• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Michiko and Hatchin (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alestal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:14 am Reply with quote
Anybody else ball their eyes out during the ending?

It was so emotional spoiler[michiko going to jail for YEARS, its tough to process].. but it makes me love the show more because these women are tough as hell.

I loved how the 1st and last episodes both started with Hatchin making eggs, it was such a nice touch.

The ending song is really great and totally captures the mood.

Anyway, this series was a GREAT re-watch, and thats why it makes it WORTH buying. I hope this gets licensed.
Norse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:52 pm Reply with quote
I loved the series the first time through, and then I watched it again and I just loved it even more.

The slower, more episodic parts of the second half gained a lot more meaning, and I caught how Michiko or Hatchin's characters and relationship developed more and more with each one.

And it definitely had one of my favorite final episodes/endings ever. It was just so good, so emotional. In general, the whole series hits you pretty good in your soft inside parts.

I still cry every time I hear a new anime is being licensed and it isn't this show. I swear to god I would've bought this twice.
Norse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Funi's putting Trigun on Blu-Ray now... Instead of just licensing series that are supposed to be on Bluray. Like this one.

They're gonna run themselves into the ground with this crap.
LaFreccia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:57 pm Reply with quote
I finally finished this series. Whereas it was a really well made and original show, the plot didn't hold me. Michiko was an awesome character, though -- she would obviously go through anything for those she cared about. The fact that society couldn't find a way to channel her awesomeness into something positive is a shame.

As to the end, I didn't feel cheated, but I wasn't that wrapped up in it. spoiler[It seemed weird to me that the happily forever after that Michiko kept promising just evaporated.]
Aoi_Sakaraba

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:22 pm Reply with quote
LaFreccia wrote:
I finally finished this series. Whereas it was a really well made and original show, the plot didn't hold me. Michiko was an awesome character, though -- she would obviously go through anything for those she cared about. The fact that society couldn't find a way to channel her awesomeness into something positive is a shame.

As to the end, I didn't feel cheated, but I wasn't that wrapped up in it. spoiler[It seemed weird to me that the happily forever after that Michiko kept promising just evaporated.]

I thought it worked out just fine. In the end hatchin did find michiko didn't she? Yes
There is a difference between the happy ending, and the realistically happy ending. In anime you get all types of endings. Although I must admit that there is so much anime these day you get "a lot" of shows with all these different types of endings.

Very common endings:

Happy: everyone is ok, and life goes on like it did all throughout the series.

Memory Loss: These endings are also very common. a main character loses their memory, and lives happily without it, or they meet their lover and remember it all again and live happy as well.

Emo: Everyone dies, and 1-2 characters live happy again

No ending: VERY COMMON: the show really has no ending, just keeps going as it was. This is common for series that they want to try to make a sequel series.

etc etc

Michiko to Hatchin a reasonably original ending to a very original series.
Michiko came back years later, and who knew hatchin would have a Bastard Child with some random guy.
Lil Kis

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:14 pm Reply with quote
I know i'm late talking about this show but the first episode of which I have only seen was fantastic. This seems like it will be a really great and interesting show. I got this because it was by the makers of Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo and can't wait to see the rest 21 more episodes to go of michiko and Hatchin and then we have Space Dandy from the creators of all 3 past shows I have mentioned above.

My favorite shows by the same creator in order.

Cowboy Bebop is a instant classic
than Michiko & Hatchin
Samurai Champloo
Space Dandy I can't comment on because I have not seen it yet but cannot wait to pick up that show when it's released.

Hatchin seems like she will be my favorite character of the pairing of these 2 fine women. I feel bad the way she is treated in the first episode but I'm thinking that things will be better for her later down the road in the show.

Anyways take care everyone and have a great day
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8