• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Someday's Dreamers Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:50 pm Reply with quote
ArthurFrDent wrote:
serious? that's an older title that I figured had long run it's course... guess it'd be dirt cheap, but can't imagine why they are relicensing it...

ETA... it's an old geneon, that you can still pick up for $12 all told at Amazon.

Cheap dub for The Anime Network Video on Demand channel?

Below:
Daimao Raki wrote:
Must have come as a package deal.

And this is a possibility, of course.

Last edited by agila61 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Must have come as a package deal.
rizuchan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Darn, I was hoping this would be Natsu no Sora. Sad

Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto was one of my favorite anime when it came out but I didn't think it had much of an appeal to anyone else. I seem to remember the ANN reviewer saying it put them to sleep. Laughing

I take it the licence for this one was super cheap...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:47 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
It's always nice to see an old series re-licensed! Smile

I agree, this is one of those shows I got for dirt cheap from TRSI. (like the price mentioned above.) It's a nice low key show that was quite enjoyable. Hopefully it works out for Sentai.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:54 pm Reply with quote
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
The world of anime is simply boring recently..nothing out that even sparks my interest outside of the new fullmetal alchemist movie.

I hate it when I get in slumps like that. Hopefully something will spark your interest again soon.
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:05 pm Reply with quote
This is awesome news! Someday's Dreamers has been a favorite show of mine for several years, and I'd be excited to see what kind of DVD set they're going to put out for it.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Good to see this back in print (although I got Geneon's set in a TRSI sale years ago), pity there's no news about Natsu no Sora.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
TG72

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:06 pm Reply with quote
I liked this story's premise of having the magic users as recognized and employed by the government...nice to see a different approach.

My only complaints were 1. How Yume over-apologizes in the second episode and 2. The horrible Southern accent Yume's mother uses in the dub Anime dazed If you can get past those things, it's a decent story.

Hey Sentai, while you're at it maybe you can add Kamichu
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:21 am Reply with quote
A nice little show, but it seemed like pretty much no one cared about it when it first got released, and I can't see that situation having improved over time. I remember buying the Vol.1+Box new on Amazon for less than it cost to ship it, and this was back in 2005 or 2006. I'm surprised Sentai went for this when there's still some of the more "bankable" fanservice shows left in Geneon's catalog. Like DearS, Hanaukyo Maids, Hand Maid May, and I My Me Strawberry Eggs.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:23 pm Reply with quote
There was actually a thread on Anime Network asking what shows posters thought Sentai should pick up. Someday's Dreamers was one of the license rescues that was brought up by a few people, including myself. Don't forget that in addition to DVD sales, they also need to provide new content for their closely aligned but legally separate VOD channel and streaming services. Wink

That's not to say that they aren't looking at other things like Strawberry Eggs. They may even have some of those shows. This just may be the first one getting announced. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more Geneon license rescues, especially since things seem to be finally straightened out regarding Geneon Universal.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2