• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Pairs of Long Lost Anime Twins

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mai Yukino

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:54 am Reply with quote
This is a list of anime character pairs from two different shows I feel that look like they could pass off as twins in terms how closely they look alike.

Kaoru Kamiya of Rurouni Kenshin & Miyuki Kobayakawa of You're Under Arrest

Kiichi Goto of Patlabor & Masami Kondo of Koi wa Ameagari No you ni

Noa Izumi of Patlabor & Leona Ozaki of Dominion Tank Police (1988 OVA)

Pirotess of Record of Lodoss War & Marlene of Dragon Knight 4

Shinji Ikari of Neon Genesis Evangelion & Kouji Aiba of Infinite Ryvius

Yui Hongo of Fushigi Yuugi & Haruka Tenoh of Sailor Moon (90's anime version)
NidhoggRocketman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:34 am Reply with quote
Emperor Jircniv Rune Farlord El Nix from Overlord III and GIlgamesh from Fate.
HK16

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:16 pm Reply with quote
You're doing this again I see.

So there are people who still do not know the history between Black Cat and To Love Ru.

Anyway, Gil from Fate and Kazumi Ida from Mahou Sensou.

Diethard Ried from Code Geass and Zola Axberg from Cross Ange.

Ryou Bakura from Yu-Gi-Oh! and Nagito Komaeda from Dangan Ronpa.

Shinichi Izumi from Kiseijuu and Yuri from Yuri on Ice. And I haven't even watched Yuri on Ice. Only trailers, clips, and screenshots.

I have more, but that's good for now.

Other users have mentioned what I was going to say like Kallen from Code Geass and Aki from Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's, CC and Amber, etc.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Whoever put the Bondrewd entry in the poll, I both love and hate you.
harminia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:38 pm Reply with quote
I misread the poll so put down Toshio Ozaki from Shiki but honestly he works both ways. I would want him as a doctor pre-Shiki, and would definitely not during Shiki lol

Looking up some of the similar characters people are posting here is pretty amazing. Some of them are so similar it's crazy.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:28 am Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
Theres also Kallen Kozuki from Code Geass and Akiza Izinski from Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's

They are both the best girls from their respective series
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Zoneflare wrote:
spoiler[
Believe it or not but those two are actual sisters.]

shosakukan wrote:
DranzerX13 wrote:
What about Amelia, and Naga from the Slayers? They're definitely long lost twins, but Naga is older than Amelia. I'm surprised they didn't make the list. It's a very well known one.

In fact, spoiler[it is said that in the Slayers story-world there is so-called ura-settei (a hidden backstory) that Naga and Amelia are actual sisters.]

I can actually believe that....for a pair of reasons.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:46 pm Reply with quote
This pairing is obvious and fairly famous already: Tomoko Kuroki from WataMote and Hex Maniac/Occult Maniac from Pokemon spoiler[(except Tomoko has a much smaller bust size than the Pokemon trainer)], They both have very similar faces and messy hair, right down to having "hair horns" in around the same place.

Pure-hearted Yankii girl with a delinquient face Masaki Yoshida from WataMote (manga-only for now) also reminds me a lot of the pure-hearted Yankii girl with a delinquent face Echizen from Tanaka-kun is Always Listless spoiler[(though subverted a little in the case of Yoshida in that she actually is somewhat of a delinquent, or at least she hangs around with two other tough girls and is quick to throw punches whenever she feels that Tomoko is sexually harassing her)]. There's also the real world connections between the two series in that they're both published in Square-Enix's Gangan Online and both manga were adapted into single-cour (for now) anime by SilverLink.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
luisedgarf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Suwako Moriya from Touhou and Tina Sprout from Black Bullet. They look like twin sisters, despite the former is a goddess.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Let's go old school, people!!

Captain Global and Captain Nemo, from Macross and Nadia.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Mai Yukino wrote:
Yui Hongo of Fushigi Yuugi & Haruka Tenoh of Sailor Moon (90's anime version)

OH DAMN, YOU'RE RIGHT.

.....I never put that together before. Anime hyper
7777ale7777

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Satsuki Kiryuin from Kill la Kill and Mina Hazuki from Darker than Black
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:40 am Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
This pairing is obvious and fairly famous already: Tomoko Kuroki from WataMote and Hex Maniac/Occult Maniac from Pokemon spoiler[(except Tomoko has a much smaller bust size than the Pokemon trainer)], They both have very similar faces and messy hair, right down to having "hair horns" in around the same place.

THAT SHOULD NOT SURPRISE YOU!! considering that PUSA , gamefreak & Nintendo is hell bent to remove any and ALL types of that fanservice from their precious kid friendly franchise when it comes to the west, that difference is more than obvious even though most people wouldn't noticed it!

though your wrong about them having the same faces! yes they definitely have the same hair horns and medusa like hairs, but not the same face at all!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:02 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:

THAT SHOULD NOT SURPRISE YOU!! considering that PUSA , gamefreak & Nintendo is hell bent to remove any and ALL types of that fanservice from their precious kid friendly franchise when it comes to the west, that difference is more than obvious even though most people wouldn't noticed it!

The Mario games never had fanservice
Fire Emblem itself never really had fanservice until the 3DS games (and even with the moaning over the removal of the skinship mechanic in Fates it still had fanservice).
The Pokemon games had/still have some mild fanservice with the various female trainer designs and feminine pokemon designs.

So yeah Nintendo isn't as hellbent on this as you seem to think they're just rather inconsistent.

though your wrong about them having the same faces! yes they definitely have the same hair horns and medusa like hairs, but not the same face at all!!![/quote]
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:17 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:

The Mario games never had fanservice
Fire Emblem itself never really had fanservice until the 3DS games (and even with the moaning over the removal of the skinship mechanic in Fates it still had fanservice).
The Pokemon games had/still have some mild fanservice with the various female trainer designs and feminine pokemon designs.

So yeah Nintendo isn't as hellbent on this as you seem to think they're just rather inconsistent

i was talking about pokemon in general!!! when it comes to that series they remove even the smallest amount of possible fanservice. that was more than proven during the best wishes arc when for some of the female gym leaders, the english version completely removed the cleavage for them even though they were SO SMALL that no kid would even tell if they had any or not!!!

CAN SOMEONE SAY OVERBOARD MUCH!!!!!????
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3