• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crazy Character Tournament: Final Battle

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Okay so, the tournament is going a single elimination tournament, I've split the 128 contestants into 4 groups of 16 with 2 contestants in each sub group. So, it's going to take 4 rounds to get the first matches done. This is the first one. Soon, I'm going to post how the rest of the rounds are going to look... I've already worked out who each of the contestants are going to be for each roundt, I just need to fix it up a little so it looks a bit nicer, so I'll post that soon also.

Unlike the last tournament, I don't have profiles for each of these characters, since most of them are a bit more well known than the characters in the last one. I can add them for the next round if you guys really want me to... I just didn't feel the need to now. I think a lot of these characters are somewhat known... if you don't know them, just vote based on the pictures or decriptions in the Encyclopedia that I provided... I tried to pick somewhat "crazy" pictures for most of the characters... some of them were a bit hard to find good pictures of though, mostly some of the newer anime, or less-well known characters of anime. I think most of them are word well though. Thanks to Frentymon in helping me find some of them, it takes a while...

Rules:

1. Like most of the last tournament, everybody is allowed to vote. A lot of people seem to get confused on this part, like there's some kind of pre-requisites required in order to participate... none of that exists. As long as you're a registered member of Anime News Network (meaning you're able to post), you're allowed to vote.

2. No list posts. This one's already a rule of ANN anyway, so you should know it. The rule also applies here. It doesn't have to be like five paragraphs long or something (if you want to write that much, it's fine though), just a sentence or two explaining why you chose the character.

3. I let this slip by in the previous tournament for a few people, but this time, I'm going to make it a rule. You must vote for a contestant for every group if you're going to vote at all. Just voting for whatever groups you like better and/or know isn't really what I'm wanting in this tournament. If you don't know a character, just vote based on his/her picture.

- Note: Some people may be wondering why this rule exists as it may seem pointless... I have a reason. Since we're submitting these votes via the forums, it would be easy to just register multiple times and vote multiple times for your favorite characters. Making it a rule that you must vote for every group greatly discourages this. Aside from that, it really narrows down the votes to people who are actually serious about this. That's pretty much the reason...

4. You are allowed to change your votes before the time limit is up. If you want to watch some of an anime in order to decide, or re-watch one, you can do this and change your vote. Also, feel free to post other pictures of your favorite characters in order to support them in hope of influencing other people's votes.

5. All of ANN's usual forum rules also apply here.

6. Have fun.

And that's pretty much all. Here's all the contestants for the first round:

Group A-1:

Excel from Excel Saga
Hachisuke (Hachi) Takamizo (on the right) from Happiness!

Group A-2:

Ryuichi Sakuma from Gravitation
Keroro from Keroro Gunso

Group A-3:

Mouri Kogorou from Case Closed (aka. Detective Conan)
Dokuro-chan from Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan

Group A-4:

Hanagata from Saber Marionette J
Bacchi-Gu from Green Green

Group A-5:

Vash the Stampede from Trigun
God from Mind Game

Group A-6:

Nabeshin from Excel Saga
Miu Matsuoka from Strawberry Marshmallow

Group A-7:

Onizuka Eikichi from Great Teacher Onizuka
Kanaria of Rozen Maiden Träumend

Group A-8:

Tomo Takino from Azumanga Daioh
Kuhonbutsu Taishi from Comic Party

Group A-9:

Genzou Soga from Tenshi na Konamaiki
Don Kanonji from Bleach

Group A-10:

Mariya Mikado from Otome wa Onee-sama ni Koi Shiteru
Rin Sawamura from Midori Days

Group A-11:

Saki Kasukabe from Genshiken
Renge-kun from Ouran High School Host Club

Group A-12:

Yukari Tanizaki from Azumanga Daioh
Icchan from Angelic Layer

Group A-13:

Ooji Karasuma from School Rumble
Shinnosuke Nohara from Crayon Shin-chan

Group A-14:

Hikaru Amano from Martian Successor Nadesico
Tanaka Punie from Dai Mahou Touge

Group A-15:

Mr. Aki from Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
Misako Kurata from Kodocha

Group A-16:

Chichiri from Fushigi Yuugi
Freddie (on the right) from Cromartie High School

I can't believe Excel just ended up by complete chance in the first round of the first group... kind of makes me wish there were seeds... but the tournament wasn't set up that way... Anyway... START!

Last edited by PantsGoblin on Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:44 pm; edited 14 times in total
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Heres my votes by VIga

For A1 excel because i seen excel before and ..whoa she's crazy.

For A2 ryu. I chose him mostly because i like him more and his crazy kiddie persona

For A3 Dokuro but its based on the pic.

For A4 Bachi but its based on the pic. i didn't see either of the choices.

FOR A5 Vash because i actually seen his craziness

A6 nabeshin. based on his puni puni performance.

A7 onizuka. oh come on! GTO was funny because of his odd behavior and craziness

A8 taishi. i read the manga, watched the anime and starting on rev.

A9 genzou. again based on the pic

A10 Rin. based on the pic

A11 Saki Kasukabe! yes in that moment of ep 4 with the broom. yes! plus some of the other outburst she had in genshiken.

A12 Yukari oh my! She is like an adult tomo in azudai. my fave crazy moment is when she was trying to get that video game.

a13 shin of shin chan? of course. the butt dance, the elephant thing. lol

a14 amano-san just based on the pic

a15 aki based on the pic.

a16 Even though he doesnt say a word FREDDIE. his presence in cromartie is crazy enough.
Hisdon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:44 pm Reply with quote
meh, I'll give it a shot with my limited character knowledge.

A-1: Excel, easily. Personally i havn't got to it yet but maaan, have I seen some previews, girl's nuts.

A-2: Keroro I havn't seeen either, but come on, frogs in space, srsly.

A-3 Dokoru-chan, havn't seen either, but that pic is wwaaaay more convincing of craziness

A-4: This is a toughy, both look like ecentric guys, so I'm gonna go with the fatty, Bacchi-gu

A-5: I'm gonna go with Vash here since I've actually seen Trigun, however that God does look like quiet the fruit cake.

A-6: I'm gonna go with Nabeshin since he's in Excel Saga, which is just oozing with random insanity

A-7: Onizuka, hands down, the guy is nuts

A-8: Tomo wins for me here, that ep where she is trying to make that food sound like the word penis had me rolling on the ground.

A-9: Don Kanonji wins here, SPIRITS ARE ALWAYS WITH YOU!!!!!

A-10: I'm gonna go with Mariya since a guy going to an all girl's school by cross dressing just sounds like trouble

A-11: Saki based on the pic pretty much

A-12: Yukari wins for me here, like most charcters in Azumanga Diaoh she was just reaking with insanity

A-13: Shinnosuke cause A) the show is just plain crazy B) that dance scares me =(

A-14: Tanaka based off the pic, she just looks more capable of doing something funny

A-15: Mr. Aki, I think this is pretty undisputable, specially after the Hollowwood episode

A-16: Freddie cause he just sounds and looks like a hilarious character

this thread has already added about 5 things to my to see list also...so many hilarious looking shows.

Last edited by Hisdon on Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:04 pm Reply with quote
As for me...

Group A-1:

Excel. She's pretty much what I think of when I think "Crazy" and "Anime". I haven't seen the other anime either... but I already know she's going to win anyway.

Group A-2:

Well, I haven't seen Gravitation... but Keroro is pretty crazy from what I've seen of him... so I'm voting for him... de arimasu.

Group A-3:

Dokuro-chan definately. She's just plain crazy... in more than one way actually.

Group A-4:

I know neither of them. Just based on what little I know of each characters though, I'm going with Bacchi-gu.

Group A-5:

Although, I haven't really seen either that much, I'm going with God. I mean, I don't even know what the hell it is... that's pretty crazy.

Group A-6:

Kind of a hard choice, since I like both of them. But I the crazy scale, Nabeshin definately wins out. A lot of what he does doesn't even make sense and completely defies logic, unlike Miu.

Group A-7:

Onizuka. That face really says it all. Plus, even though I haven't gotten to her character in Rozen Maiden, Kanaria doesn't strike me as crazy.

Group A-8:

Oh, this is really hard for me, since I love Tomo, and Taishi is my favorite character of Comic Party. They're both pretty crazy, and while I personally find Taishi funnier, Tomo probably is the crazier one, although, not by a huge amount.

Group A-9:

I don't know the first character. But Don Kanonji certainly fits the crazy (and very funny) type, so I'm voting for him.

Group A-10:

Honestly, neither of these are really that great of choices imo. Just going with the picture and voting for Rin.

Group A-11:

I regret not seeing Ouran yet, I plan to. I'm voting for Saki at this point. Although, I plan on watching Ouran very soon, so I may change my vote (changing votes is allowed btw, I should probably add that...)

Group A-12:

This is another hard one for me, I find both of them almost equally crazy... Yukari's a bit more loud about it though, and just comes off as a bit more crazy, so I'm going with Yukari, although, I can see either of them going on to the next round...

Group A-13:

Hmm, ya. Definately Shin-chan. Karasuma's kind of crazy, but he's not on the same level as Shin. I just can't compare them...

Group A-14:

Both of these aren't that great of choices... I'm going with the one that I at least know though. Hikaru.

Group A-15:

I don't know the character from Kodocha. Mr. Aki fits the bill fine though, so I'm voting for him/her.

Group A-16:

Chichiri never struck me as that crazy from what I've seen of him. And those costumes... ya, Freddie wins.

Hisdon wrote:
since I havn't seen most of these I'm gonna have to sit this round out I guess : (

How many are you talking about? You can easily get by with 50%. If you're saying you only know like one of them though... ya, there's not much I can do about that...

To tell you the truth, there's a lot of characters that I didn't know either. It's a good chance for you to get to know other characters also (I can tell you, that after doing the "Moe Tournament", the number of characters I got to know and become familiar with must have doubled or tripled).

If you want, you can take a look at the previous tournament and see how we dealt with not knowing characters... most of the time, it was based on pictures though... but, sometimes people provided some good explainations of characters.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Jeez, I'm going to have to watch more anime! Shocked Very Happy

A-1: Excel - I haven't seen the anime but I've heard...things.

A-2: Ryuichi Sakuma - You gotta love a guy who likes to be in Bunny suits

A-3: Dokura-chan - I haven't seen this one either but I have to vote for an angel that beats people to death with a spiked club.

A-4: Hanagata - One I haven't seen either but he's a better dresser than the other guy.

A-5: Vash the Stampede - Only heard things about this guy but he gets my vote.

A-6: Miu Matsuoka - Cute little girls get votes before guys who look like snot is going to come out of their noses any second.

A-7: Eikichi Onizuka - Pervert and teacher and gang member...why not?

A-8: Tomo Takino - Have seen this one. This hyper-nutcase defintely deserves a vote!

A-9: Don Kanonji - I'm watching Bleach right now but haven't seen him yet but he gets the vote just because of viewing.

A-10: Mariya Mikado - I voted for her because I'd like to see the series eventually.

A-11: Renge-kun - I love the manga and her few appearances. I'm sure I'll enjoy her when the anime arrives here.

A-12: Icchan - Another one where there is NO QUESTION why I have to vote for him..."OGATA!! PUNISHMENT!!!!"

A-13: Shinnosuke Nohara - Okay, I thought about this one over dinner and the only reason I've changed my mind is because of the "Top 5 Shin-isms" on the ANN Home Page. Any little snot that that does the "elephant dance" in the middle of a supermarket, should "run like the little bastard you are"!

A-14: Hikaru Amano - The entire cast of Nadesico should be on here but as the first one to appear...Thumbs up!

A-15: Misako Kurata - You have to vote for someone who walks around with a squirrel on her head.

A-16: Chichiri - My second anime series watched. You have to like a guy that keeps a spare face!

Last edited by LydiaDianne on Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
omar235

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:25 pm Reply with quote
lets see:

Group A-1:

Excel from Excel Saga: she's...well pure madness, once she gets going with something she keeps going with it. I liked her loud behavior and crazy fits of joy. I also found her devotion to Ilpalazzo (heh cant believe I remembered how to spell that) crazy in its self. She also did some crazy jobs (sorry I wouldn't clean toilets) plus she always threaten to eat that dog. Twisted Evil

Group A-2:

Ryuichi Sakuma from Gravitation: All that cos play was crazy plus he always broke the ice with a comment that was "out there"

Group A-3:

Dokuro-chan from Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan: she's a real piece of work with her quick temeper, odd personality, and bad habit of killing Sakura by hacking him with her bat which is crazy in a sick sorta was but crazy none the less...god I love that bat. Very Happy

Group A-4:

Bacchi-Gu from Green Green: oh this guy was a bit on the weird crazy side, he for some reason liked wearing girls under wear and drank the water they bathed in...I think that says it all. Shocked

Group A-5:

God from Mind Game I'll change to god after reading what others put. I originally chose Vash by default but now I know God is crazy.

Group A-6:

Nabeshin from Excel Saga:
I never under stood why he was running so much in the begining (maybe I'll have to watch it again) but this guy did some crazy fight scenes and he was a bit paranoid...

Group A-7:

Onizuka Eikichi from Great Teacher Onizuka: This guy was crazy in a scary/funny way...he made sure all the kids respected him. I also liked his crazy attitude when he got angry.

Group A-8:

Tomo Takino from Azumanga Daioh: she was funny and LOUD...she was so hyper and she kept trying to out match everybody...her personality was everywhere...so crazly energetic I guess is the best way to say it. Wink

Group A-9:

Don Kanonji from Bleach: He was weird and a very "out there" character as in he was never really phased about the things that went on behind him.

Group A-10:

Mariya Mikado from Otome wa Onee-sama ni Koi Shiteru: You have to be crazy to turn a guy into a girl...seriously though her personality was one of a carefree crazy "bubbly" if you will. She also put some skimpy clothes on and put Mizuho in some "tight" situations...though I've only seen the first episode.

Group A-11:

Saki Kasukabe from Genshiken: saki was more of the crazy type compared to renge.

Group A-12:

Yukari Tanizaki from Azumanga Daioh: one crazy teach...if you have seen it then you know...she's like a five year old.

Group A-13:

Shinnosuke Nohara from Crayon Shin-chan:
I haven't seen it but the other guy isn't crazy at all.

Group A-14:

Tanaka Punie from Dai Mahou Touge Changed cause I went back and watched it since Wolverine Princess thought she deserved a vote and since I haven't seen it I did and well...damn Shocked

Group A-15:

Mr. Aki from Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi: he/she/it's crazy on so many levels...period.

Group A-16:

Freddie (on the right) from Cromartie High School: I have only seen him and he's out there...too bad there wasn't someone like him at my school...it would have been interesting at the least. Wink

Well thats it I suppose...I'll probably have to get back to you on some of these...sheesh it took an hour and a half to do.

Last edited by omar235 on Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Group A-1:

Here, Excel gets my vote. I've seen Happiness!, and I enjoy Hachi's antics -- but he hardly qualifies as anywhere near as nuts as Excel. Having said that, I've always felt that Excel's nuttiness is simply misunderstood devotion.

Group A-2:

Keroro... he's the only possible choice. Can't go wrong with alien froggy conquerors.

Group A-3:

Come on, guys.... Kogoro Mouri isn't crazy. He's a lowbrow, venial, lecherous, pompous blowhard. But he's not nuts.

Good thing there's a perfect example of actual insanity in this group: Dokuro-chan. Because we all know that the only appropriate response to a guy seeing your panties is to splatter his brains all over the room. Repeatedly.

She gets my vote.

Group A-4:

Not two series that I'm overly familiar with. I've seen enough of Green Green, though, to convince me that Bacchi-Gu satisfies the clinical definition of nucking futs.

Group A-5:

Again, a mismatch. Vash the Stampede isn't crazy. A few madcap antics notwithstanding, he's a man (sort of) living a personal philosophy of nonviolence in a horribly violent world. That's not insane, that's admirable. Love and peace, folks.

Fortunately, Mind Game's God is absolutely round the bend, and gets my vote.

Group A-6:

Nabeshin is cracked. Sure. But he is totally owned by the tiny figure of Matsuoka Miu, who even manages to infect her surroundings with her focussed insanity.

Group A-7:

Again, two characters that I don't really find insane. Loony and funny, but hardly nuts enough to qualify for this tournament. Here, I'm going to have to go with personal prefernce, and vote for Kanaria.

Group A-8:

Hmm. Okay... both nuts. Check. Both extroverted in the worst possible way.... check. Tight race...

After soul-searching, I've decided to vote for Taishi. If for nothing else, then for his ability to show up anywhere (an ability he shares with Angelic Layer's Icchan and Ouran High School Host Club's Renge-kun) to expound his personal philosophy of doujinshi.

Group A-9:

Soga is earnest and funny, not crazy. But Don Kan'onji is completely barking mad. He gets my vote.

Group A-10:

Mariya is a typical tsundere girl. All her gears don't exactly lock but she isn't nuts. Neither is Rin Sawamura, but Rin will do until the real thing comes along, and Rin gets my vote.

Group A-11:

As intimated earlier, there can be only one possible winner of this group. Renge easily beats the far more stable Saki.

Group A-12:
Oh, my. Decisions, decisions. Yukari has obviously never matured beyond the age of 5, whereas Icchan, behind his facade of insanity, has a serious and adult agenda.

But Icchan is just completely loony, and subjects his hapless assistant to what can only be described as torture. Icchan gets my vote.

Group A-13:

Karasuma-kun is out of this world (literally), but there is absolutely no way he can match the Japanese Dennis the Menace: Shinnosuke Nohara (Shin-chan) gets my vote, easily.

Group A-14:

No real strong opinions in this group, I'll randomly vote for Hikaru Amano.

Group A-15:

No contest. Sure Mr. Aki has his moments, but Mama is in a league of her own. Kurata Misako gets my vote, hands down.

Group A-16:

I've got my radio tuned to Radio Ga-Ga and it tells me to go googoo for Freddie.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:41 pm Reply with quote
A-1: Excel. The ever hyperactive Excel is one of the craziest.

A-2: Ryuichi Sakuma. He throws a stuffed animal at people, enough said.

A-3: Dokuro-chan. Not familiar with either series, but the picture hurts just to look at.

A-4: Hanagata. He's so flamboyant it's a source of great humor.

A-5: God I guess. I've never seen Mind Game but the picture just makes him look stupid (in a good way).

A-6: Nabeshin. Excel Saga as a whole is one crazy series.

A-7: Eikichi Onizuka. Not familiar with either series and I couldn't decide through the pictures, so I flipped a coin.

A-8: Tomo Takino. Chiyo had to get an "idiot" for a scavenger hunt, and she chose Tomo.

A-9: Don Kanonji. "BWAHAHAHAHA!"

A-10: Rin Sawamura. See A-7

A-11: Renge-kun. Now this was a tough one; but I'm going to have to go with the girl who ascends on a spinning motor at completely random moments and places.

A-12: Yukari Tanizaki. She purposely tricks her students, drinks, and holds blackmail over fellow teachers.

A-13: Shinnosuke Nohara. The dub's lewd dialogue aside, Shin still does crazy things.

A-14: Hikaru Amano. Only really familiar with Nadesico, but she was a fun character.

A-15: Mr Aki. *Looks at picture* That's a Mister!?

A-16: Freddie. Cromartie High School is full of crazy, out of place characters; any of them should go deep into this thing.
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Group A-1:

Excel, of course. I've only seen the first episode of Happiness, but that's enough to know that Hachie would rightfully have his butt whupped by Excel in a battle-to-the-death crazy antics match.

Group A-2:

Ryuichi Sakuma. He's my favorite "child (figuratively) trapped in an adult's body" character of all time, and he makes for a seizure-inducingly adorable plush doll (which I am a proud owner of Very Happy ).

Group A-3:

Dokuro-chan, hands down. I love that little insane beyotch to pieces, and she absolutely deserves to win this tournament. I'm going to be rooting for her all the way to the end!

Group A-4:

I haven't seen Green Green, so I'm going to say Hanagata. I rented the first Saber Marionette J DVD from the library a few months ago, and I kept putting off watching it until it was almost a week over-due. Due to time constraints, I fast-forwarded through all scenes that did not have Hanagata in them because every single scene with him in it is ball-bustingly hilarious.

Group A-5:

I haven't seen Mind Game yet, but based on the picture I'm going to say God since I don't think Vash is crazy at all. He's a very funny guy, but that disturbing bee-thing looks positively evil.

Group A-6:

It was a close call, but I'm going to say Miu-chan. Her infectious antics are the leading factor in my love Ichigo Mashimaro. (And Kylie Beaven's performance as Matsuri's English voice, which was brilliant beyond words. Based on her performance in IM, Kylie could realistically play a three-year-old girl (or possibly even younger) better than most everyone else in the dubbing industry.)

Group A-7:

Eikichi Onizuka, no contest. But what's up with that picture you chose for him? It does not capture his craziness in the slightest! I asked him about it personally, and he said he would rather be represented by this image. (Warning: picture contains an obscene hand gesture.)

Group A-8:

Hmm... Another tough decision, but after doing that "Eeny Meeny Miny Mo" guessing thingy, I'm going to have to go with Tomo-chan. Eeny Meeny Miny Mo has never failed my in decision making, and I place my faith (and Tomo's) in it's hands.

Group A-9:

I haven't seen either of these shows, so I'm going to go with Genzou Soga based on the picture.

Group A-10:

Mariya Mikado, chosen randomly. I don't have any strong feelings for either of these characters

Group A-11:

Another close call, but I pick Renge-kun. Fangirls in real life are a drag to hang out with, but for some reason I found Renge's obsessiveness to be strangely endearing.

Group A-12:

Yukari, just because I haven't seen Angelic Layer yet.

Group A-13:

Shin-chan, without a doubt. I feel kind of sorry for Ooji-kun, he has no chance when paired up with Japan's Bart Simpson.

Group A-14:

Tanaka Punie, no question about it! Why would anyone expect anything less than pure insanity from anime directed by Tsutomu Mizushima?

Group A-15:

Misako Kurata. Haven't seen Abenobashi yet.

Group A-16:

Last edited by Wolverine Princess on Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:54 pm Reply with quote
A-1: I haven't seen Happiness!, but I have a hard time believing the character from there comes anywhere close to matching Excel's insane personality. I'm going for Excel on this one. She's the only character I know who keeps a pet for emergency food.

A-2: Yikes, I don't have much experience with either of these titles. I don't know anything about Gravitation, and I like what I've seen of Keroro from previews, so I'm voting for Keroro this time.

A-3: Although I've never seen Dokuro-chan, I'm familiar enough with Detective Conan to know Kogoro Mouri isn't crazy. Just an exceptionally ill-tempered man. And if that Dokuro-chan gif isn't an example of crazy, I don't know what is. Dokuro-chan.

A-4: I'm not familiar with either of these characters. Judging purely from the pictures, I'm going with Hanagata, because of that glorious huge purple bow.

A-5: No contest here. Vash is funny, but ultimately he knows what's going on; I don't think he's really crazy. God is COMPLETELY out there--if he's truly our divine guide, I'm extemely worried about my life-after-death prospects. Plus it's the only anime character I know who's voiced by over 20 people. I'm voting for God.

A-6: I'm going to go with Nabeshin on this one, as I haven't seen Strawberry Marshmallow. Nabeshin's antics in Excel Saga were just as over-the-top as Excel's were, so I think he probably deserves it.

A-7: I don't think either of these characters are very crazy, personally. I'll vote for Eikichi Onizuka, since I think he's a bit closer to insane.

A-8: I haven't seen Comic Party, so I'm going with Tomo-chan. She kind of reminds me of people I know... My vote goes to Tomo Takino.

A-9: Again, two series I'm not familiar with. However, the picture linked to Genzou Soga looks really scary, like a crazed psycho kind of scary. I'm not really getting the funny-crazy vibe from that, so I'll vote for Don Kanonji.

A-10: I don't really think Rin Sawamura is very crazy, but I haven't seen Otome wa Onee-sama ni Koi Shiteru, and the girl in the picture doesn't seem very crazy to me, either. I guess I'll vote for Rin, since I like her personality (even if it's completely sane).

A-11: Saki isn't crazy; she's just flustered with the people surrounding her and a boyfriend who pays more attention to his hobby than to her. Plus that picture of Renge-kun is completely hilarious, so that's the person who gets my vote.

A-12: Hmm... I'm going to go with Yukari Tanizaki this time. She and Icchan are both characters I really like, but I find her personality just a bit more memorable.

A-13: Little kids are naturally crazy, even outside of anime. Shinnosuke completely reminds me of my little brothers when we were all kids (minus the hitting on adult ladies part). I'm voting for Shin-chan and his happy elephant friend, all the way.

A-14: Never saw Dai Mahou Touge, so I'm going for Hikaru Amano in this round.

A-15: Yikes, that's tough. Everything about Mr./Ms. Aki is over the top, and it was especially gratifying in a strange way to see him dressed as a space pirate with Munemune. But Misako Kurata is completely natural with her craziness; it doesn't need to be thrown in my face to see this woman's nuts. I'm voting for Misako Kurata.

A-16: Freddie wins, hands down. It's been a while since I've seen Fushigi Yuugi, but I sure don't remember Chichiri being very crazy. That Freddie is able to stand out in a hilarious cast of crazed delinquents is an amazing feat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Ah, I can finally participate in the tournament! I missed the last one, unfortunately.

Group A-1:
Excel from Excel Saga. I haven't seen Happiness!, so I wouldn't know enough to vote for Hachisuke. As for craziness, why wouldn't you vote for Excel?

Group A-2:
Keroro from Keroro Gunso. Ryuichi would have been a good choice, but Keroro is 1) a frog and 2) the leader of an army, albeit not a very responsible one. A sergeant doing chores and building Gundam models?!

Group A-3:
Dokuro-chan from Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan. This is solely based on the picture. (What is she doing?! Shocked) Plus, I don't think that Mouri is all that incredibly crazy.

Group A-4:
Hanagata from Saber Marionette J. I've always thought that this series seemed a little weirder than Green Green, but I haven't seen either.

Group A-5:
God from Mind Game. To be honest, I'm not a fan of Vash. Mind Game is just crazy just from looking at it.

Group A-6:
Miu Matsuoka from Strawberry Marshmallow. I like her character a lot more, she's just crazy hilarious.

Group A-7:
Eikichi Onizuka from Great Teacher Onizuka. I never thought anyone from Rozen Maiden would be crazy. This is Onizuka we're talking about!

Group A-8:
Taishi Kuhonbutsu from Comic Party. This was incredibly hard! I decided to go with Taishi because he is one of the most random characters I've seen. I gave Yukari the vote below; she and Tomo-chan is similar.

Group A-9:
Don Kanonji from Bleach. All the way! The other guy looks crazy in a scary way, but Kanonji is just perfect.

Group A-10:
Rin Sawamura from Midori Days. Rin is one of my favorite characters in the series. She is so incredibly insane dragging Seiji around on her bike. That whole spa scene was great.

Group A-11:
Saki Kasukabe from Genshiken. She's crazy for not liking anime. (If she does at the end, don't tell me!) I also need to watch the rest of Ouran, because I don't know Renga-kun well enough. From what I do know, I don't really like her character. I guess she is crazy though...

Group A-12:
Yukari Tanizaki from Azumanga Daioh. She's not under the definition of "crazy?!" I swear!

Group A-13:
Shinnosuke Nohara from Crayon Shin-chan. I wasn't sure about this one. I really don't like Shin-chan, but he's a crazy kid in a crazy, twisted show.

Group A-14:
Hikaru Amano from Martian Successor Nadesico. This is solely based on her picture. I need to watch more anime.

Group A-15:
Mr. Aki from Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi. Um, whoa. This one is also based on the picture. Once again, and very sadly, I have not seen either show. From what I know, Abenobashi is pretty mixed up.

Group A-16:
Freddie from Cromartie High School. I don't find Chichiri weird or crazy at all, on top of the fact that I don't like his character. Freddie (+ the rest of the Cromartie gang), hands down.

Last edited by Aromatic Grass on Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mjgeo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Group A-1: Excel. Just going off the pics, that excel guy looks totally insane, where as Hachi looks like an ordinary high schooler.

A-2: Keroro. Again going on pics. While dressing up as a dog may be a little crazy in real life, it seems rather normal in anime. Aliens on the other hand... well I have trouble imagining any alien not being crazy.

A-3: Dokuro-Chan. Again pics. Even though I saw Mouri's pic, it didn't matter. How can you get crazier than a girl happily crushing some guy's private parts with a giant spiked bat? And is that a halo?

A-4: Hanagata. I don't think either look that crazy, but Hanagata strikes me as eccentric at least. Can't say the same for Bacchi-Gu.

A-5: Vash the Stampede. Vash didn't seem all that crazy to me from the few eps of Trigun I've seen. But he beats God since I have no freaken idea what God is... an ant? Mind you, if I saw a person in real life with a propellor hat I'd think they were crazy.

A-6: Miu Matsuoka. She looks like she is about to cause a hell of a lot of trouble for the fun of it. Nabeshin looks very uncrazy.

A-7: Eikichi Onizuka. He looks more perverted than crazy. But since Kanaria looks plain Jane, perverted looks is all it takes to win this one.

A-8: Tomo Takino. Tbh, I was going to choose her regardless of Taishi's pic, simply because I know she is crazy. Poor Taishi, he would have had my vote in most other groups.

A-9: Genzou Soga. Mainly out of spite for Don Kanonji. Spite for annoying me in every episode he's been in. I don't consider Don crazy, just useless.

A-10: Mariya Mikado. omar235 sold me, since I had nothing else to go on and neither pic looks all that crazy. I'm guessing neither one will last long in the comp though.

A-11: Saki Kasukabe. Let's just say I'm going off the pics and Saki is scaring the hell out of everybody, including me.

A-12: Yukari Tanizaki. A safe bet, since I know she is crazy and know nothing of Icchan. I consider her the craziest of the Azumanga Daioh cast, too.

A-13: Ooji Karasuma. For the same reason as A-12.

A-14: Tanaka Punie. Hikaru looks nerdy, and nerds can't be crazy. Using that infallible logic, Tanaka can't be any less crazy than Hikaru and therefore wins.

A-15: Misako Kurata. Hisdon says it's undisputable to vote against Mr. Aki, and I'd like to dispute that. Also, the squirrel sold me.

A-16: Freddie. I take back what I said about dressing up in anime being normal. Freddie as a bunny doesn't strike me as normal.

Edit: I'd just like to say thanks to PantsGoblin and Frentymon for providing the pics and setting up the comp. Looks like a lot of fun.
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:12 pm Reply with quote
A-1: Excel- she is just one of the craziest characters I've ever seen in anything.

A-2: Keroro- Although i haven't got more than 16 episodes in this show i think Keroro is just freaking awesome and hasan extremely wierd personality.

A-3: Dokuro-chan- This angel from anime will almost do anything to stop the pedophile!! and with her crazy Excalibong, she'll do so.

A-4: Bacchi-Gu- I only chose her because i dont remember musch from Saber Marionette J

A-5: Vash the Stampede- Even when he's in danger he jokes around, thats just crazy coming from the world he lives in

A-6: Nabeshin-Naturally the 2nd craziest character in Excel and Puni Puni Poemi, i love his fro

A-7: Eikichi Onizuka-He's just a pimped out teacher who i fell in love with

A-8: Tomo Takino-Although i didn't like her she was freaking funny when she gets competitive.

A-9: Don Kanonji- All i have to say is BWAHAHAHA!!

A-10: Mariya Mikado-She was the only character i liked in this show

A-11: Renge-kun-Whoever installs a whole power generated chair rising floor that can pop out of no where is in this for me.

A-12: Icchan-His punishments are just the funniest thing ever, and i wouldnt think of em until i saw him.

A-13: Shinnosuke Nohara-Anyone who doesnt care about being seen naked even when "transforming" into a super hero is just awesome.

A-14: Tanake Punie-All i can say is that she is just crazy.

A-15: Mr. Aki-Second or third best cross-dresser in anime.

A-16: Freddie-The whole reson i watched this show was to see what Freddie would do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
d.yaro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Oh boy... Another tournament! And I don't recognize anything close to half the clowns in the running. Thus the lack of decent explanations on why I voted for the ones I voted for. Sorry!

A-1 - Excel - nice pic...

A-2 - Keroro - ...iMac like product placement eh.

A-3 - Dokoruo-chan - haven't seen the show but the graphic is "different"

A-4 - Hanagata - gets vote for odd tastes in clothes

A-5 - God - don't ask... I haven't seen either show/movie in this toss-up.

A-6 - Matsuoka Miu - gets vote based on "Dangerous looking kid" impression of pic.

A-7 - Onizuka Eikichi - Yup, that pic doesn't do him any justice. If it wasn't for the one presented by Wolverine Princess this would've been decided on a coin toss.

A-8 - Takino Tomo - Bonkuras Rule!

A-9 - Don Kanonji - Another vote for odd clothing...

A-10 - Mikado Mariya - decided on a coin toss...

A-11 - Kasukabe Saki - The rules said to vote for someone eh...

A-12 - Tanizaki Yukari - ...and the "Yukari-Mobile"... There can't possibly be an ounce of common sense in her character.

A-13 - Nohara Shinnosuki - coin toss...

A-14 - Amano Hikaru - just because... Hmm... Where's the excrutiating punning buddy of hers?

A-15 - Mr. Aki - Love the makeup job...

A-16 - Freddie - Oh...That Freddie?
undeadben

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:43 pm Reply with quote
If you don't wan't to read everything just to count votes, like many here, I bolded only the name my vote getter in each group.

Group A-1: Excel gets my vote. spoiler[Keeping a dog as emergency food] is enough for this choice. I'll add more reasons if she goes against some tougher competition later.

Group A-2: Can't go wrong with a frog with plans for world conquest. Keroro gets my vote.

Group A-3: Dokuro-chan is my choice here. I haven't seen the show, but I have seen some of her reactions to certain situations. Yikes!

Group A-4: Bacchi-Gu is my vote getter here, if only because Hanagata is more annoying than crazy.

Group A-5: Vash the Stampede was one of my nominations and he gets my vote. spoiler[Bawling in french and recognizing it in the middle of being chased by a mob] is not exactly sane.

Group A-6: I haven't seen a lot of Strawberry Marshmallow but the little I have seen of Miu Matsuoka tells me she outstrips Nabeshin here. Miu Matsuka gets my vote.

Group A-7: Wacky life lessons and unique assignments, I don't particularly find him crazy but Eikichi Onizuka gets my vote.

Group A-8: Tomo-chan gets my vote here. Every competition (actually sometimes the other person is not even aware that there is a competition), is an opportonity to not lose, or at least not lose by much.

Group A-9: I vote Don Kanonji. You have to be crazy to go demon hunting when you know they exist and that you don't really stand a chance.

Group A-10: I can't believe Nabeshin goes out in the opening and one of these two advances. Neither is really crazy but I'm going with Mariya on personal preference.

Group A-11: I'm going with the grand otaku who somehow makes sense. I vote Renge here.

Group A-12: I'll go with Yukari, I haven't seen any Angelic Layer at all, but I can't find anything that would convince me Icchan is more nuts than Yukari.

Group A-13: I have not seen either show, though School Rumble is on my list, however for this one I'm going with Shinnosuke Nohara just because he seems to be getting the most votes so far.

Group A-14: Voting almost randomly because I don't know the characters. My vote here goes to Hikaru Amano because so many people were talking about Martian Successor Nadesico when we were doing the nominations.

Group A-15: Based on the incredibly little I have seen of either show, Mr. Aki gets my vote since I can actually remember a crazy antic I have seen.

Group A-16: Chichiri was another of my nominations, but only when we were struggling to fill slots. He's one of my favorite characters but he's not completely crazy. I vote Freddie.

ETA
I wanted to add a big, "Thank You!" for organizing this tournament. It obviously takes some time and it is appreciated. I know I'm gonna enjoy the heck out of it, especially once the competition starts getting tight.

Last edited by undeadben on Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 64