The List 7 Unstoppable Thelma & Louise Duos
by Lynzee Loveridge,
Girls wanna have fun, where "fun" involves guns, crime, and general destruction. Whether it's in service of crime or justice, these pairs will always stick together.
7. Kei and Yuri (Dirty Pair) The original girls-with-guns pair, Kei and Yuri take care of intergalactic troubles while wrecking plenty of havoc in the process. Their reputation is a mix of bad luck and both character's hot tempers. Still, the two manage to get the job done somehow.
6. Natsumi and Miyuki (You're Under Arrest) The two female police officers are both partners and roommates whose contrasting personalities compliment one another perfectly. The physically strong and easygoing Natsumi will go to great lengths to apprehend a criminal on her moped, while the intellectual Miyuki is an ace driver herself.
5. Mihoshi and Kiyone (Tenchi Muyo!) While more dysfunctional than Natsumi and Miyuki, intergalactic police officers Mihoshi and Kiyone work better together than Kiyone would like to admit. Mihoshi is perpetually clumsy and incompetent compared to Kiyone's exceptional detective skills, but the two have an irreplaceable fondness for one another.
4. Rally Vincent and Minnie May (Gunsmith Cats) Rally brings the guns, May brings the bombs, and together they take down any criminal unfortunate enough to skip bail. May is usually armed with C4, smoke grenades, and any other explosive she can get her tiny hands on while Rally's own stockpile of firearms gets their house broken into on at least one occasion. Together they make an unstoppable team, busting up Italian mob rings and drug lords.
3. Kirika and Mirielle (Noir) Assassins and tragic lovers, the elder Mirielle takes amnesiac Kirika under her wing after finding her during a hit. The two perform jobs together as "Noir," combining Mirielle's use of firearms with Kirika's acrobatic abilities. The duo's body count rises throughout Europe before confronting a secret society that both are in intrinsically tied to.
2. Ryuko and Mako (Kill la Kill) The wandering Ryuko finds a home with her first best friend Mako. Mako doesn't really expect all the baggage her new pal brings into their budding friendship, but it doesn't stop her from becoming one the most supportive cheerleaders in recent memory. If Ryuko is the muscle of the team, Mako is the bubbly-yet-grounded one, bringing her friend back from the brink and cheering her on when she needs it most.
1. Revy and Eda (Black Lagoon) Revy and Eda's relationship is closer to "frienemies" than actual friends. Between constant bickering and death threats, the two still manage to kick a lot of ass. Eda is the only character that picks on Revy's "feminine" feelings and match her quick temper. The two get stuck together when hell breaks loose in Second Barrage and the history of their cooperative relationship is elaborated on further in the original manga.
The new poll: Which of these character's mohawks is the best?
The old poll: The last poll asked which of these wrestlers would win in the ring? Here's the full results (anything under 1% was omitted):
- Sakura Oogami (Danganronpa) 26.4%
- Zangief (Street Fighter II: The Movie) 19.9%
- Tiger Mask (Tiger Mask) 9.9%
- Mantaro Kinniku (Ultimate Muscle) 9.0%
- Lady S (Kick-Heart) 7.2%
- Edmond Honda (Street Fighter II: The Movie) 5.9%
- Sakura Hagiwara (Wanna Be the Strongest in the World) 5.6%
- Futoshi Omosodake (Eyeshield 21) 4.8%
- Blood Heart (Ixion Saga DT) 3.4%
- Kevin Mask (Ultimate Muscle) 3.4%
- Miku (Metal Fighter Miku) 2.7%
- Maskman M (Kick-Heart) 1.4%
When she isn't compiling lists of tropes, topics, and characters, Lynzee works as Associate Editor for Anime News Network, blogs about women and LBGT topics in anime and manga on her blog Engendered Dilemma, and posts pictures of her son on Twitter @ANN_Lynzee.
discuss this in the forum (30 posts) |