• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Fall 2012 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragon695

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:04 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
then what is My boyfriend is a 5-year old?

Probably My Little Monster?
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:55 pm Reply with quote
No clue. My best guess is that they mean to write "girlfriend" and therefore meant Sakarusou, but your guess is as good as mine.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:14 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
then what is My boyfriend is a 5-year old?

my little monster
little animation is little busters
Say I have an inferiority complex is say I love you
indecently used semicolons is robotics; notes
I'm a god now love me is kami-sama kiss
sarcastic plushy mascot is whoser
spirited away is ixon saga

others I think are fairly obvious
underlock

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
No clue. My best guess is that they mean to write "girlfriend" and therefore meant Sakarusou, but your guess is as good as mine.

Yeah, that's My Little Monster. The male lead acts like a 5-year-old most of the time.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:21 am Reply with quote
underlock wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:

Yeah, that's My Little Monster. The male lead acts like a 5-year-old most of the time.

that is a harsh and rather untrue way of looking at it, the second episode shows that he doesn't act like a 5 year old most of the time if at all.
underlock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:29 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
underlock wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:

that is a harsh and rather untrue way of looking at it, the second episode shows that he doesn't act like a 5 year old most of the time if at all.

You're the harsh one. Why is it bad to act like a 5 year old? And yes, his acting didn't change much in episode 2.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:57 am Reply with quote
underlock wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
underlock wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:

You're the harsh one. Why is it bad to act like a 5 year old? And yes, his acting didn't change much in episode 2.

I'm not saying it's bad, I'm saying it's an exaggeration, and yes he does act quite a bit differently in epsidoe 2. it's almost like he started taking mood stabilizers. (there is a good reason for this by the way). I think he acts his age way to often for him to be comparable to a 5 year old.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:26 am Reply with quote
After attending the Aniplex panel I'm very curious about Magi. Looks really fun to watch so I added that to my playlist. I'm also planning to watch My Little Monster. Hey, I'm a sucker for shows featuring macho a$$h0l3s who need time to be understood and turned into somewhat honest men. But still retain that wild "put my foot up your a$$ when necessary" persona. If done right and is a comedy. Hey I did like Tattoon Master and Midori Days.

Looks like my blah days with anime are starting to pick up again.
supercreep

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:13 am Reply with quote
Interesting season so far.

Streaming:

From the New World
Psycho Pass
Robotics;Notes

Will stream Lychee Light Club.

Dropped:

K
My Pet Monster
Blast of Tempest

K is such a mess of a show that not even its style and impressive visuals can save it.
vinamara

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:18 am Reply with quote
supercreep wrote:

Dropped:

K
My Pet Monster
Blast of Tempest

I'm curious as to why you dropped Blast of Tempest. Its not jiving with me too because its coming off as pretentious sometimes but is that enough to make you want to drop it?
supercreep

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:57 am Reply with quote
vinamara wrote:
supercreep wrote:

Dropped:

K
My Pet Monster
Blast of Tempest

I'm curious as to why you dropped Blast of Tempest. Its not jiving with me too because its coming off as pretentious sometimes but is that enough to make you want to drop it?

I can be difficult to please, and when it comes to streaming shows for a new season I can be brutal in trying to cut down what I can. I enjoyed the first episode of Blast of Tempest, but the second left me feeling that it was both shallow and pretentious. I am always open to being proven wrong, but from the second episode I feel that I am fully able to map out the rest of the series main plot points. Sometimes that's not such a problem, but it is when I'm not already hooked.
opn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:01 am Reply with quote
maaya wrote:
opn wrote:
4. kaibutsu kun

If you rank My Little Monster that highly, you might still want to try the other shojo series as well.

Speaking of which, it seems that My Little Monster will only have 13 episodes? That's actually kinda sad. Same for Say "I Love You" apparently. Looks like these are really just intended to get people interested in the source material ...

I thought about watching say i love you due to the seiyuu cast but i decided not too since it doesn't look like the type of show i'd enjoy. The same could be said about kamisama. Also we still don't have a confirmed episode count for kaibutsu kun co it can still be two cour.
vinamara

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:07 am Reply with quote
supercreep wrote:
I can be difficult to please, and when it comes to streaming shows for a new season I can be brutal in trying to cut down what I can. I enjoyed the first episode of Blast of Tempest, but the second left me feeling that it was both shallow and pretentious. I am always open to being proven wrong, but from the second episode I feel that I am fully able to map out the rest of the series main plot points. Sometimes that's not such a problem, but it is when I'm not already hooked.

I pretty much feel the same way as you. I dislike both of the main leads (although the fights are good).

I think I'll follow suit if I can't empathize with any of the characters soon.
Petrea Mitchell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:28 am Reply with quote
All right, after reading the reviews I had to look at the Gyrozetter ending.

I can't help wondering if it's a deliberate attempt at viral fame. If that's the plan, it might work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:01 pm Reply with quote
well damn I just missed the wrap up because of my move.. well I don't know what I'll really be watching as of yet aside from hayate but I'll check back with you guys on the next preview roundup~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 54 of 55