• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Warning: Thread contains extreme cuteness<3]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imaginary_num6er

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:12 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
dormcat wrote:
Souseiseki ... defeat ... Natsuki Kuga

UNPOSSIBLE!

That made me cry a little. Japan...what's wrong with you? Seriously! Sad

Well, there are people in the forums over there complaining, that this whole election is under a coup by Rosen Maiden fans. Although, there is still a good chance that the final might be:

Souseiseki vs. Shinku

if Shinku beats Nanoha. I liked how Suigintou had to be sacrificed and also how she won a conslolation block since it referred to spoiler[the possibility that Suigintou might come back again in Rosen Maiden Traumend and, what happened at the end of Rosen Maiden.]

Last edited by imaginary_num6er on Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nani?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:10 pm Reply with quote
One of the most amusing comments about a cute characters I ever read went something like this.

"She is beautiful and has large eyes. She's sweet as pie and has a loving father and brother who dote on her. In any other anime she'd make a great "genki" heroine who would live a long life and have a happy ending. Unfortunately, she got wasn't in Piano or Little Snow Suger Fairy. No, She got stuck in X. Well, we'll remember her bright smile that she had up untilspoiler[ her brother tied with what apears to be barbed wire and put a sword through her. She did look cute with the Angel wings though after she was dead meat.]"

In reference to Kotori Monou in X.

All the Best,

Nani?
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Nani? wrote:
One of the most amusing comments about a cute characters I ever read went something like this.

"She is beautiful and has large eyes. She's sweet as pie and has a loving father and brother who dote on her. In any other anime she'd make a great "genki" heroine who would live a long life and have a happy ending. Unfortunately, she got wasn't in Piano or Little Snow Suger Fairy. No, She got stuck in X. Well, we'll remember her bright smile that she had up untilspoiler[ her brother tied with what apears to be barbed wire and put a sword through her. She did look cute with the Angel wings though after she was dead meat.]"

In reference to Kotori Monou in X.

All the Best,

Nani?

I believe anyone stuck in X is already doomed to die an untimely death
Efan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:18 pm Reply with quote
HAMTARO AND HIS CREW!! Yea i watched an episode and man their cute, annoying but cute. Kushi kushi kushi (cutest anime noice ever). I also like those things in ep 3 of Excel Saga that dance and use their cuteness to try to win over mankind but spoiler[they turn really ugly when Excel punches them]. also Excels dog. Another cute thing from anime would be mochi from monster rancher. When i watched that show as a kid he always made me smile (pink belly green shell weird beak-like-mouth). Much like a cute, demented duck-billed-platipuss.

In terms of cute anime people, Nana from Elfen Lied, she was always so innocent and loving it made me feel so warm inside untill spoiler[she got her ass kicked by Lucy and i almost cried, and then when she got "put to death" by the doctor guy with glasses i almost cired again]. I also have to say Nyuu. She's so clumsy and does stuff that would humiliate any mentaly sane person but she just gets up and does it again. Chii from chobits also for the same reason as Nyuu. Another one is Sumomo from Chobits, so small and funny looking, i enjoy scenes with her the most, especialy when she sings and dances Very Happy .
angel_lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:11 am Reply with quote
imaginary_num6er wrote:
Well, there are people in the forums over there complaining, that this whole election is under a coup by Rosen Maiden fans.

Funny you should say that, now Souseiseki has beaten Rei Mii...
angel_lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:14 pm Reply with quote
This just in: Shock, horror, Nanoha Takamachi has beaten Shinku! Maybe there's been a late anti-Rozen Maiden backlash Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:55 pm Reply with quote
angel_lover wrote:
This just in: Shock, horror, Nanoha Takamachi has beaten Shinku! Maybe there's been a late anti-Rozen Maiden backlash Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Yes, that's one reason. Nanoha absorbed many Leaf/Key supporters (AIR, ComiPa, ToHeart) during her battle with Kannabi no Mikoto, and fans of other defeated groups (Mai-HiME, Gokujo, Negima, Mahoraba, MariMite, etc.) want to take revenge on dominating dolls. Plus, it would be rather lame if the final becomes spoiler[an Alice Game]; people want to see girls from different series compete with each other.

So the final result would likely be

1. Nanoha
2. Souseiseki
3. Shinku
4. Re Mii
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Well, heres hoping that Nanoha wins, I like her the best out of the choices (Yukari Tamura Rocks! I love her!). Plus the voice of my avatar does one of the other main characters from Nanoha, in addition to the opening theme. *Sigh* I wish at least one of the Mai Hime characters would have made it to the finals...

dormcat wrote:
Nanoha absorbed many Leaf/Key supporters (AIR, ComiPa, ToHeart) during her battle with Kannabi no Mikoto, and fans of other defeated groups (Mai-HiME, Gokujo, Negima, Mahoraba, MariMite, etc.) want to take revenge on dominating dolls.

Yes, I would be in that group.
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:29 pm Reply with quote
abunai wrote:
Another aspect, I suspect, is that there is a fundamental difference between the Japanese moe and the Western "cute".

Perhaps it's that I'm Western, or (more likely) that I'm female, but I don't understand the appeal of moe at all. I've wrapped by brain around it trying to figure it out, but the notion continuously and mysteriously alludes me. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:
abunai wrote:
Another aspect, I suspect, is that there is a fundamental difference between the Japanese moe and the Western "cute".

Perhaps it's that I'm Western, or (more likely) that I'm female, but I don't understand the appeal of moe at all. I've wrapped by brain around it trying to figure it out, but the notion continuously and mysteriously alludes me. Sad

The best thing that I can compare moe and that a lot of other people agree is like the love of a mother for her child. If you have any children that's probably the most comparable feeling males have for moe.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Although we have a definition of Moe here on ANN, If you want a more in depth decription of it you can try either here or here.
imaginary_num6er

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:34 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
Although we have a definition of Moe here on ANN, If you want a more in depth decription of it you can try either here or here.

It also means "burning" as it could be seen here lol.

(P.S. I voted for Shinku but, whatever lol)
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:52 pm Reply with quote
(Slightly OT)

imaginary_num6er wrote:
It also means "burning" as it could be seen here lol.

Ah, Tora no Ana Akiba Division #1 and Animate Akiba. Very Happy Those who has watched Genshiken ep. 2 should be able to recognize it immediately, even if one has never been there.

You should turn the picture 90-degrees clockwise....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Tachikoma! Anime catgrin + sweatdrop sorry, even though they're not a human character, they're just so adorible.

Chiyo-chan for Azumanga Daioh makes you want to just huggle her. I love her brainy-ness, but the entire show was so loveable. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop I watched it so many times.... and Komugi from Nurse Witch Komugi was so cute as well. Anime dazed There's so many to choose from, cute-attack!

But we musn't forget Nina from Fullmetal Alchemist. spoiler[ I cried when Scar killed her chemira (sp?) form.]
coolGAL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Whwn ever i see sakura from CardcaptorSakura i just wana grab her and hug and squeez her sooooooo cute. Sayo Kotobuki fro Super GALS! is just so adorable i would love to have her as my littel sister.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3