• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Okamikakushi - Masque of the Wolf (TV)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it's always fun when a show goes off on an "...and now for something completely different!" jag for its final show. The results can be spectacularly weird (i.e. Moonphase) but usually interesting.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
The results can be spectacularly weird (i.e. Moonphase) but usually interesting.
Great now I remember that duck. Well at least the dress was not that bad, or had little effect on me, probably thank other titles for that hapening to me.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to have to agree with you guys on episode 12.

I thought it was just funny in every way and it is easily my fav episode of the series. Also Hiro makes a pretty good cross dresser Anime hyper

Any way I don't think there's any more source material? I could be wrong for all I know, so I don't think where getting a season 2. But there isn't a need for it the show ended with all questions answered really.

My final thoughts are, it's ok for something Ryukishi07 wrote. Animation wise it's much better then Umineko in terms of quality. The music was great to, I can't wait till a ost sound track comes out. Story wise it was "meh" Higurashi pulled off a plot like this better. Designs where good seeing as it was Peach-Pit and I like there designs for almost everything,

I hope this gets picked up for a U.S release, thought it seems like it would fit a sub only release. Maybe Section23 films should get on it?
Niomo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, i enjoyed the 12th episode too. Its a shame that they couldn't throw some of these short stories into the "real" show. It probably would have done better.

Overall, I rate this as 3rd best of the R07 works. Higu is #1, Umi is 2 and this is 3. I personally liked Umi's plot a bit more than this, probably because i'm a sucker for alternate realities and restarting scenarios when you lose Razz

And higu, well Higu is Higu. It cannot be beaten.
12skippy21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:41 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if this show would have worked better has a offbeat harem comedy which parodies the horror genre? Just a thought.

Well the show ended reasonably well. I found this episode funnier than the accumulation of episodes of Chu-Bra anyway.

Niomo wrote:

There is no way to argue against that comprehensible logic Very Happy
ninjapet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:14 pm Reply with quote
I kind of like Umineko better but it's really up to what type of story you like with your mystery.

but I like Skippy's thing. It does seems like it would have been funnier as a offbeat harem parodying the horror gene.
shogun22

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:21 am Reply with quote
12skippy21 wrote:
I wonder if this show would have worked better has a offbeat harem comedy which parodies the horror genre? Just a thought.

Well the show ended reasonably well. I found this episode funnier than the accumulation of episodes of Chu-Bra anyway.

Niomo wrote:

There is no way to argue against that comprehensible logic Very Happy

I plan to watch this series (catching up on shows I skipped before while I wait for new shows/episodes to arrive).
I heard that Ookami Kakushi isn't that bad, but many people gave it a low rating because they were expecting it to be some sort of "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" clone.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8