• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodomo no Jikan Anime's Return Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chicogrande

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Takeyo wrote:
jenthehen wrote:
I just like to let people know that there IS more to the story than that. It is a far cry from ... I don't know ... what's that doujin ... ComicLO or something?

Comic LO is not a doujinshi. It's a professionally published, monthly anthology.

. . . and, yeah, I feel icky for even knowing that.

It has some of the most appealing covers of any magazine. They are pretty works of illustration art. Knowing what goes on in the pages inside only makes the irony even heavier. Shocked
sadkingbilly

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:14 pm Reply with quote
hissatsu01 wrote:

Why is it so rare for people to ever show up and claim to like KnJ or other lolicon oriented material for the fanservice? C'mon, let your freak flag fly! You're going to get a lot of grief, but I at least would find the honesty refreshing. I don't think it's impossible to like the show for the plot, but I find the almost complete absence of fans who actually admit to liking the fanservice just a bit unlikely.

What a strange marketing strategy, to heavily emphasize fanservice in a show and its associated merchandise, then have next to no one admit to liking that fanservice. I guess the people who buy the merchandise buy it for the ironic value.

Well, I for one are an absolute fan of the fanservice in KnJ. Not only that but I read a lot of other 'loli manga' as well. Also most of them for the fanservice. I think a lot of people won't admit to that out of fear of being called a pedophile (because drawings are identical to people, therefore I'm certainly a child rapist.. lol, because people watching "rambo" or horrormovies normally go around maiming and killing people for fun, because, well, they DO look at that kind of stuff, so that makes sense... NOT!) so they insist they read it for the story. (which I do as well since it's fun and sometimes exciting and large pieces of it are recognisable from my own childhood)

Funny how people reading tentacle rape manga or gore stuff condemn me for reading KnJ while I find their interests a lot more disturbing. Seems you have to leave children (even drawn ones!) alone but as soon as a drawing sports a couple of FF size tits it doesn't matter what you do to her. People are so full of..

(ps: I would love and hate to see Aoki respond to Rin the way she wants. It would be good fanservice but after that the story would simply be over)
jenthehen

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:26 pm Reply with quote
sadkingbilly wrote:

(ps: I would love and hate to see Aoki respond to Rin the way she wants. It would be good fanservice but after that the story would simply be over)

Honestly, though ... when you pay close attention, she doesn't REALLY want him to react that way. The whole point is to get attention / a rise out of him and others. It would freak her out. This is shown by how spoiler[embarrassed she gets at the idea of him or others finding out about her masturbation habits ... also she freaked out when he was going to show her his **** so that she would tell which kid was being bullied - she didn't REALLY want him to show her.] With Rin, she doesn't really fully appreciate everything that she says, and she is by no means ready for a sexual relationship with a guy (especially an adult male!)

It's pretty realistic for a kid to SAY inappropriate things, but not really want to act on them.
Annf

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:48 pm Reply with quote
jenthehen wrote:
Honestly, though ... when you pay close attention, she doesn't REALLY want him to react that way.

Additional support for that can be found in the bonus comic in the manga fan book that came out a couple years ago: Rin has a dream in which she asks Aoki to kiss her, and in the dream he immediately complies, giving her a lover's deep-kiss, which causes Rin to freak out in shock. The next day at school (in real life, not the dream) she yells at Aoki, "No putting your tongue in!!" much to Aoki's confusion.

spoiler[But I'm not so sure it's still true at the current point in the story. At the very least, she's been pondering the idea in practical terms now rather than as just some abstract thing to joke about.]
jenthehen

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Annf wrote:
jenthehen wrote:
Honestly, though ... when you pay close attention, she doesn't REALLY want him to react that way.

Additional support for that can be found in the bonus comic in the manga fan book that came out a couple years ago: Rin has a dream in which she asks Aoki to kiss her, and in the dream he immediately complies, giving her a lover's deep-kiss, which causes Rin to freak out in shock. The next day at school (in real life, not the dream) she yells at Aoki, "No putting your tongue in!!" much to Aoki's confusion.

spoiler[But I'm not so sure it's still true at the current point in the story. At the very least, she's been pondering the idea in practical terms now rather than as just some abstract thing to joke about.]

Well, she IS spoiler[older now ... even though that's only what - 11 or 12? When I was that age, though, I may have THOUGHT about sex and "wanted" it ... but not really ... if that makes sense. Rin is just naturally getting more interest in sex.]
JP-kun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Annf wrote:
jenthehen wrote:

WOW, where did you GET THAT?!
Annf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:52 pm Reply with quote
JP-kun wrote:
WOW, where did you GET THAT?!

The fan book? I bought it at either Amazon Japan or Mangaoh, I forget which now. Any store that carries Japanese books should have it, though.
ISBN is 9784575834215
Here's HMV's entry for it:
http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/2627667
sadkingbilly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:12 am Reply with quote
Mine came from the benippon website (as do all my KnJ books), it's not really expensive but transportation to the Netherlands is Sad
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:21 am Reply with quote
Annf, if my experience is correct, that JP-kun is not a real person but a spambot. A normal person wouldn't just register and dig up a 7-months old thread without saying anything specific (that "WOW, where did you GET THAT?!" could be applied to any thread).

If you are not a spambot then please reply to this post, JP-kun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Not if Bill 153 has anything to say about it. Laughing
rinmackie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:36 pm Reply with quote
It's bill 156 and since Kodomo no Jikan runs in a seinen magazine which is probably already age restricted, it should have no effect. So sorry, Mohawk, if you still honestly believe this new law will get rid of things like this, you're sadly mistaken.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Since this has been brought back to view..
chicogrande wrote:
Comic LO is not a doujinshi. It's a professionally published, monthly anthology.

. . . and, yeah, I feel icky for even knowing that.

It has some of the most appealing covers of any magazine. They are pretty works of illustration art. Knowing what goes on in the pages inside only makes the irony even heavier. Shocked[/quote]
It's not only professionally published, you can even buy it on Amazon (but not from overseas).
Takamichi has an artbook out containing all his Comic LO covers, which is also available on the iPhone (but missing some "artistic nude" pieces that are in the print book).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:15 pm Reply with quote
rinmackie wrote:
It's bill 156 and since Kodomo no Jikan runs in a seinen magazine which is probably already age restricted, it should have no effect. So sorry, Mohawk, if you still honestly believe this new law will get rid of things like this, you're sadly mistaken.
Sorry 156, thanks for the correction. BTW this is about the anime not the manga. and re-releasing it would therefore make it fall under the criteria of the bill. I don't want to get rid of it, just keep it underground where it belongs. Wink

Last edited by Mohawk52 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
einhorn303

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:16 pm Reply with quote
rinmackie wrote:

Seinen magazines aren't (generally) age-restricted. They're just age-targeted.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Well, it's not likely kids are reading magazines targeted at men. Even so, I believe storekeepers could get in trouble for selling adult material to children. And it's the parents' job, not the government, to monitor what kids are reading or watching. As for the anime, I believe it's shown late at night and even then it's censored. So, I'm pretty sure KnJ is "underground". And once again, Bill 156 will lead to the production of more smut, not less.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10