• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shirobako (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:09 am Reply with quote
Episode 14

Wow, that VA picking was spoiler[a nightmare], those people spoiler[helping were only looking out for their own interests in the project]. Personally I had the thought I actually kind of like it when spoiler[someone not known suddenly makes it into a fairly large role, it can feel like more went into a decision other than politics]. Makes it feel kind of special. Although it made sense that such things would be discussed.

So spoiler[close to picking Shizuka], the director really should have spoiler[gone with his gut, hopefully something will get her the role]. Well the other tspoiler[wo managed to get on which s good, although kind of came out of nowhere that she got a CG job along with the project]. And there are strong points that the original creator spoiler[of the project they are on has no idea what is happening].

As for the ending, really hoping they spoiler[don't go with the aptly named Studio Titanic, from initial appearances there was a fairly large problem in seeing if they are professional]. Their outside looked kind of spoiler[cool, but it is almost like that ship sinking is a warning, being asked if they are picky is awful].
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:17 am Reply with quote
I was honestly hoping spoiler[Shizuka would of won the role. It was a valuable experience for her at least. And after watching the latest episode, I have grown a keen interest in the voice acting industry. The argument during the episode at the meeting was pretty neat too.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yuna49

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:40 am Reply with quote
I suspect Shizuka will get some role in the show along the way. Either one of the seiyuu for the roles she voiced will have a conflict, or she'll get a supporting role of some kind.

I always imagined that production committees struggle with the conflicting agendas of their members as this episode portrayed. I suspect the music people are likely the most difficult group to deal with, too. They're always looking for a way to promote their talent regardless of the show. In Shinsekai Yori, Kanazawa Hana sings an insert song which is later used as the second ED. The song made some sense in its original context, but it was fairly irrelevant to the content of the second half of the show. Its real purpose was revealed a few weeks after it first appeared when Kanazawa released a new album.
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:16 am Reply with quote
Yeah red head will get in one way or another, thought I would have rather they just take her now instead of setting up some fake surprise like this.

I do wonder if they actually have paid research assistant, seems like that job would have disappeared with the internet, especially for people without specific knowledge of the subject.

I liked the new guys introduction, the way they subtlety hinted that he had connection but poor work ethic by telling us he had 5 year of experience and worked at 5 different place, was rather nicely done without hitting us over the head (I would have liked if he didn't say so afterward).

Rather like this episode, nothing special about it but it was just solid.
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Finally caught up with this great show. Anyway, another great episode, the three VA committee reps got a little overbearing but overall I thought it was hilarious and quite true to life. I wonder how many more episodes left before spoiler[all the girls finally make their movie together]

meiam wrote:
I do wonder if they actually have paid research assistant, seems like that job would have disappeared with the internet, especially for people without specific knowledge of the subject.

Not necessarily, some recent sci-fi anime I've seen still have sci-fi advisers listed in the credits and even some mecha musume shows have a historical advisor. As they mentioned in the show, I'm sure all the military otaku would go nuts if they spotted any inaccurate facts about the planes.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Episode 15:

Well that was kinda fun. spoiler[Another character about designs although I wasn't too impressed by them. Also, the more I watch the mascots, the more I smile. Idk why but their presence makes every episode to turn out to be really amusing.]

spoiler[Seems like some bad news hit at the end but what can you do, nothing in life is perfect.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Figures. spoiler[The original author (or at least his editor) didn't seem to care about the anime at all but now they're screwing things over for everyone.]

Quite the info dump this episode. It was presented well but I have to wonder why they're going so in depth about the anime making process now instead of earlier when they were doing Exodus.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:38 am Reply with quote
Episode 15

When they talked about music, about how they split the tone and will only use music when the time is right I suddenly decided to pay attention to the music happening in the show. And I noticed that music really is not playing for a quite a number of scenes, and will start up at certain times that likely do enhance it, I never really payed attention.

There was a lot explained in this episode, and I think that it did a good job if it was meant to show spoiler[that the new people would feel quite intimidated with their new work]. A lot went on, but I think the episode was saying that it was okay to feel a little overwhelmed, I personally paused multiple times to understand what was happening. The mascots created a balance between asking why there is another meeting and explaining how all the different parts pulled the project together.

By the end it looks like the spoiler[Author finally got a hold of what they should have much earlier on], they said it was a spoiler[problem with character design but apparently it is making them start over]. If it is spoiler[starting over I wonder what the second time around] will be like.

Also I quite like some of these new characters, the girl with stripe in hair (I think it is Andou) especially.
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:36 pm Reply with quote
After all this talk about the mangaka, I hoping we'll finally see him next ep.
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:48 am Reply with quote
Meh, people will always tell you to change stuff on project just so they justify being in the loop, nobody want to say nothing because it make it seems like there lazy, they should just ignore him and he wouldn't even notice. Once the first episode air it'll be too late to change it anyway and if the author make a big deal about it people will just see it as an author being "special", so long as they make it look good they hold all the card. Twisted Evil

The real thing he should be asking for re-do is the 3D plane, I've yet to see any /plane/mech/sci fi anime where the 3D was as good as hand drawn. I gladly take much less action in scene with plane than having them be in 3D.

I kinda wish they wouldn't use the puppet to explain what was going on, much more interesting to understand it naturally as you see what's going on than having someone tell you.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, I'd love to have someone like spoiler[Ogasawara join my team if I was to ever play softball. What a pro. The latest episode's creativity in regards to character designs was also fun to watch like usual. Good episode.]
Ingraman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Goth-Loli spoiler[softball]! Cute spoiler[exercises]! I spoiler[had tears in my eyes at the end of] today's episode...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:24 am Reply with quote
Episode 16

That would be pretty annoying. The author just saying spoiler[it lacks cuteness without explaining what it is that he wanted that they thought made it "cute", because it was not moe type but I think focus on specific traits]. But there was other parts too, like that infuriating editor who thspoiler[inks that he has actually helped with anything]. And also that Daisuke guy who spoiler[was pretty much causing trouble with saying how she should do things].

On the other hand, Goth-loli was awesome. And the exercise.
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Good episode. Goth-loli Ogasawara's segment was great. And I loved the car drifting scene, lol. Also, I really like the soundtrack's jazz pieces.
meiam

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:21 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
And also that Daisuke guy who spoiler[was pretty much causing trouble with saying how she should do things].

Daisuke (silver haired kid right?) was right ignoring the author was the right choice. What little improvement they got by modifying the character design is dwarfed by the loss of quality they'll get by having to rush the final few episode when time catch up to them.

imo if she can't take that kind of decision she'll never get very far, he at least seems willing to take the hard choice that'll pay off in the future.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 11