• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ISLAND (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Well, that looked like a happy ending, he got to be with the Rinne he loved, after I guess getting the approval from their daughter that was in love with him. I suppose it would have been a lot for Rinne Jr to take in at once, just wonder if it would look odd that Kuon (RInne Sr) is marrying a man a few years older than her daughter. Although it somewhat feels like the story goes on, with a left to VN thing, along with I don't think his own origin is explained yet, but really this was fine.

I won't say this was the best of its kind, of VN anime with the guy saving the girls, but it did at least do something a bit more uniquely, can't say I can recall one just like it. It did have this sort of taboo feeling to it, with legends of incest and the like, but in the end I don't think it did anything really wrong. Although I do somewhat question how old future Rinne was when she gave birth. Really feels like there should be plenty for me to say, this is the first show to finish for me this season, but I can't really say a huge amount, beyond that it was kind of mildly interesting.

I give a rating of Decent (6/10), I don't think it really lost my attention at any time.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Meanwhile, all I can think is "So, uh, in the VN, are there routes where he accidentally bangs his daughter?"
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Yes, one of the VN's true routes involves him banging his daughter essentially, and he impregnated Kuon when she was 13 the first time around.
Squidslinger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Kinda felt like the series absolutely tossed out half it's built up time traveling backstory in order to make this one fit. It left a bunch of plot holes and slapped a pretty bow on it. Some of it is a quite ridiculous when really thinking about it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2