• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Lia's Vocaloid Voice Sings Lia's Air Theme 'Tori no Uta'

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostShell

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:12 am Reply with quote
I thought it wasn't bad. Certainly the voice sounded more "mature" than some of the other vocaloids I've heard.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:49 am Reply with quote
GhostShell wrote:
I thought it wasn't bad. Certainly the voice sounded more "mature" than some of the other vocaloids I've heard.
'tis what I thought too. At least at Crypton they matched the character with the voice. Yamaha is just taking the piss. Wink
Kalessin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:34 am Reply with quote
So, they created a synthesized version of Lia's voice and then used the synthesized version to sing one of her songs? I suppose that that's kind of cool from a technological perspective, but it seems rather pointless to me. It's not like they're going to top what Lia herself did. A real singer would have a hard time doing that. Tori no Uta's a fantastic song and Lia did a fantastic job with it.

I haven't heard much in the way of vocaloid stuff before, so I don't know how good this is compared to others, but it definitely sounds electronic in parts, which definitely degrades its quality, and I'm so used to hearing the original that any part that sounds different sounds wrong. It is close enough though that it tends to sound like a slightly messed up version of the original rather than a re-recording by someone else (if you can call it a recording when a vocaloid does it). I don't know why anyone would pay for this though when you can get the original. If it were new music, that would be one thing, but this is just recreating existing stuff at a lower level of quality.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:16 pm Reply with quote
I didn't know this vocaloid was Lia's! I actually heard the preview a while ago and was very impressed. My favorite vocaloid voice to date.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2