• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Oreimo's Kirino Fragrance, Doll for Sale in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:42 am Reply with quote
The doll looks cute yeah, but could be better with her anime clothes on (like the one portrayed on the right).
Oh, the fragrance... lol. That will make a few otaku happy.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Ah yes, a Kirino Fragrance - when you absolutely have to smell vaguely incesty, no other scent will do.
egoist wrote:
The doll looks cute yeah, but could be better with her anime clothes on (like the one portrayed on the right).
Oh, the fragrance... lol. That will make a few otaku happy.

Guess you guys have never heard of the sweat antiperspirant incident on 2ch:

A bunch of otaku talking about LovePlus on 2ch three days after its launch. Someone provided his experience:

"If you want to simulate the feel of having the (digital) girlfriend in your room but don't have the courage to buy that fragrance, try using Kao's antiperspirant as an alternative. Many high school girls use it at school after PE classes thus that distinctive smell can relate one's memory with girls at that age."

Suddenly the activity of the discussion board decreased.

A few minutes later, another user "reporting from a supermarket: it has been SOLD OUT."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
chefneer
Aria Company

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:44 pm Reply with quote
That is too funny. Or maybe it's too sad.
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:08 pm Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:
I laughed when I read some thought this doll was expensive.

When you make as little as i do, that doll is hella expensive.

Hell, even if I made more money, it's still expensive.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:19 pm Reply with quote
chefneer wrote:
That is too funny. Or maybe it's too sad.

I just wonder how many of the people that buy these fragrances actually have real girlfriends/female friends to give these too. Dolls, manga, H games and figurines obviously don't count, so it's a mystery.

But if they don't, what would they even do with this fragrance? Wait, I take that back, I don't really want to know. Somehow, it's probably best to not know, rather than too know in this case.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:24 pm Reply with quote
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:
When you make as little as i do, that doll is hella expensive. Hell, even if I made more money, it's still expensive.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing at the expense. I laughed because figure collecting is expensive and this doll is cheap for the quality, height, and maker.

Just compare to FREEing's 1/4 Kagami. This is at RACS. Now go look at it elsewhere.

If that's not shocking, try searching for Konota (if you find her for less than $200, let me know!).

When I first started collecting, 1/8 scale PVC figures were $49 SRP. Now, they're twice this amount and still climbing in price.

I may just order this doll to save me money. Razz
einhorn303

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:33 pm Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:

I may just order this doll to save me money. Razz

One of the advantages of dolls is that you can also buy new clothes for them and change their poses. So one doll, customized, can equal like 4 or 5 different figures.

Kanata in military uniform. Kanate in school uniform. Kanata in gym class clothes. Kanata in frilly pink dress. Kanata in pajamas, etc etc.

dormcat wrote:

A bunch of otaku talking about LovePlus on 2ch three days after its launch. Someone provided his experience:

"If you want to simulate the feel of having the (digital) girlfriend in your room but don't have the courage to buy that fragrance, try using Kao's antiperspirant as an alternative. Many high school girls use it at school after PE classes thus that distinctive smell can relate one's memory with girls at that age."

Brb, going to CVS to perform product research.
Ranma824

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:38 pm Reply with quote
The doll is actually quite cute!

And the perfume might even smell nice on top of that. Smile
Pocky Monster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:32 pm Reply with quote
I want that Kirino doll so badly. IT'S TOO CUTE! Anime hyper
Big Hed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:46 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
A few minutes later, another user "reporting from a supermarket: it has been SOLD OUT."

... Only on the internet.

TheZeonicFront wrote:
Is this show any good? It's getting a lot of buzz, but it doesn't seemed too far removed from that horrible show with the two sisters who want to molest their brother.

Radically different from KissxSis. Take it from somebody who had the same reservations: Oreimo is actually proving to be a decent show (for now), and Kirino is a charming lead (Kyousuke's also a decent guy, not to forget him).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2