. As of yesterday I now own all of Season 1 of Slayers(Dub) on VHS.

which is the only voice I liked him as.

Agreed. The voice suits Gourry, but not the others, like Brock.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:33 pm Reply with quote
I disagree, his voice for Brock is perfect (even if it is the same voice) and his voice for James is flawless, it sounds absolutely nothing like his other voices and at the same time sounds natural and not stressed.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
I disagree, his voice for Brock is perfect (even if it is the same voice) and his voice for James is flawless, it sounds absolutely nothing like his other voices and at the same time sounds natural and not stressed.

Emerje

Personally I liked the first dub voice of James which sounded closer to Yuji Ueda's preformance of the Japanese equlivant.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Stormkoopa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:54 am Reply with quote
He is Pegasus also, which is funny because I was able to tell Pegasus and James were the same voice and Seto and Brock were the same but I never would have guessed they were all the same guy.
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Stormkoopa wrote:
He is Pegasus also, which is funny because I was able to tell Pegasus and James were the same voice and Seto and Brock were the same but I never would have guessed they were all the same guy.

Surprised Shocked He's also Maximillian(SP?) Pegasus?? That I did not know, the voice is so different, than the one he used on Slayers and Pokemon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Stormkoopa wrote:

Uh, no. How about we look at this and then make claims?
Shorty22

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Genbu no Miko wrote:
LordByronius wrote:
I had to do a write-up of this story for Anime Insider. And even though I told the PR guy to send any pictures or things to the editor, he gave 'em to me anyway.

BEHOLD! CLEAVAGE! (SFW)

Gosh, those 4Kids people are good on editing. O_o There are times when I find it hard to believe I miss what they edited. I really should find out what I'm missing when they cut. Embarassed

I agree, they are good with editing. Those harpies scare me now. Shocked Uh... would this be a bad place to say that I prefer the second picture? Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop Well, that aside, I'm still glad they're trying an uncut/unedited version of Yugioh/Shaman King. I'd wait for the box set, but since it's a test of sorts, I suppose I'll be picking up the individual volumes to support them instead. Wink
Tomoyo714

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Its going to be the inhouse 4Kids people redoing the dub... when I last spoke to Mike Sinterniklaas.... he was telling me about how he is currently enjoying redubbing the part of Trey Racer for Shaman King (whom he loves to play because he finds bathroom humor very amusing! Razz )

Dan Green does the part of Yugi/ Yami on Yu Gi Oh.

The guy that does Pegasus is Darren Dunstan who also does Splinter on Ninja Turtles.

Yes I like 4Kids voice actors.... so sue me!

*laughs*

Razz
R.G.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:36 am Reply with quote
If you ask me.the uncut dvds are a waste of time.We've seen the story,so why bother with the uncut if you didn't like the show in the first place?
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:49 am Reply with quote
R.G. wrote:
If you ask me.the uncut dvds are a waste of time.We've seen the story,so why bother with the uncut if you didn't like the show in the first place?

Because those of us who DID like the show the first time would like more reasons to do so.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:51 am Reply with quote
R.G. wrote:

Because people are morons and think that 4Kids is the root of all evil. (How quickly we forget how FUNimation used to be.)

You all should know that 25.8Kids is the root of all evil.

The sound you have just heard is this joke going over all of your heads.
Animefan16

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:56 pm Reply with quote
There might be some controversy about uncut Yu-gi-oh because it's still very popular with kids. Parents might mistakenly buy the new dvds and complain. This might be a problem.....But then again, controversy has always helped sell.
arxane

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Animefan16 wrote:
There might be some controversy about uncut Yu-gi-oh because it's still very popular with kids. Parents might mistakenly buy the new dvds and complain. This might be a problem.....But then again, controversy has always helped sell.

Not with banners on the covers specifically stating that they're uncut (which there are).
space clam

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:

You all should know that 25.8Kids is the root of all evil.

The sound you have just heard is this joke going over all of your heads.

That's funny, I didn't hear anything... hearing must be going bad...

I'm just hoping that this will silence everyone who was screaming and crying for uncut Yu-Gi-Oh!... I think I'll check it out myself, just to see all of this blood\gore\sex\language that I've been told (repeatedly) exists (gratuitously) in the uncut. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4