Sydney Manga and Anime Show on this Saturday
posted on by Jon Hayward
Sakura Tange is most famously known for her role as Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura), Opening theme and Maico in Android Announcer Maico 2010, Lilica Ebett (Burn Up W / Burn Up Excess) and Rinko Kobayakawa in DS game Loveplus. Sakura is also a prolific singer having not only released music under a variety of names (Little Seraph, Angelic Alice, A N G E L and さくら/SAKURA) but also a variety of insert performances in titles including Card Captor Sakura and The World God Only Knows. Sakura Tange's panel will start at 10:00am on the Main Stage and signings will be from 1:00pm to 1:30pm and 3:30pm to 4:00pm in the signings and activities room.
Yūko Miyamura is no stranger to SMASH having attended the convention back in 2010 with Tiffany Grant. Yuko is most famously known for her role as Asuka Langley Sohryu in Neon Genesis Evangelion along side roles including Kazuha Toyama (Detective Conan), Casca (Beserk) and Aisha Clanclan (Outlaw Star). She has also starred as Chun-Li and Rose in various Street Fighter games and Larxene in the Kingdom Hearts series. We interviewed Yuko back in 2010 and you can read the interview here. Yūko Miyamura's Voice Acting Workshop will be conducted on the main stage from 11:00am and signings will be from 1:00pm to 1:00pm in the signings and activities room.
Shin-ichiro Miki is quite a prolific voice actor, having voiced over 340 roles in various anime including Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood), Kisuke Urahara (Bleach), Kojiro (James from Pokémon) and Lockon Stratos (Mobile Suit Gundam 00). Shin-ichiro Miki's panel will start at 11:00am on the Main Stage and signings will be from 2:00pm to 4:00pm in the signings and activities room.
SMASH has a interesting set of events all packed into one day, so here are a few of our highlights.
- All day - HobbyCo Gundam Workshop and Gunpla Builders World Cup: Attend the workshop to build a free Gundam and check out this year's entrants to the Gunpla Builders World Cup. In the HobbyCo Room.
- 12pm - Japan Talks: Two short panels, one presented by The Japan Foundation looking at learning japanese and the other from the Japanese Consular General to Sydney discussing the role of Japanese sub-culture and how it effects both Japan and the world. Panels and Workshop Room.
- 1pm - Madman Industry Panel: Previews and announcements of upcoming releases and more details about Reel Anime 2012. Panels and Workshop Room.
- 3pm - Hanabee Industry Panel: Hanabee will be formally announcing their first two anime acquisitions.
- 10:30am - The Secret World of Arrietty [G] screening: Studio Ghibli's retelling of the Borrowers following really tiny girl, Arrietty as she befriends a human boy and sets events in motion that changes her familiy's life forever. Madman Screening Room.
- 2:00pm - Madman Cosplay Competition: Sit down and watch the cosplayers entertain you for a while. Main Stage.
You can find the schedule for SMASH here.
If you would like to know what we get up to at SMASH, you can read our previous convention report for 2011 here.