• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - January 6th - January 12th

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RezSav

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:53 pm Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:
Break wrote:
halochief_90 wrote:
Actually, we did get to see Faye in the form of the Cowboy Bebop Movie this passed April, which I believe even the US hasn't gotten on TV yet. Natch!

Adult swim showed it I think.

Anyway I finally saw Akira (going to see it 2-3 years ago when it was last on but missed it) and recorded it! It was good. And I'm mad that I missed Gunslinger Girl and Basilisk. Oh well at least I can catch it next week.

They did, can't remember when and I loved it since it gave a bit more story into Spikes background. I think it showed a year or two ago.

A year and 4 months to be exact. Though I'm not too sure on the date.
Angel_Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
Anime_Freak wrote:
Let's not forget there's new eps of Trinity Blood airing now as well.

I neglected to mention that because I don't care about it. Smile

And about Akira, I got the Geneon Signature Series version at Wal-Mart earlier last year for $7.50, along with the Geneon Signature Series version of Hellsing Volume 1 at the same place for the same price a little while later. Akira was great, Hellsing wasn't.

Wow are the Geneon Signature Series DVDs all have that same price? Anime smile
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:01 am Reply with quote
Angel_Trainee wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:
Anime_Freak wrote:

And about Akira, I got the Geneon Signature Series version at Wal-Mart earlier last year for $7.50, along with the Geneon Signature Series version of Hellsing Volume 1 at the same place for the same price a little while later. Akira was great, Hellsing wasn't.

Not sure about all of them, but the Hellsing V1 and Akira DVD's were that price when I bought mine, though I recently sold the Hellsing DVD as I don't want the signature series version of Hellsing. Stupid me I recorded Akira the other night when it was on and I already have it on DVD.... Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:10 am Reply with quote
CanSomebodySayMedic wrote:
You pulled a wrongo on last week's "Click", MCK and Daigunder aired different episoded other than u posted, i was very ashamed that u did not look at the JETIX schedule really closely, was it because of those "Yin Yang Yo!" bumps on the site, or you might have mis-checked the guide...
Like that goblin-like monster on MCK says: "gremmy"! (poof, u've got bad luck)

Whoops! Thanks for catching that. Unfortunately such things are bound to happen once in a while - I usually don't check the schedules on the website of the networks themselves, such as Cartoon Network or Jetix or whathaveyou. They very rarely have the listings as far in advance as I need, and places like Zap2it and such are usually reliable around 98 percent of the time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Josh7289

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Angel_Trainee wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:
Anime_Freak wrote:

No. Those were the only anime DVDs I ever saw at Wal-Mart for that price. Geneon Signature Series DVDs retail for $20, I think.
ajcross123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Some old stuff is showing on the Colours channel:
Kodocha, Fruits Basket, Case Close, Spiral, Dragon Ball, Yuyu Hakusho, Slayers, Negima
On weekends:
Lupin, Baki the Grappler, Kiddy Grade, Blue Gender, Tenchi Muyo! GXP

http://tvlistings5.zap2it.com/tvlistings/GridAction.do?method=getSingleStation&stnNum=30103&lineupId=KS60824:X&zipcode=66216&channel=418
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:33 pm Reply with quote
ajcross123 wrote:
Some old stuff is showing on the Colours channel:
Kodocha, Fruits Basket, Case Close, Spiral, Dragon Ball, Yuyu Hakusho, Slayers, Negima
On weekends:
Lupin, Baki the Grappler, Kiddy Grade, Blue Gender, Tenchi Muyo! GXP

http://tvlistings5.zap2it.com/tvlistings/GridAction.do?method=getSingleStation&stnNum=30103&lineupId=KS60824:X&zipcode=66216&channel=418

From what little I know about the COLOURS broadcast, I think it's a broadcasting deal with Funimation's Anime Channel or something. That's why they only air something like the first 10 or 15 episodes of "Case Closed".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nebs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:37 am Reply with quote
Hey Brian, here's some good BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBo news for you: Smile

http://www.activeanime.com/html/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4356
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2