Manga Artist Inio Asano Draws Cover for Asian Kung-Fu Generation Tribute Album
posted on by Lynzee Loveridge
It's hard to believe it's been 20 years since the punk-rock band Asian Kung-Fu Generation got together, but multiple albums and awards later and the foursome are still going strong. The group has performed theme songs for hit shōnen anime like Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Bleach and recently provided the theme song "Re:Re:" for last year's mystery crime series ERASED.
Manga artist Inio Asano (Goodnight Punpun, Solanin) and multiple musical artists are contributing to the AKG TRIBUTE album celebrating the band's 20th anniversary. The CD is slated for release on March 29 and includes 13 tracks.
- Solanin / yonige
- Mirai no Kakera / 04 Limited Sazabys
- Re:Re: / Jin
- Natsu no Gi, Zanzō / amazarashi
- Rewrite / Creepy Nuts (R-Shitei& DJ Matsunaga)
- Maigo iInu to Ame no Beat/ Scenario Art
- Blackout / LILI LIMIT
- N.G.S / Yoru no Honki Dance
- Understand/ BLUE ENCOUNT
- Mustang/Regal Lily
- Kimi no Machi made / never young beach
- Kakato de Ai o Uchi Narase / the chef cooks me
- Kimi to iu Hana/ KANA-BOON
Asano and Asian Kung-Fu Generation go back to 2009 when the band performed the theme song for the the live-action adaptation of Asano's Solanin manga. The band is performing "Kōya o Aruke" for director Masaaki Yuasa's Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome anime film this year.
Source: Comic Natalie