• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA Offers Madoka Magica -Rebellion- Blu-ray in April

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:51 pm Reply with quote
ShanaFan852 wrote:
We have absolutely no idea how Aniplex USA is going to release these movies later on as a domestic release (It's Madoka, they are for a fact going to release an R1 release later down the line).

And your proof is......where?

This is reminding me of when several people "knew for a fact" that they were going to be releasing a domestic version of the Garden of Sinners on bluray.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Yuno07 wrote:
FenixFiesta wrote:
It is fair to call out the price for being ridiculously high, but it has more to due with the Japanese market mindset than anything.

You can believe whatever you want. However, starting the whole "Aniplex of America's releases are overpriced" s*it storm for the 200th time, ad nauseum, isn't going to accomplish anything other than creating a 20 page thread full of nothing but dead horse kicking (what is that point?).

Clearly the dead horse is a zombie so either take out your shotgun or board up your windows and doors to keep out the undead!
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:07 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
ShanaFan852 wrote:
We have absolutely no idea how Aniplex USA is going to release these movies later on as a domestic release (It's Madoka, they are for a fact going to release an R1 release later down the line).

This is reminding me of when several people "knew for a fact" that they were going to be releasing a domestic version of the Garden of Sinners on bluray.
Garden of Sinners was a different story, there was no release beforehand. This is Madoka, one of AoA's biggest properties. They've already released the TV series domestically in three different forms, and right now the LE's are finally selling out on Rightstuf (The second LE got delisted weeks ago).

How much sense would it make for them to not release the movies domestically (And may I remind you the recaps are already sold out?), especially when it's been stated numerous times the third movie isn't the end of the series? The creators have stated they're thinking of more movies and TV series, and if there's a TV series, AoA is most definitely going to be releasing those domestically as they never import singles because it's not viable. Seriously, could you even imagine AoA NOT licensing Madoka (And no Sentai nor FUNi would get it as AoA exclusively gets Aniplex stuff)?

You would need the third movie for any future entries in Madoka to make sense, so they're going to release it domestically.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lem

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:09 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

This is odd. I was under the impression that you did not like to spend a lot of money on anime. I suppose you have accepted that buying what you like, even if it is expensive, is not such a bad thing; or you are a hypocrite.

That's probably because you never frequent the "what did you just buy thread?" Or the "what are your expenses?" thread

And you misunderstood my post? my intent? if so, please read it again.

You should, more than anything, be under the impression that paying an expensive price does not necessarily mean that you made the best purchasing decision.

There are options. That's all I was trying to convey to you.

Do you need examples? I can provide them if you like.

At any rate,

Look, you really shouldn't brag that you don't consider the price when you buy your anime. Everyone knows that we are not rich here. If we were we sure as hell wouldn't be spending our lives on message boards now would we?

I'm a fan just as you are. I may be considerably older, and have more $ to spend, but that doesn't change the fact that we enjoy the same things. Anime. Manga. Not necessarily in that order of course. But you know what I mean.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:12 pm Reply with quote
ShanaFan852 wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:
ShanaFan852 wrote:

Garden of Sinners was a different story, there was no release beforehand. This is Madoka, one of AoA's biggest properties. They've already released the TV series domestically in three different forms, and right now the LE's are finally selling out on Rightstuf (The second LE got delisted weeks ago).

How much sense would it make for them to not release the movies domestically (And may I remind you the recaps are already sold out?), especially when it's been stated numerous times the third movie isn't the end of the series? The creators have stated they're thinking of more movies and TV series, and if there's a TV series, AoA is most definitely going to be releasing those domestically as they never import singles because it's not viable. Seriously, could you even imagine AoA NOT licensing Madoka (And no Sentai nor FUNi would get it as AoA exclusively gets Aniplex stuff)?

You would need the third movie for any future entries in Madoka to make sense, so they're going to release it domestically.

But have they outright said it?

This is Aniplex of America. Several of the things they have done in the past haven't exactly made that much sense.

Until they post an unquestionable quote that can be directly linked to, nothing involving them is "fact".

It's like I used to say back on the old Guitar Hero boards on GameFAQs:

"No Link + No Proof = GTFO."
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Yuno07 wrote:
FenixFiesta wrote:
It is fair to call out the price for being ridiculously high, but it has more to due with the Japanese market mindset than anything.

You can believe whatever you want. However, starting the whole "Aniplex of America's releases are overpriced" s*it storm for the 200th time, ad nauseum, isn't going to accomplish anything other than creating a 20 page thread full of nothing but dead horse kicking (what is that point?).

Nonetheless it is the truth. 55 dollars for a two hour movie (standard edition) is a bit high priced there. Though, at least there is a standard BD edition.
Karalus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:19 pm Reply with quote
I want to pre-order the LE so bad but sadly I must wait until the next paycheck. :( I feel the idea of a release of all three films together is a interesting idea but I just cant get past the want for a imported LE....my poor wallet.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:25 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Don't know why there is an assumption that there are going to be domestic releases of the movies or that they are going to be dubbed.

This is Aniplex we are talking about. It would be nice if we had a dubbed domestic release, but I am not going to count my eggs waiting on it.

I make no prediction of any domestic AoA release of the PMMM movies having a dub, but as to why there is an assumption that some sort of domestic release might happen:

So far, AoA has offered four titles as domestic imports that I am aware of: Garden of Sinners, Fate/Zero, Gurren Lagann and Oreimo. In all four cases, those domestic imports received domestic releases of some description and the Fate/Zero domestic release even came with a dub.

So yeah, assuming there will be an AoA domestic release of some nature of the PMMM movies is not exactly wild-eyed craziness.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:28 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
But have they outright said it?

This is Aniplex of America. Several of the things they have done in the past haven't exactly made that much sense.

Until they post an unquestionable quote that can be directly linked to, nothing involving them is "fact".

It's like I used to say back on the old Guitar Hero boards on GameFAQs:

"No Link + No Proof = GTFO."
No they have not. But may I remind you of a certain other company that hasn't announced stuff, but released stuff? *Cough*FUNimation*Cough* How many shows did they license for streaming that went straight up to solicitations?

One thing about Aniplex is most definitely a fact though, and there's plenty of evidence to support it, every Aniplex series now gets licensed by AoA no matter what. And what does that indicate? Everything they license gets released.
Blood- wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:
Don't know why there is an assumption that there are going to be domestic releases of the movies or that they are going to be dubbed.

This is Aniplex we are talking about. It would be nice if we had a dubbed domestic release, but I am not going to count my eggs waiting on it.

I make no prediction of any domestic AoA release of the PMMM movies having a dub, but as to why there is an assumption that some sort of domestic release might happen:

So far, AoA has offered four titles as domestic imports that I am aware of: Garden of Sinners, Fate/Zero, Gurren Lagann and Oreimo. In all four cases, those domestic imports received domestic releases of some description and the Fate/Zero domestic release even came with a dub.

So yeah, assuming there will be an AoA domestic release of some nature of the PMMM movies is not exactly wild-eyed craziness.
There was also the Rurouni Kenshin movie and OVA's, but those had already received multiple DVD releases by ADV years ago.

So yeah, there has never been anything they've released that was import only. Sure the BD itself has usually been import-only, but there was always some kind of domestic release later or beforehand.

Last edited by BigOnAnime on Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:29 pm Reply with quote
oh god my sides i'm laughing to damn hard at this. Aniplex is actually going to charge $55 dollar for an animated movie, that's not a collectors edition. Well I wish them the best of luck on this basic edition, lord knows I'm not buying it unless it's on sell or I win a copy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Well im not a hooker so I cant get it
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Always surprises me that people actually LIKED that horrific dub. Especially after how God-tier the Japanese audio is in this particular title. Their stuff should be CHEAPER since they don't have to license it from themselves and of course also because there's no dub (which I don't care about because 90% of dubs are terrible now days).

Your post is entirely hilarious and baseless. Especially the line about "90% of dubs are terrible", which is beyond funny because you're just making that up on the spot with no support behind it. XD
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:23 pm Reply with quote
lem wrote:
There are options. That's all I was trying to convey to you.

Do you need examples? I can provide them if you like.

I am assuming that "options" philosophy does not apply to you because you clearly could have ordered the regular edition of this movie from the RightStuff (assuming you live in North America or the allowed regions that can order it) at $55. But you decided to instead import the LE for $90.

Way to (not) save money! I thought you were making fun of me for spending more money than needed on anime.
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:25 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
Always surprises me that people actually LIKED that horrific dub. Especially after how God-tier the Japanese audio is in this particular title. Their stuff should be CHEAPER since they don't have to license it from themselves and of course also because there's no dub (which I don't care about because 90% of dubs are terrible now days).

Your post is entirely hilarious and baseless. Especially the line about "90% of dubs are terrible", which is beyond funny because you're just making that up on the spot with no support behind it. Anime hyper

That 90% statistic he blatantly made up is definitely false.

It should be higher, my guess would be somewhere around ~99.7%.

@Kougeru, People are content with dubs that are horrible in comparison to their Japanese counterpart because the standard of quality is extremely low. And it's not getting better because most people are used to this standard, and simply doesn't have a general idea of what dubs could be, which is ultimately quite sad Sad .
Juno016

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:29 pm Reply with quote
[MESSED UP POST--PLEASE DELETE]

Last edited by Juno016 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8