• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Campione

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 pm Reply with quote
theres an anime i saw some time ago it started with a female saving a guy from some army like thing and exits a cave. i think the name of the anime starts with M
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:35 pm Reply with quote
@Campione

Perhaps "Madlax"
Campione

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:54 pm Reply with quote
@Alan45
thanks man
CM punk

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:57 pm Reply with quote
I don't know about this picture:

Can you tell me what is the name of that anime?
Question
pibburns

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:25 am Reply with quote
CM punk wrote:
I don't know about this picture:

Can you tell me what is the name of that anime?
Question

K-On. The school in K-On is based upon an old school building for an actual school in Toyosato:

http://www5.ocn.ne.jp/~toyosato/

Scroll down in the left-hand list of pictures on that web page to see a photo of the source for the K-On school building and statue.

Last edited by pibburns on Thu May 22, 2014 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
HITHAPINK

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Hey all...just got done watching Bakemonogatari.
Just wondering with the prequels what order to watch them in to follow series-is all.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:51 pm Reply with quote
by order of events: Kizumonogatari (whenever Shaft decides to release it), Nekomonogatari Black, Bake, Nise, Monogatari second season
MacAttack270

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:10 am Reply with quote
I'm watching them in release order: Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, Nekomonogatari Black, Second Season whenever it's released domestically.

I wouldn't say it's really any better either watching in release order or in chronological at this point; since you've already watched Bake, you'll be able to appreciate Neko more than had you watched that first. If you're looking for an actual recommendation on what to watch next, Nise follows Bake anyway, so I'd go ahead and watch that and continue the storyline instead of breaking it up with a 4 ep prequel.
kawaiitenshiAMV

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:53 am Reply with quote
Hi, not sure if this is the right thread (as its about identifying a anime)

I've been looking for two h-anime's for about 5 years now (over 3000 pages of google)

and i simply cant find them as i've seen them around 1998-2004

i cannot remember a title but i can still remember a bit of the story

the first is about a boy that is deeply in love with a school mate and on one day he meets 3 spirits that grant him a unique ability in trade for his family (he can point at any girl and that girl will fall for him).

the second was about a boy who was saved by a girl when he was little and still is in love with that girl but he doesn't know who that girl was... an a ski trip he finds out that the sick sister of his gf was the girl that saved him back then

hope anyone knows these two as i really liked the storyline in them and want to find them (kinda hard if you dont know a title) Embarassed
ArcobalenoSkull

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Ok. So I have been looking for this anime for quite awhile now, and still haven't found it. So here I am. If you need any more info let me know. I remember almost the whole thing, but not any specific names or the title.The anime revovels around this really tall guy with brown hair. (Very specific, I know). I watched it on crunchyroll, but it was removed.

The first episode is basically:
Its about this guy who was feared in school because when he was younger he attacked these kids on the bridge, but really it was because the kids threw the rock that controlled his powers in the river. He lost control and basically beat them into the ground. Everyday he searches in the river after school for his stone. This girl sees him, and despite him being infamous, asks him to join the rock club. He says no, but she just ignores him and tells him to be at the rock museum later that night. Anyways, so years later this girl shows up at his house and has like a whole army of maids outside and she knocks on his door talking about how she needs his help because he has this power and stuff. He gets all mad and starts radiating a dark aura and she leaves. He staggers back into his house and His eye start doin wonky stuff. Elsewhere a stone statue called medusa comes alive in this boat and starts attackin people. This is because it was put near this stone thing that brought it to life. It stats heading to the rock museum where the rock club girl is at. Mr. main character flips out and basically ends up beating it up, but goes crazy in the process. The rich girl from earlier shows up and calms him don with her powers.

Anyway, please help! Now words can desribe how happy I would be if someone could tell me the name of this anime! Thnks!!
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:30 pm Reply with quote
The first half of the description makes me think it's Sacred Seven but I don't remember much of it.
pibburns

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:01 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
The first half of the description makes me think it's Sacred Seven but I don't remember much of it.

I agree, surely this is Sacred Seven. I watched the first few episodes on Crunchyroll, but those streams disappeared when Bandai Entertainment folded. Sentai announced they had picked up the license last summer. I haven't seen any further announcements about the availability of Sacred Seven since then.

You may be interested in a 2011 ANN review by Carl Kimlinger of the first seven episodes.

animenewsnetwork.com/review/sacred-seven/episodes-1
Campione

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:17 pm Reply with quote
"Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni Shomin Sample Toshite"
does this manga have a anime version?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Campione wrote:
"Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni Shomin Sample Toshite"
does this manga have a anime version?

No such project has been announced yet. However I wouldn't be surprised if there's one being prepared and negotiated.

BTW it started as a light novel first.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Ignatz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:21 pm Reply with quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeVPzYLOcEg

What anime is at 3:10-3:19?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 481 of 569