• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Shadows House

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:26 pm Reply with quote
I knew Rum had to be the one helping the others...from the tiny purple bow on the soot creature. xD

....not a satisfying conclusion at all (and Edward really gets on my nerves lol) but at least I have the manga to read....Of course I didn't expect things to wrap up in thirteen episodes.
a_Bear_in_Bearcave

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:42 pm Reply with quote
As a manga reader,I was still satisfied with the show, and its alternate ending, but I hope it will prove to be popular enough to get second or maybe third season, to have all of the story animated. I rarely see show good enough to get me attached to literally faceless shadow girl as the main character (I consider Emilico as the main support character/second main character).
gsilver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:29 pm Reply with quote
It's probably a little while before the weekly episode reviews show up, but how does everyone feel about how it's going so far?

By episode 2, we've mostly course-corrected from the deviations from the manga, and they're introducing a new mystery. We're also getting a lot more characterization, especially on the Shadows side, and I really like the humor in it.

That OP and ending really deserve a shout-out, too. Some gorgeous framing there, especially in the ending.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10