• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Deadman Wonderland Manga to Return From Hiatus

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MopZ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote
And I almost got my hopes up for there to be a license rescue. They really need to rescue this one for US distribution.
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
Would love a 2nd season, but most of all I would like somebody to re-release the manga in NA. I want to collect the manga but can't because they are out of print and sold out everywhere Sad

well you can get the deadman wonderland manga through amazon.... but most of the volumes are like 70+ dollars.
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
I read a little of the manga and saw the anime. I can see why the ratings for this series was so low to begin with. It's a very depressing and violent show to start with. I'm not sure I want to see the show again or read the manga. I'd rather watch "Tenchi Muyo GXP." That show,at least,is a lot more fun to see.

that is very trite excuse, you are either very sheltered or a wimp. sry guy that is the way i see it. I've seen most of the tenchi's they are fun but trust me they had some very slow episodes, im sure the art is good and all but deadman wonderland i could watch in an entire night, i got to 6 eps the first night, and it left me feeling ecstatic, sure its twisted and violent but at least it wont put me to sleep, I got what i expected from this show. another thing, the low ratings have nothing to do with the nature of the show, trigun suffered the same issues, it flooped in japan but it did well in america, why? because it was made for the US, same with DMW.
MopZ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote
vangelionite88 wrote:
Ambimunch wrote:
Would love a 2nd season, but most of all I would like somebody to re-release the manga in NA. I want to collect the manga but can't because they are out of print and sold out everywhere Sad

well you can get the deadman wonderland manga through amazon.... but most of the volumes are like 70+ dollars.

I had to buy a volume like that, and another one for $40. I felt sick buying them at that price.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Manga:

RESCUE LICENSE PLEASE!

Anime:

Second season, Funi make it happen!

This is the sort of anime Japan should be making more of; seems like they used to once upon a time but not anymore.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:40 pm Reply with quote
rinmackie wrote:
This is the sort of anime Japan should be making more of; seems like they used to once upon a time but not anymore.

Senseless ultraviolence for no reason is mostly gone these days from all forms of visual media. Maybe it's still in vidya gaems, I don't play those so I wouldn't know. I didn't care for it in DMW mostly because I loathe the protagonists, whereas I absolutely reveled in it during Dredd 3D and Django because those were heroes worth rooting for. Same for Robocop and all them Arnie roles.
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:19 pm Reply with quote
vangelionite88 wrote:
Snomaster1 wrote:
I read a little of the manga and saw the anime. I can see why the ratings for this series was so low to begin with. It's a very depressing and violent show to start with. I'm not sure I want to see the show again or read the manga. I'd rather watch "Tenchi Muyo GXP." That show,at least,is a lot more fun to see.

that is very trite excuse, you are either very sheltered or a wimp. sry guy that is the way i see it. I've seen most of the tenchi's they are fun but trust me they had some very slow episodes, im sure the art is good and all but deadman wonderland i could watch in an entire night, i got to 6 eps the first night, and it left me feeling ecstatic, sure its twisted and violent but at least it wont put me to sleep, I got what i expected from this show. another thing, the low ratings have nothing to do with the nature of the show, trigun suffered the same issues, it flooped in japan but it did well in america, why? because it was made for the US, same with DMW.

Deadman Wonderland is basically pure horror fanservice. It's understandable if someone doesn't like that fanservice. Gore and horror are definitely not things that everyone will or can enjoy.

PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
Can anyone name ONE title that used to be printed by Tokyopop and has been rescued since the company's closure (other than Kodansha titles which were let go long before the company shut down)?

The only one I'm aware of is Alice in the Country of Hearts, which was picked up by Yen. I think Jmanga may also have picked up a few, but I'm not positive on that. Come on various companies, now would be a perfect time! Wink
rinmackie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I guess I watched a different anime, then. I liked the protagonists and didn't feel that the violence was that excessive, certainly not worse than Tarantino's films.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:31 pm Reply with quote
If anime followed the manga, then there is nothing exciting in this news. The anime was disastrous nonsense in terms of essence, it was just style with gore used as cheap trick to gather audience that love to brag how they watch "adult" anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2